hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Boyd, McGregor and Ferguson back in the Scotland squad?

Chick Young allready leading the campaign to have Walter Smith reinstated and get McGregor, Ferguson and Boyd back in the Scotland squad link here

The main thing Burley did right was to leave these idiotic, childish, delusional players out of his squads and personally would take it as affront to the Scotland fans if they are allowed back into the fold.

Would just be another step along the road of me lossing my interest in the Scotland national team, which started a long time before I moved to the other side of the world.

And the SFA can keep their grubby mits of oor Ricki Herbert!!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

I, personally, would not have too many objections to Boyd being recalled to the squad.

However Ferguson and McGregor can go and get raffled.

What more do you expect?

'One afternoon in Cardiff brought shame and scandal on the Scottish football family: but in truth the fury, the disgust and indeed the apathy of the support had been building.'

That, with a few choice word changes could easily describe Barry and Co.

'Can I point out that Kris Boyd will now welcome an invitation back into the fold and the new manager can lift the ban on Allan McGregor and Barry Ferguson... And boy, do we need a drink.'

Possibly an attempt at humour, more likely a calous dig at those who would stand in the way of the Rangers Old Boy network.

Boyd would welcome an invitation? How gracious of him. He can do one as far as I'm concerned. So we are now supposed to ignore Ferguson and McGregor's pitiful conduct and terrible example to the rest of a game blighted by our players desire to do little else than get smashed?

I would seriously consider abandoning the national team if Smith and those jakey pr1cks come back in.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I, personally, would not have too many objections to Boyd being recalled to the squad.

Boyd can go and get ****ed

Toys out the pram from the big lazy git, he's on a par with the other two overated guffys

Left by mutual consent!
    much as we all dislike, Rangers and Celtic fan power will see at least two of these goons getting the allclear.

The SFA would be too scared they got a crowd of about 4,500 otherwise.

Yes the Ibrox lobby goes into overdrive at these times.

I've never cared for Walter Smith. I think he is a two-face - all cuddly on the surface but a right vicious type in reality.

Of course that doesn't mean he'd be bad for Scotland.

But I wouldn't like it to be a rebound from the Rangers job. Let's face it. He's too old.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vanquinho
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Yes the Ibrox lobby goes into overdrive at these times.

I've never cared for Walter Smith. I think he is a two-face - all cuddly on the surface but a right vicious type in reality.

Of course that doesn't mean he'd be bad for Scotland.

But I wouldn't like it to be a rebound from the Rangers job. Let's face it. He's too old.
    Too old for what? For being a manager?

He's younger than Alex Ferguson.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Japhakayk
    We all seem to be forgetting the one star player who we will all welcome back with gratitude and relief... Lee 'kick em hard kick em high' McCullochinho.

The Euros are a formality!

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo

I would bring Boyd back in a heartbeat, as for the other 2 GTF

This is also my view

Left by mutual consent!
    The 3 of them can do one for me.

It was Boyd who spat the dummy in the first place, just like Fergushun did when Polly gwen found him out.

As for McGregor, he was led up the garden path by Fergushun in their wee tirade against everything Scottish.

Oh and Chick young can do one with them.

@hibs.net private member PeeKay's Avatar
    My understanding was that it was the SFA and not the manager who hunted Ferguson and McGregor. In which case the new manager will not be able to lift the ban as Chick Young claims.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    The 3 of them can do one for me.

It was Boyd who spat the dummy in the first place, just like Fergushun did when Polly gwen found him out.

As for McGregor, he was led up the garden path by Fergushun in their wee tirade against everything Scottish.

Oh and Chick young can do one with them.

No way could I support a Scotland team managed by Smith with these 3 back in again. It would be taking the pish to new extremes.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeKay View Post
    My understanding was that it was the SFA and not the manager who hunted Ferguson and McGregor. In which case the new manager will not be able to lift the ban as Chick Young claims.
    The new manager will have a lot of barganing power, if the new guy wants them back he'll get them back IMO.

I think if we get a foreign manager it's more likely he'll hear what they did and tell them to bolt, however if we get a scottish manager in thats not bothered about our 'booze culture' he's more likely to want tham back.

Would take Feguson, McCulloch, and Boyd back.

McGregor isnt good enough to displace Gordon so no need to worry about him. If Katie ever gets fit he'd be in my starting line up as well.

This is about football and these guys are good football players.

Boyd had a personal issue with Burley, however the other two just took the piss and should never play for Scotland again. We have enough cover at goalkeeper and Barry the Crab was always very overrated.

why no mention of leee mchulloch or chris Burke? The other retirees under Burley....

Smith is 'yesterdays man'. Shouldn't be even thought of for the job.
    As for the other 3 - they should get nowhere near a scotland jersey.
    p.s. neither should have Davie Weir.

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    boyd i would accept he done no worse that what murray done in the past (2 fingers) and we acepted him.

crab and mac can gtf can if they are welcolmed back i will not have anything to do with scotland

@hibs.net private member WeAreHibs's Avatar
    I just want a bit of pride in our national team again. I don't care who they play for, as long as they have Scottish blood and can sing Flower of Scotland.

