hibs.net Messageboard

Morroco 2-0 down and out of African Cup

Benji has been subbed after starting, dunno if it was through injury or not. Did not know Paul le Guen was in charge of Cameroon now.

In other news, Bamba has started for the Ivory Coast who are currently 2-0 up at half time.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zlatan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Benji has been subbed after starting, dunno if it was through injury or not. Did not know Paul le Guen was in charge of Cameroon now.

In other news, Bamba has started for the Ivory Coast who are currently 2-0 up at half time.
    Now there is a surprise that Bamba has started.

@hibs.net private member millarco's Avatar
    From a selfish point of view is that not Morocco out of the African Nations Cup? Would be disappointed for the players but IMO we're half the team without Zemmama, would be a big blow if him and Benji were missing for a month or so.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    from a club point of view, a good game for him today and inclusion in the Ivorians World Cup Squad puts a lot of cash on his value.

Quote Originally Posted by Toaods View Post
    from a club point of view, a good game for him today and inclusion in the Ivorians World Cup Squad puts a lot of cash on his value.
    And I'm sure Hughes has had a word in his ear about how quickly he'd be forgotten by the IC manager if he wasn't getting a game at Hibs.

Yogi was in the paper this morning singing Bambas praises again so I'm sure this whole episode is done and dusted.

Left by mutual consent!
    And I'm sure Hughes has had a word in his ear about how quickly he'd be forgotten by the IC manager if he wasn't getting a game at Hibs.

Yogi was in the paper this morning singing Bambas praises again so I'm sure this whole episode is done and dusted.

I'm never too drawn in to idle gossip on fall-outs.

jees, kast Saturday I expect Yogi to be in the casulaty wing at the New ERI such was the savage beating he received.

Probably find Bamba knew he would be starting and was concerned he'd miss his big chance if hurt in the Hearts game.

Controversial of course, but happens all the time.

Probably find Bamba knew he would be starting and was concerned he'd miss his big chance if hurt in the Hearts game.
    If, as alleged, he did not show on the morning of the game, that is no excuse!

All over, Morocco have finished bottom so we keep Zemmama and Benji for January
    http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/prelimi...ngs/index.html

jees, kast Saturday I expect Yogi to be in the casulaty wing at the New ERI such was the savage beating he received.

No idle gossip, Bamba told Yogi he did not want to play in derby as injured, but by miracle of miracles he is fit to play for Ivory Coast......

No player is bigger than the Club, and would be amazed if Bamba not moved on in January

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    All over, Morocco have finished bottom so we keep Zemmama and Benji for January
    http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/prelimi...ngs/index.html
    Morocco haven't qualified for the World Cup in JUNE. Not sure about the African Nations in January though.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orourke73 View Post
    Morocco haven't qualified for the World Cup in JUNE. Not sure about the African Nations in January though.
    They had to win today to have any chance of qualifying for the African Nations Cup.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Delabooze View Post
    No idle gossip, Bamba told Yogi he did not want to play in derby as injured, but by miracle of miracles he is fit to play for Ivory Coast......

No player is bigger than the Club, and would be amazed if Bamba not moved on in January
    a disagreement over fitness is not exactly the same as a sqaure-go that was being touted though.

Perhaps the back-to-fully fit Bamba will get a shock over the next couple of weeks if he is deemed not be fit by the Hibs manager...
    Last edited by Toaods; 14-11-2009 at 05:56 PM.

a disagreement over fitness is not exactl the same as a sqaure-go that was being touted though.

Perhaps the back-to-fully fit Bamba will get a shock over the next couple of weeks if he is deemed not be fit by the Hibs manager...
    Never heard the rumours of a square go. I was really annoyed last Saturday to hear of Bamba's absence but I am fully behind Yogi if he wishes to drop Bamba for future games..... He has to show who the boss is........

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Id be staggered if Hibs let Bamba leave in January, it doesnt make sense, if Bamba gets a good world cup under his belt playing at the biggest stage in the world alongside Drogba, the two Toures, Kalou etc then the £££££ bids will come in the summer.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Id be staggered if Hibs let Bamba leave in January, it doesnt make sense, if Bamba gets a good world cup under his belt playing at the biggest stage in the world alongside Drogba, the two Toures, Kalou etc then the £££££ bids will come in the summer.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post

Barcelona, Inter, Liverpool, Kaunas.....

The 3rd place team in each group qualify for the ACN. Shame for the two of the them, but thats 5 SPL games that they wont now miss. Brilliant news for Hibs

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Barcelona, Inter, Liverpool, Kaunas.....

Speaking of them , pretty sure Hearts are due an influx of ugly Easterns pretty soon

They finished bottom of their group of four and only the top three from each group qualified for the African Nations Cup, with the top side also qualifying for the World Cup.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    I've no doubt Bamba shat it last weekend

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar

I hope the episode is done and dusted, Hughes is making the right noises to the media and hopefully Bamba will realise he has to be playing first team football to realise his ambitions.

The ones who might not be so forgiving are his team mates who were furious with his behaviour / no show. Not for the first time either.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar

Don't think it would have been Yogi in the ERI if push had came to shove. I heard fall out but no physical violence in any shape or form.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Don't think it would have been Yogi in the ERI if push had came to shove. I heard fall out but no physical violence in any shape or form.

Yogi's no youngster and the hardman image was gained on the pitch for sure.

Bottom line is you'd ken aw aboot it if Big Sol stuck one on ye'....

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar

1. Wrong way around methinks had there actually been a "proper" fight!

2, Even if true, he is under contract at Hibs and should do what he is told to do by management especially for such a big game for the club and the Hibs fans!

Anyhow, IC have already qualified for the WC and this was a meaningless game so would be far worse if he got crocked in such a game IMO!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Dont really have an issue with him not playing last week if he had a knock and didnt want to risk it. Sol playing for his country will be massive to him especially in the World cup. Obviously if he has behaved badly that is another thing however wouldnt be rushing to sell him that is for sure.