hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Should Deeks tell Burley to GTF?

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

62 27.43%
  • No (and reason)

164 72.57%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Would Riordan be justified in refusing to play for Scotland again?

Usually Ive got no time for players who go in a strop with their national team. But in Deeks case its just getting ridiculous now, with Burley's snide comments in the media and his refusal to play him for any more than 15 minutes per match when he does get picked, it must be crossing Deeks mind to tell Burley to GTF. I'd completely support him if he did. Thoughts?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    No. It shouldn't be about ego.

No. We've had too much of this kind of business already with players taking the huff. Deek should represent his country when called upon.

Edit: I should add that I think Deek hasn't been given a fair chance over the two recent friendlies. He should have been given at least a half in one of the games to show what he can do. Little more than ten minutes in each game isn't giving him a fair chance to get involved and Burley is a complete clown. Deek has every reason to be pissed off but he needs to just keep the heed and work on improving.
    Last edited by jakedance; 14-11-2009 at 06:27 PM.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No. It shouldn't be about ego.
    If he did tell Burley to gtf it wouldn't be about ego imo, it would be because Burley doesn't have a clue what he is doing.

Even if Deeks wanted to, he should keep it shut just now. Burley has been found out big style, it's only a matter of time before he is exited, then Deeks should get a chance.If he opens his mouth now he'll probably be finished at international level.

Left by mutual consent!
    burley will not likely be in charge of our next game. If he is I'd find it hard to believe many will buy a ticket.

They are crap and he is 'tactically inept' <--- not used that since Mixu was the manager.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toaods View Post
    burley will not likely be in charge of our next game. If he is I'd find it hard to believe many will buy a ticket.

They are crap and he is 'tactically inept' <--- not used that since Mixu was the manager.
    Correct.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toaods View Post

he just needs Vlad to pick the team. I wish they got on better.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 65bd® View Post
    If he did tell Burley to gtf it wouldn't be about ego imo, it would be because Burley doesn't have a clue what he is doing.
    To my mind that = It's not worth my time playing for you = ego.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    What snidey remarks did the jambo jakey make about Riordan?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    What snidey remarks did the jambo jakey make about Riordan?
    All I know that he said was prior to the Japan game: "it's his last chance" or something along those lines.

Whilst I personally wouldn't make that decision, I think it would be completely understandable if he told Burley where to go. It's an absolute joke that he has now been taken to Japan and Wales and has been involved for a combined total of under 30 minutes.

I understood why Boyd did what he did and I would feel the same with Riordan, even if I wouldn't go down that road if I was in that position.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    To my mind that = It's not worth my time playing for you = ego.
    But it is worth his time, except that the yam fud is not playing him.

I would tell him to GTF if I saw him but if I was in Deeks position I'd keep my gob shut.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Why should Riordan be guaranteed a start, or more than just a sub appearance at the end?

Since he has only managed to get back into the international team he is still down a bit in the pecking order, and I dont see the problem with him getting sub appearances until he has proven himself by scoring; can argue that he maybe needs a whole game to do this but this is totally different to club football and he will need to snatch whatever chance he can get.

What I dont agree with is Miller getting started over the likes of Fletcher! He is the worst player in the Scotland squad, I feel embarrassed when he plays for Scotland, and the sooner he is punted the better; how can a manager show faith in a player who cant score?

Burley will be gone soon hopefulyl so the new manager will see sense that Miller is crap and Deeks should be in.

Why play Miller, we should play McCormack and Fletcher because they will be our key strikers for the Euro's campaign, Miller is old and won't be in Scotland that long, get the new generation in

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Reason: Ridiculous question

No, don't stoop to Burley's level and go in the huff like cry baby Boyd, stick at it and hopefully when Burley's gone his successor will give him more time.

Uh no, he should be the bigger man.

Would you support him telling Yogi to do one if he stopped playing him?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster18 View Post
    Reason: Ridiculous question
    I apologise unreservedly

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Never mind now, Riordan should have done it after the Japan game, because Burley's treatment of him before and during that game was absurd. Burley built him up before the game, then picked in him in an apparently weak squad. That squad was weakened further by several call-offs, which necessitated the addition of several players (including Lee Miller and Craig Conway). Yet come the match itself, some of the players who hadn't even been selected in the original squad were picked to start the game.

