hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    20/1 for Ivory Coast to win it on William Hill

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BTW - is Sol the only SPL player with a chance of playing in the World Cup?
    No, there's quite a few. Killen, McDonald and Samaras will all be there, which is pretty amazing seeing that Celtc can't buy goals just now.

As someone's already mentioned, Bougherra will be there with Algeria.

There's also Kingston at the Yams, but since he's not actually playing for them then he probably doesn't count

If only Hibs had listened to me and signed Shane Smeltz we'd have had TWO players going to the World Cup...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    If only Hibs had listened to me and signed Shane Smeltz we'd have had TWO players going to the World Cup...

If Damien Duff could finish a one on one with a keeper, we'd have three

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    20/1 for Ivory Coast to win it on William Hill
    33/1 on totesport, betfred, victor chandler, bluesquare & Corals

Quote Originally Posted by hibeeleicester View Post
    samaras
    Fabulous pass for the Greece qualifying goal though.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shugster View Post
    No, there's quite a few. Killen, McDonald and Samaras will all be there, which is pretty amazing seeing that Celtc can't buy goals just now.

As someone's already mentioned, Bougherra will be there with Algeria.

There's also Kingston at the Yams, but since he's not actually playing for them then he probably doesn't count

Ah well. I should really wake up before posting stuff like that. Let's hope he gets a chance to REALLY kick his Celtic buddies HARD then - a parting gift to the Hibees before heading on to pastures new.....

It will be interesting to see now whether Bamba plays on Saturday. If he doesn't I for one will be very disappointed.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

Bamba.

We all know he's going, its just when. January or the summer, he will leave. Mixu did some stupid things while in charge, but getting this lad to sign was his best piece of work. Bamba is playing for a bloody good international side, a side that have a real chance of doing some damage at next years world cup. We must see that selling him in January would be stupid, his price is only going to get bigger with him playing in the world cup, I hope the club can agree it with him, and he plays with us until the summer, he will get his move, and we will get a good wedge towards the stand.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HFC Owain
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    We all know he's going, its just when. January or the summer, he will leave. Mixu did some stupid things while in charge, but getting this lad to sign was his best piece of work. Bamba is playing for a bloody good international side, a side that have a real chance of doing some damage at next years world cup. We must see that selling him in January would be stupid, his price is only going to get bigger with him playing in the world cup, I hope the club can agree it with him, and he plays with us until the summer, he will get his move, and we will get a good wedge towards the stand.
    I agree with this and thought this makes sense. My only worry is will he want to improve his game more before the world cup by playing for a team down south. Saying this will he want to move in January and risk not play regularly before the world cup? Also talking about the Ivory Coast think they could be better than England how good would it be Bamba getting a clean sheet against them at the world cup

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Owain_1987 View Post
    I agree with this and thought this makes sense. My only worry is will he want to improve his game more before the world cup by playing for a team down south. Saying this will he want to move in January and risk not play regularly before the world cup? Also talking about the Ivory Coast think they could be better than England how good would it be Bamba getting a clean sheet against them at the world cup
    Don't be silly, England wouldn't get a draw like that. They'll get something like Slovenia, New Zealand and North Korea.

We do hold the aces on this one. He will want to play in the world cup, sitting in the stands is no good to him. We have to do whats best for us, AND the player. And the club will surely know its the summer when he should be sold.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    We do hold the aces on this one. He will want to play in the world cup, sitting in the stands is no good to him. We have to do whats best for us, AND the player. And the club will surely know its the summer when he should be sold.
    Makes complete sense. He is playing for Ivory Coast at the moment while playing for Hibs why would he want to move now to a club where he may not get a regular game and potentially jeopardise his World cup chance.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I'd be surprised if anyone wanted to buy him in January, given that he will be on International duty for the first few weeks of the year. The final is on 31st so it's possible that he won't have even met his new team mates until early February.

