Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is Mowbray now as ungracious as WGS?

Todays match stats from tannadice were;

Possession: Celtic 54% Dundee U 46%
    Attempts on Goal: Celtic 7 Dundee Utd 10
    Attempts on Target: Celtic 5 Dundee Utd 5
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/8369540.stm
    However; the simian-headed one says;

"We totally dominated and we didn't get what we deserved from the game but we need to take it on the chin and move on.

"They couldn't get near our goal, never mind score. But credit to them, they were great deliveries from the set plays.

"We've lost a game that we should never have lost. When we add the bits of quality we can be very successful for a very long time.

"They showed over the 85 minutes today that there was a huge gulf in quality on the pitch but any team can score from a set play if you don't defend them properly.

"At these times we've got to stick together. Next weekend we'll all be back in it together trying to win a football match."

I'm really starting to dislike him

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

"We totally dominated and we didn't get what we deserved from the game but we need to take it on the chin and move on.

"They couldn't get near our goal, never mind score. But credit to them, they were great deliveries from the set plays.

"We've lost a game that we should never have lost. When we add the bits of quality we can be very successful for a very long time.

"They showed over the 85 minutes today that there was a huge gulf in quality on the pitch but any team can score from a set play if you don't defend them properly.

"At these times we've got to stick together. Next weekend we'll all be back in it together trying to win a football match."

Up till a few months ago I wouldn't hear a word against him - now he's just making a complete tool of himself at every interview. Its the Celtc way I suppose..

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    think he will be out by January, the natives are definitely restless, and he is not celtic minded enough. They are rapidly runninngout of candidates who meet their exacting standards

Left by mutual consent!
    He's a total TlT

If WGS had made those comments we'd be going mental .. TM is turning all prick!

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    He was relaxed and laid back during after match interviews with Hibs. Now he is under pressure and he canot get teams organised defensively. Have disliked him since the Huddle at ER.
    It is now quite clear he was a lucky man when he arrived at ER. The players there where young and good and able to play to his footballing style.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    He won us the cup you know...

Quote Originally Posted by burleynomore View Post
    He was relaxed and laid back during after match interviews with Hibs. Now he is under pressure and he canot get teams organised defensively. Have disliked him since the Huddle at ER.
    It is now quite clear he was a lucky man when he arrived at ER. The players there where young and good and able to play to his footballing style.
    With us, we largely tolerated bad results as long as the team played well.

At Celtc winning is the only thing that matters, and it's clear he's struggling to cope with the expectations of their support.

like everyone who goes there he's turned into a total ******.

Heard the interview on Radio Scotland after the Dundee Utd game.

This is a man who in his time at Hibs and WBA set the standard for winning and losing with equal good grace, manners and class.

After 6 months or less at Smeltic he has become a total plank.

Thats what the OF do to you I suppose.

I'm absolutely loving whats happening to him just now.

He jumped ship twice when he saw a better opportunity....all this after banging on to young Hibs players about loyalty and staying put etc.

He used to come across as a real classy guy when he was at Hibs but some of his comments recently just show how much he wants to pander to the Celtic support by showing the same classless mentality that they all share.

If he got the sack I certainly wouldnt feel sorry for him.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalkeith Hibee View Post
    He used to come across as a real classy guy when he was at Hibs but some of his comments recently just show how much he wants to pander to the Celtic support by showing the same classless mentality that they all share.
    He knew long ago that 'tic was short for Celtc. But it's only dawning on him now that Tim is short for victim, and his whole mindset has changed to fit in.

He got lucky at hibs he was blessed with the best youngsters a scottish club has produced in many years. He just had to show them the way.Remember some of the p*sh he bought.He is tactically naïve. Watching celtic defending set pieces is like watching hibs when he was in charge woeful. And yeh he is now a pr*ck in interviews but that's what the ugly sisters do to u.

That incident where he refused to look at the tv screen when shown the McGeady dive at Easter Road was of the examples of how he has acted since he came back to Scotland. I cant believe this is the same guy from his time with us. He is dour, arrogant, defensive and quickly alienating everyone. Most of all he has shown an utter lack of class.

cock

Sad really.
    So deluded, given the evidence, he's begining to look a cert for the Hahahearts job.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    TM brought a much needed feel-good factor and some good ideas to Hibs, the main one being the training centre, but as a manager, he got off with absolute murder, when you look at the actual results under his stewardship.

I think now that I was blinded by the exciting way in which the large number of talented players he inherited sometimes performed. Under TM, the Hibs support were far too easily sold the idea that flair and skill were somehow substitutes for results, and we swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

I haven`t even got onto some of the utter donkeys TM signed or his total failure to urgently correct a dire goalkeeping situation that cost us very badly indeed, or the way he jumped ship after spouting a lot of pish to the players that they should remain loyal and serve their apprenticeships.