Burley is worse than Berti.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Refusing to play for your country is the hun way, leave them to make ***** of themselves.

First Team Breakthrough DirtyDeeds's Avatar
    Crazy, blinkered Green-biased thinking to suggest he should chuck it. Its an honour to get the call, regardless of how gash we are. Was it not Scot Gemmill who got called into 50/60-odd squads yet earned about 20 caps? Thats the attitude we miss around our squad. Its getting painful seeing Kenny Miller continually getting the number 9 jersey game after game, its unfortunate he isnt one of the guys who likes to get a 'niggle' around friendly time. Your time is over Kenny, please walk away.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Burley seems to be pretty pish. Nevertheless players don't pick teams. I would love to see Deek at the heart (or rather, drifting in from the left) of a Scotland team but if the manager, whomsoever that maybe, doesn't want him then that's that. Any player who deselects as a consequence of not being picked needs a word with themselves and doesn't probably deserve a selection.

Having said all that, I'm a fan of scrapping international football anyway.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I wonder how Olly Solskjaer would vote.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Are folk on here suggesting that Kris Boyd was right to turn his back on Scotland cos he didn't get picked?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye...® View Post
    Burley seems to be pretty pish. Nevertheless players don't pick teams. I would love to see Deek at the heart (or rather, drifting in from the left) of a Scotland team but if the manager, whomsoever that maybe, doesn't want him then that's that. Any player who deselects as a consequence of not being picked needs a word with themselves and doesn't probably deserve a selection.

Having said all that, I'm a fan of scrapping international football anyway.

I don't have a lot of time for international football either. That's probably because right now the Scotland team's very poor - if we had qualified for South Africa I might very well feel differently.

I agree totally that Deek shouldn't say or do anything to alienate himself from the Scotland team. He makes himself available when called up, and plays when he's told to by whoever's the manager at the time. That's just being professional, IMO, and Deek's been showing a much higher level of professionalism this season than hitherto - because of this, he's now a much more valuable player for Hibs than he was first time round. Lie low, say nothing, take it a day at a time, and it'll come good, IMO. He has the talent.

Same goes for Ian Murray, IMO - a sensible manager will pick both Deek and Ian eventually.

No country's FA can afford to sustain a situation where the fans, the reporters and the players see their manager and ask themselves, "Is he sober? Drunk? Out of it?"

Burley's a twonk and needs launching immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    I don't have a lot of time for international football either. That's probably because right now the Scotland team's very poor - if we had qualified for South Africa I might very well feel differently.
    I wouldn't. I never used to miss a Hampden International. Now I think International fitba is a busted flush. If I want to see the best players and teams in the world play to the best of their ability then its the Champions League that I will tune to.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I wouldn't. I never used to miss a Hampden International. Now I think International fitba is a busted flush. If I want to see the best players and teams in the world play to the best of their ability then its the Champions League that I will tune to.

You may be right. I'll watch the Ivory Coast's games - for Sol the Bam's sake. If the Republic of Ireland get there, I'll watch them, for Miller, Stokes, and Stack if they're picked. I'd have watched Morocco too if they'd qualified - for Benji and Zouma.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Are folk on here suggesting that Kris Boyd was right to turn his back on Scotland cos he didn't get picked?
    Yes. There was no rational justification for selecting Iwelumo ahead of him.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 65bd® View Post

Even if Deeks wanted to, he should keep it shut just now. Burley has been found out big style, it's only a matter of time before he is exited, then Deeks should get a chance.If he opens his mouth now he'll probably be finished at international level.

Spot on!

Lee Miller, Kenny Miller, Naismith, Kyle and Don *****in Cowie have all had more game time than Derek in the last 2 games..

Pathetic behaviour from the Jakey Jambo Jism stain, STILL trying to get one over Riordan and Hibs..

GTF Burley you alcoholic Herts Phanny..

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    Yes. There was no rational justification for selecting Iwelumo ahead of him.

different types of players and Iwelumo wants to do it for Scotland even if he did miss a sitter. In terms of leading the line on the larger sized International pitches.

Boyd's a lazy git and generally a non team man, apart from the fact he's a whining tosser...ask Walter, McLeish, Bertie Vogts, Burley in fact almost every manager he's had apart from Jumbo Jim.