Too much is said of players in a negative fashion, let's look back to the Craig Brown era when we played Brazil and gave England a good running. The squad was a good mix and you had the impression that they were playing for the jersey. We need a manager who will restore the pride and bin the huddies that Bertie would find at band camp coz they had Simple Minds cd.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Japhakayk
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys89 View Post
    why no mention of leee mchulloch or chris Burke? The other retirees under Burley....
    Thank you for proving my signature right!

See post 8 for details...

Testimonial Due RoslinInstHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibiedude View Post
    I would bring Boyd back in a heartbeat, as for the other 2 GTF
    anyioen but bloody miller upfront....please

Quote Originally Posted by sambajustice View Post
    Would take Feguson, McCulloch, and Boyd back.

McGregor isnt good enough to displace Gordon so no need to worry about him. If Katie ever gets fit he'd be in my starting line up as well.

This is about football and these guys are good football players.
    Yes, because goalkeepers never get injured. Boyd who only regularly features for Rangers at home, an aging Ferguson and as for McCulloch........

Boyd is an ordinary footballer who fills his boots against smaller teams and does little else of note. Anyway, Huns tend to pull out of squads.

I'd be disgusted if any of those players were allowed back in as a result of a hunbased media
    Last edited by BryanV; 17-11-2009 at 11:40 AM.

Spot on. From what I hear Boyd was messed about and told by Burley he was never going to be played anyway, but stripped and wasted his time.

Why? Why no say - yer no playing...dont waste yer time. Thats why nobody is playing for Burley...its by and large the SAME squad of players who played well against France, Italy and Ukraine yet got pumped from Wales and struggled against Northern Ireland!

Pish. Burley is gone. Thank ****. Boyd and Riordan in the team, playing...this would be good.

BUT, the other 2 ********s can piss off.

ENDOF

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sadtom View Post
    Smith is 'yesterdays man'. Shouldn't be even thought of for the job.
    As for the other 3 - they should get nowhere near a scotland jersey.
    p.s. neither should have Davie Weir.
    Can't believe that anyone would ever think of employing this cynical ******** again. He walked out on the national team as they were poised to qualify for the World Cup. Only in Scotland would we be so accommodating to someone who preferred to manage a club side.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Martini View Post
    Spot on. From what I hear Boyd was messed about and told by Burley he was never going to be played anyway, but stripped and wasted his time.

Why? Why no say - yer no playing...dont waste yer time. Thats why nobody is playing for Burley...its by and large the SAME squad of players who played well against France, Italy and Ukraine yet got pumped from Wales and struggled against Northern Ireland!

Pish. Burley is gone. Thank ****. Boyd and Riordan in the team, playing...this would be good.

BUT, the other 2 ********s can piss off.

ENDOF
    Absolutely. Boyd WAS messed about by Burley IMO and had reason to refuse selection when he did. The accounts I heard were exactly as you say, BM.

The same went for Lee McCulloch, IIRC. I was told he was discarded out of hand by Burley - told he was surplus to requirements regardless of his form or the team's circumstances. I see he's ruled out any return to the Scotland team (not that he's ever likely to be picked again now).

These guys were in one situation; Ferguson and McGregor in another.

The other two shouldn't be considered again. Ever.

Just a thought. From the way Burley was slavering over Fox for LB, it would appear that Ian Murray was also discarded by Burley regardless of the fact that he's played every game since returning from suspension, and played extremely well.

I wonder if Deek's still playing in - what was it George said? - 'last-chance saloon'?
    Last edited by --------; 17-11-2009 at 11:33 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Walter Smith can GTF. He walked out last time, no going back now IMO.

Left by mutual consent! New Corrie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    Can't believe that anyone would ever think of employing this cynical ******** again. He walked out on the national team as they were poised to qualify for the World Cup. Only in Scotland would we be so accommodating to someone who preferred to manage a club side.
    Which is exactly what I and probably most would have done if Hibs had come calling...Managing Scotland or Managing the team you support....that's an easy choice I would have thought!

To my mind any player that is good enough should be considered for Scotland regardless of who they play for.

Kris Boyd is currently Scotlands most prolific scorer at club level and for him not to be involved is pathetic and the fault of the previous manager.

McGregor and Ferguson are a different story but both are good players, maybe squad players and not first choice but they have been punished for their behaviour so why (if they are performing well) should they be left out. I believe we have good Scottish players available but not so many we can afford to ignore these guys.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody1985 View Post
    Walter Smith can GTF. He walked out last time, no going back now IMO.

Suppose it was a former Hibs player or manager? Say Willie Ormond had resigned as Scotland boss to manage Hibs? Or McLeish had resigned to come back to ER?

Would you feel the same way - never again for Scotland?

I'd just like someone who's capable of getting the team back together and getting decent results. McLeish and Smith had got us just about feeling good about our national team again - which was a feeling I'd begun to think had departed for ever.

FWIW, I wouldn't be totally gobsmacked if there was a dual appointment - Alex Miller and John Collins. Alex has done very well since he left Hibs - he's very highly thought of at Anfield, and was a big part of a management team that won a fair bit of silverware, including the Champions' League. He did well in Japan, too. John Collins knows how to coach - it was his man-management that was in question at ER. I'd also guess he was done no favours by being shackled to Uncle Toamy. I could just see Smiler and Six-Pack doing a job for Scotland....

But we'll probably get Walter Smith right enough.