Having said that, if someone wants him badly enough, they can make us an offer we can't refuse.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Watched Bamba last night playing against Germany - all in all he had a good game, with one or two "bad" mistakes and one moment when he completely missed the ball when attempting to kick it.
    Otherwise, the commentator here praised him because he won 90%+ of his tackles - he seems to think Bamba plays in Edinburgh for Edinburgh though? Never mentioned Hibs all evening - "bloody Germans!"
    Would be a pity to see him go though.
    The Ivory Coast looked very good in stages last night, but German resilience payed off as usual with the late equaliser. Terrible referee here too by the way.

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    We hold the aces with Bamba and interested clubs.

Bamba must be 100% focussed on playing, and playing well for us so that he can be considered for selection for the world cup.

Quote Originally Posted by GlesgaeHibby View Post
    We hold the aces with Bamba and interested clubs.

Bamba must be 100% focussed on playing, and playing well for us so that he can be considered for selection for the world cup.

Reminds me of Neil Berry. Now there was a player.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Kent his dad Chuck.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Kent his dad Chuck.
    I've bagged off wi his sister Halle

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Kent his dad Chuck.
    I've bagged off wi his sister Halle
    I always thought he was a bit of a dingle.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    Watched Bamba last night playing against Germany - all in all he had a good game, with one or two "bad" mistakes and one moment when he completely missed the ball when attempting to kick it.
    Otherwise, the commentator here praised him because he won 90%+ of his tackles - he seems to think Bamba plays in Edinburgh for Edinburgh though? Never mentioned Hibs all evening - "bloody Germans!"
    Would be a pity to see him go though.
    The Ivory Coast looked very good in stages last night, but German resilience payed off as usual with the late equaliser. Terrible referee here too by the way.
    Germans seem to emphasise the place name with some clubs, even if the place isn't in their official name. ie Celtic Glasgow, or even referring to Man Utd as "Manchester". Hibs are known as "Hibernian Edinburgh". I suppose it avoids ambiguity with the "Irishness" of the name, and with the Maltese Hibernians.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    Germans seem to emphasise the place name with some clubs, even if the place isn't in their official name. ie Celtic Glasgow, or even referring to Man Utd as "Manchester". Hibs are known as "Hibernian Edinburgh". I suppose it avoids ambiguity with the "Irishness" of the name, and with the Maltese Hibernians.
    Same here.

To be understood I have to speak about 'eebernian d'Edimbourg, ronjers de Glasgow, san meerenne, etc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor® View Post
    Same here.

To be understood I have to speak about 'eebernian d'Edimbourg, ronjers de Glasgow, san meerenne, etc.
    Ahem...just why would you be fouling the air talking about them

Yeah, it's just lazy journalism though if you ask me - Germans know that Glasgow has two main teams so they really should refain from talking of "Glasgow" - the same applies to Edinburgh. Of course they think it's all in England too!

Thirty years and counting and they still call me English!

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    Ahem...just why would you be fouling the air talking about them

To explain what a bunch of "wonkeurs" they are.

Blog Entries
    Bacl t sol....I think Hibs coaching is starting to knock off the rough edges on what was a great prospect that could have some major bloomers. He has the skil / pace / height / strength to be a great...just needs the footballing brain tuned to know when to play a bit and when to just put the foot / head through the ball.

I wonder...if he and Toure form a strong partnership..... maybe Hughes will see it makes sense to get the Sheiks readys out....Rod would be slivating at the prospect of those negotiations....

But not till post WC....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor® View Post
    To explain what a bunch of "wonkeurs" they are.

Excused

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Don't be silly, England wouldn't get a draw like that. They'll get something like Slovenia, New Zealand and North Korea.

Was thinking as much myself, why do England always get the jammiest draws?

Last WC they had Paraguay (Weakest of the south American teams)
    Trinidad & Tobago (Nuff said)
    & Sweden (Always been a team to make up the numbers at a World Cup, like most Scandanavian countries, (Best they get is second round then out, (See Denmark v England at WC 2002)))

Dont know what the groups are, but there is a good chanch England will get an African team, hope to God it is Ivory Coast, as I think they are the best African team, full of technically good players playing in top teams across Europe.
    Them and Australia. Australia are another team that are well drilled (did not lose a game qualifying), and they almost knocked Italy out of the last WC.

Then mayby throw in USA, and we could see England out.

J