Now, Mowbray is being found out.

I wonder if he`ll try to tell the Celtic fans "if we play like that, we`ll lose more than we win"?

GG

Couple of quotes from his interview today:

Quote 1:

Quote 2:

Which is it? Not enough quality or too much?

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalkeith Hibee View Post
    I'm absolutely loving whats happening to him just now.

He jumped ship twice when he saw a better opportunity....all this after banging on to young Hibs players about loyalty and staying put etc.

If he got the sack I certainly wouldnt feel sorry for him.
    Agree completely

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by burleynomore View Post
    I am coming to the same conclusion. WAs of the belief that he was a man of morality after all he has been through but his behaviour and comments are leaving a bad taste in my mouth. The same problems (i.e. poor defence) have followed him from job to job and he is realising good football and pretty patterns dont win him plaudits with the dodgers.

Anyone who thinks that an OF manager is going to give a post match interview praising another SPL team after losing to them is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Anyone who thinks that an OF manager is going to give a post match interview praising another SPL team after losing to them is living in cloud cuckoo land.
    Totally agree. Being an OF manager means that no matter the result or performance you have to pander to the dribbling hordes. I enjoyed TM and MV at ER but when they left then I care not a jot about them.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Bollocks! Walter Smith does it often.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    Bollocks! Walter Smith does it often.
    Martin o'neill was also quite fair I thought.

I used to think he (Mowbray) was a very decent bloke who always showed respect for his oponents while representing his club in a professional manner. Maybe I was looking at things through green tinted glasses. A jambo mate from work insists he was always like that in the past.

When I think about it, refusing to meet with levein after a derby defeat (a few years back) could have been taken as being disrespectful. At the time I didn't think so but now I have taken of the green tinted glasses I can see him for the ungracious git that he is!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    TM brought a much needed feel-good factor and some good ideas to Hibs, the main one being the training centre, but as a manager, he got off with absolute murder, when you look at the actual results under his stewardship.

I think now that I was blinded by the exciting way in which the large number of talented players he inherited sometimes performed. Under TM, the Hibs support were far too easily sold the idea that flair and skill were somehow substitutes for results, and we swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

I haven`t even got onto some of the utter donkeys TM signed or his total failure to urgently correct a dire goalkeeping situation that cost us very badly indeed, or the way he jumped ship after spouting a lot of pish to the players that they should remain loyal and serve their apprenticeships.

Now, Mowbray is being found out.

I wonder if he`ll try to tell the Celtic fans "if we play like that, we`ll lose more than we win"?

GG
    I don't subscribe to this wholescale revisionism, he did a good job at Hibs before his head was turned.

He also did as well as any manager can at WBA, unless that club decides to back their manager next time they get promoted.

But it was clear that he wasn't the finished article at Hibs, and IMO he still isn't. He was disrespectful to Hibs on his return to ER (showed a lack of character), and it just seems his face don't fit at Celtc.

Heading for the sack, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    I don't subscribe to this wholescale revisionism, he did a good job at Hibs before his head was turned.

He also did as well as any manager can at WBA, unless that club decides to back their manager next time they get promoted.

But it was clear that he wasn't the finished article at Hibs, and IMO he still isn't. He was disrespectful to Hibs on his return to ER (showed a lack of character), and it just seems his face don't fit at Celtc.

Heading for the sack, I think.
    totally agree with your (football )comments.he has inherited a couple of real huddies at the back too,and signed a couple of naebdys heardofs who look as if they are just not celtic class tbh. he'll no be there long,as i've said before.

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    Sad to see what's happening to Mowbray. His grace and level-headedness in defeat when at Hibs and WBA was admirable, while he was equally respectful towards opponents he'd just gubbed.

Sadly, the pressure of managing Celtic is starting to tell and the enormity of the mistake he has made in taking the job is dawning on him. Comments like those he made today are ill befitting a man like Mowbray, whom I have always had immense respect for.

He has made a major mistake in returning to Celtic and this job could well shatter a promising mangerial career. Big mistake Tony. I thought you'd have known better

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vanquinho
    Screw Mowbray, the day he done 'that' huddle he truly became just another one of them, no different in my eyes. I'm loving his troubles at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    That incident where he refused to look at the tv screen when shown the McGeady dive at Easter Road was of the examples of how he has acted since he came back to Scotland. I cant believe this is the same guy from his time with us. He is dour, arrogant, defensive and quickly alienating everyone. Most of all he has shown an utter lack of class.

cock

Very quickly caught a bad case of weegieitis

Sounds like Mogga has completely lost the plot to be honest.

I'm not going to blame him too much for 'jumping ship' and all but it seems like the SellickFootballClub job is just too much for him.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Levein replied by saying the gulf in class wasnt that big & he didnt feel Utd were too much better than Celtc