hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Playing for the enemy.

I remember a conversation I had with a bunch of lads I used to work with. It was a hypothetical argument about if you would take the chance of playing for your biggest rivals, if you were somehow offered it.

One guy who was a typical hun (racist, only went to Eufa Cup finals, orange marcher, I suspect maybe a mason too), was actually saying he would never play for Celtic out of principal, he'd actually rather work for crap money doing a crap job than earn loads as a footballer for them. A Celtic fan agreed that he wouldn't play for Rangers!

From one extreme to another was a passionate Hibby who'd actually played for Hearts at youth level but never made the grade. He said scoring against his own team would feel so good if he scored for Hearts in a derby he'd be running up to the Hibs fans giving them the shoosh sign . Personally I'd have to agree, if in some fantasy world where I wasn't slow as ***** and I was actually good at football, I'd happily let Hearts or anyone else pay me good money to train a couple of hours a day and have a game once a week. In fact, if they paid me I'd happily stand at the top of the Scot Monument with an army jacket and a Hearts scarf belting out "H-E-A-R-T-S" and "One Wallace Mercer".

Are any of you lot in agreement with the Rantic fans here? Personally I would imagine people who say stuff like that are probably trying to make themselves look passionate to make up for their lack of attendance, and would change their mind if genuinely offered it. Opinions?

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular OstKurve Hibs's Avatar
    I couldnt imagine pullin that S£$%E coloured top over my head, and defo wouldnt sing there songs.
    Your loyalty obviously lies with cash!

Quote Originally Posted by OstKurve Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I couldnt imagine pullin that S£$%E coloured top over my head, and defo wouldnt sing there songs.
    That just about sums it up for me!

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    I wouldn't rule it out but it would depend on the alternative. If I was given the option of being a professional footballer at Hearts or not being a professional football then I would choose Hearts. If I actually was a professional and was given the option of playing for other clubs then I would probably try to avoid playing for them.

@hibs.net private member Sprouleflyer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory89 View Post
    I remember a conversation I had with a bunch of lads I used to work with. It was a hypothetical argument about if you would take the chance of playing for your biggest rivals, if you were somehow offered it.

One guy who was a typical hun (racist, only went to Eufa Cup finals, orange marcher, I suspect maybe a mason too), was actually saying he would never play for Celtic out of principal, he'd actually rather work for crap money doing a crap job than earn loads as a footballer for them. A Celtic fan agreed that he wouldn't play for Rangers!

From one extreme to another was a passionate Hibby who'd actually played for Hearts at youth level but never made the grade. He said scoring against his own team would feel so good if he scored for Hearts in a derby he'd be running up to the Hibs fans giving them the shoosh sign . Personally I'd have to agree, if in some fantasy world where I wasn't slow as ***** and I was actually good at football, I'd happily let Hearts or anyone else pay me good money to train a couple of hours a day and have a game once a week. In fact, if they paid me I'd happily stand at the top of the Scot Monument with an army jacket and a Hearts scarf belting out "H-E-A-R-T-S" and "One Wallace Mercer".

Are any of you lot in agreement with the Rantic fans here? Personally I would imagine people who say stuff like that are probably trying to make themselves look passionate to make up for their lack of attendance, and would change their mind if genuinely offered it. Opinions?
    LTYF

I wouldn't play for Hearts for all the tea in China.

I could never play against Hibs in an Edinburgh Derby.

I would never ever play for Hearts. I work as a Painter and Decorator right now and would happily spend the rest of my days on cold building sites earning horrible money with the fear of losing my job every week rather than playing for them.

£300ish a week P&D - £4000ish a week Hearts

P&D

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Sorry Rory.

But I just couldn't bring myself round to play for that shower of sh**e.

I have a massive hatred towards Hearts as I'm sure you've noticed.

For anyone who comes on this thread and says they would do it just for the money... Keep in mind that their is no guarantee that you would actually get paid.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    I'd happily play for Hearts in a derby as long as they didn't mind me scoring an o.g. & kicking the ref up the erse to get sent off during the celebration.
    GG

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deano88 View Post
    If I was given the option of being a professional footballer at Hearts or not being a professional football then I would choose Hearts.
    Make loads of money playing for Hearts or minimum wage licking the toilet clean at the local Dysentry clinic. No argument, point me in the direction of the ***** house.

If they came knocking and were the only offer you'd be mad not to go out and do a PROFESSIONAL job.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish View Post
    Make loads of money playing for Hearts or minimum wage licking the toilet clean at the local Dysentry clinic. No argument, point me in the direction of the ***** house.
    Which one?

Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    If they came knocking and were the only offer you'd be mad not to go out and do a PROFESSIONAL job.
    Exactly... So you would tell them to piss off and you'd go looking for a professional job instead.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    I'd sooner stand doon the dole twice a month and get blanked from numerous job applications weekly,than play for that shower of manky bassas .. Fact!

Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    I'd sooner stand doon the dole twice a month and get blanked from numerous job applications weekly,than play for that shower of manky bassas .. Fact!
    What would be the difference between you and Kingston then?

Apart from the fact that his dole money would be quite a bit larger than yours.... 15,000 actually.

Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    Exactly... So you would tell them to piss off and you'd go looking for a professional job instead.
    I'd go and get a move to a bigger team like Dundee or Hamilton.

Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    I'd go and get a move to a bigger team like Dundee or Hamilton.
    There is always an open vacancy at the Leith San Siro.

What would be the difference between you and Kingston then?

Apart from the fact that his dole money would be quite a bit larger than yours.... 15,000 actually.

Mmmm about 75 smelly afro dreadlocks??

Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    Mmmm about 75 smelly afro dreadlocks??

He doesn't look like he's worth a jot right enough...

He must be saving his pennies real hard... It's not easy being on the dole you know.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprouleflyer View Post
    LTYF

Sorry Rory.

But I just couldn't bring myself round to play for that shower of sh**e.

I have a massive hatred towards Hearts as I'm sure you've noticed.

For anyone who comes on this thread and says they would do it just for the money... Keep in mind that their is no guarantee that you would actually get paid.

LTYF

There is always an open vacancy at the Leith San Siro.
    I would like to think when I was growing up they'd have come knocking before
    anybody else but in this hypothetical situation that's not the case

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Ad never sign for they smellie jakie trampy gorgie bassas!!.

A remember Gareth Evans telling me once the best part about playing fitba was getting paid for a job he loves that he'd do for nothing!
    Last edited by HibbyAndy; 09-11-2009 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OstKurve Hibs View Post
    Please tell me where you work, and how I apply. Bare in mind the argument isn't about if you were good enough to be a footballer and Hearts were after you amongst others, it's a decent living (most months) having as enjoyable a job as kicking a ball around with Hearts or your day job. It's a bit of a daft hypothetical argument but as much as we all hate Hearts, I think if any of us turned it down we'd probably regret it when it came round to waking up early doors to do a ***** job which just about pays the bills.

Having said that, I'm slow, unfit, don't score any goals despite playing up-front and can't win a header despite being 6 foot 2, maybe the idea of me playing up-front for Hearts isn't so unrealistic.

LTYF
    Cracking banter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory89 View Post
    Please tell me where you work, and how I apply. Bare in mind the argument isn't about if you were good enough to be a footballer and Hearts were after you amongst others, it's a decent living (most months) having as enjoyable a job as kicking a ball around with Hearts or your day job. It's a bit of a daft hypothetical argument but as much as we all hate Hearts, I think if any of us turned it down we'd probably regret it when it came round to waking up early doors to do a ***** job which just about pays the bills.

Having said that, I'm slow, unfit, don't score any goals despite playing up-front and can't win a header despite being 6 foot 2, maybe the idea of me playing up-front for Hearts isn't so unrealistic.

I think the " In fact, if they paid me I'd happily stand at the top of the Scot Monument with an army jacket and a Hearts scarf belting out "H-E-A-R-T-S" and "One Wallace Mercer"." Statement that you also made when you said you'd happily play for Hearts, makes your bemusement at anyone who stated they wouldnt play all the more laughable ..
    Last edited by Part/Time Supporter; 10-11-2009 at 02:34 PM.

Agent Nade is a Hibby and is going about it the right way.

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    In a second.

Fleece them for 10k a week on a 4 year contract and then leave for a Bosman after noising up the commander-in-chief.

I wouldn't move to Hibs after that though because I'm pretty sh*t and wouldn't want to weaken the team (although at 16st I'm still a bit leaner than Nade) .. probably look for a move to rantic.

I personally think we should all be doing exactly the same.

But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

First Team Breakthrough steve75's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: rowPP
    I would play for hearts, no problem.
    jobs a job, if it was a considerably better offer than elsewhere. Being a fan is one thing, I hate the gimey little club but if I was wanting a career in football, I'd take it anyday. However I'd sooner take a top 1st dividion club than if the offer was about the same.

@hibs.net private member hibsfan7's Avatar

Talking Playing for the enemy

:notworthy:YES IN A MINUTE
    IMAGINE THE SCENE
    SCOTTISH CUP FINAL PLAING FOR HEARTS AGAINST HIBS IT GOES TO PENALTIES SUDEN DEATH HIBS ARE 1 UP
    I TAKE THE PENALTY IF I MISS HIBS WIN THE SCOTTISH CUP

SORTED