hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hogg Solid Today

He gets a bit of stick from time to time, but just finished watching the whole game again, must say Hoggy was immense. Stood up to the long throw onslaught and dealt with everything thrown at him. Nothing fancy, did what he needed to. Murray didn't put a foot wrong either, another clean sheet is a positive.

2. Log in to remove the advert

You are kidding eh? unless you were watchin a different game from me he made so many basic errors in the first half it was frightening,his positioning was gash and only by LUCK they didnae score, one or two good tackles does not mean he had a good game in my book.Mibbe Im wrong?
    Although it is good to see hertz, 2nd bottom, equal.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EllChrisso PSN ID: EllChrisso
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are kidding eh? unless you were watchin a different game from me he made so many basic errors in the first half it was frightening,his positioning was gash and only by LUCK they didnae score, one or two good tackles does not mean he had a good game in my book.Mibbe Im wrong?

EHHHH ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

BULLSH*T

obviously I was watchin a different game

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Naw PSN ID: Naw Wii Code: Naw
    You are smoking too much, sweetie

I thought Hogg and Murray were brilliant today

All defenders make mistakes, our's didnae cost us

Given they're a big physical team and no Bamba today, well done to both Hogg and Murray

He was great in the second half but I was very uncomfortable with the defence earlier. It looked uncertain and clumsy.

Blog Entries
    I thought all 4 defenders stood up well today when I thought we might have missed Bamba.

Only complaint would be too few balls played out from the back through midfield in first half, resorting to humping it up to Nish who couldn't make a stamp stick at the moment

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EllChrisso PSN ID: EllChrisso
    Infact for the thread, to the original post.

Its not often Chris Hogg does get a mention when he deserves one. I thought he was superb today. Never looked under pressure.. Won plenty of headers, and stayed solid all game along with the man beside him Ian Murray.

I think this is one reason we are doing well this season, the fact that we are defending well!

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar

CH was outstanding today so yeah, you must have been watching a different game?

@hibs.net private member
    I'm not a big fan of Hogg's but I thought he had a good game today. Their barrage of long throws, big punts and corners were all dealt with comfortably IMO.

So much better. Not going to go over the top in praise as it's about time he had a decent game, but really good today.

As comfortable a Hibs defensive display, particularly defending crosses, as I've ever seen against Hearts,.

I thought Hogg dealt well with everything thrown his way today. Particularly at the corners and long-throws which just kept on coming.

The defence as a whole were rock solid.

Good game from CH today, not one of his biggest fans but credit where credits due Keep it up.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    It would seem that we were all watching a different game than you today.

I thought Hogg was great today... He's been gradually improving again.

Most of the stick he gets is uncalled for.

It's easy to point to the captain of a team.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Am being deadly serious the whole back four were solid today!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Naw PSN ID: Naw Wii Code: Naw
    I know this sounds pish but.... Hoggy can jump like Cannavaro( not quite but any watcher will get my drift) or a Salmon and he gets punished

I have seen both players punished because they can "jump"

He also seems to get the right side defence if he's in a 3 man defence

Lay off Hoggy IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Ell_Chrisso View Post
    Infact for the thread, to the original post.

Its not often Chris Hogg does get a mention when he deserves one. I thought he was superb today. Never looked under pressure.. Won plenty of headers, and stayed solid all game along with the man beside him Ian Murray.

I think this is one reason we are doing well this season, the fact that we are defending well!
    Cheers for that. Hoggy can be a frustrating player, but I watched closely today, hardly missed a header and cleared his lines time after time. Good to hear I wasn't the only one who noticed! Need that every week now!

Thought Hogg was our most impressive player today. A real captain's performance, despite all the stick he takes for apparently lacking leadership qualities.

Organised those around him well, was brave, won his headers and kept it simple with the ball.

Pass marks also to Murray, Stevenson and Wotherspoon.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Perspective View Post
    Organised those around him well, was brave, won his headers and kept it simple with the ball.

Pass marks also to Murray, Stevenson and Wotherspoon.
    And the keeper.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Hogg was very good today, thats a sentence i never thought i'd say. He needs to play like that every week.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Hogg was very good today, thats a sentence i never thought i'd say. He needs to play like that every week.
    Thought he played really well against Aberdeen last week also. Give me a solid defender over a "flashy" one every day of the week !

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    And the keeper.
    Still not convinced.

Left by mutual consent!
    And the keeper.
    The telly obviously lies.. His phobia of coming for crosses or long throws couldn't have manifested itself accurately.Minute 69..a cross came over and from where I was sitting passed him by less than three feet with no attacker in sight ..He stays on his line and starts shouting at the guy at left back to clear the ball up the left wing, in a very authorative manner:bye ..Near the end he spillsa bread and butter ball,nearly a pen as a result and you think he's had a good game

@hibs.net private member
    Still not convinced.
    It's such a shame that you can't see past this. Your posts are normally really good but you just won't give this guy any credit for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Spain View Post
    The telly obviously lies.. His phobia of coming for crosses or long throws couldn't have manifested itself accurately.Minute 69..a cross came over and from where I was sitting passed him by less than three feet with no attacker in sight ..He stays on his line and starts shouting at the guy at left back to clear the ball up the left wing, in a very authorative manner:bye ..Near the end he spillsa bread and butter ball,nearly a pen as a result and you think he's had a good game
    Was I not at the match? Another clean sheet - that's all that matters, isn't it?

And another "nearly" penalty - if the refs keep getting the decisions right we'll be ok.

@hibs.net private member
    Idont like Hogg as he could not pass water but today he was our MoM. Won all the headers he played very well

It's such a shame that you can't see past this. Your posts are normally really good but you just won't give this guy any credit for some reason.
    I've no axe to grind with Stack and, obviously, as a Hibs fan I want him to do well.

I just don't like the aimless punts, inability to claim crosses or his idiotic behaviour (streaking, winding up oppoistion fans etc).

I realise the latter point might get me grief but I think too often in this country people associate 'character' with people acting like tubes.

Testimonial Due
    credit where credit is due, Hogg had a very good game. He was busy for much of the 90 minutes and was never flustered. OK Nade is no great shakes but he is built like a bus. The fact is the defence could have played for 24 hours and still not lost a goal. Hearts deadball delivery was crap all day. Time and time again they floated the ball in and our defence just dealt with everything .......

@hibs.net private member
    I've no axe to grind with Stack and, obviously, as a Hibs fan I want him to do well.

I just don't like the aimless punts, inability to claim crosses or his idiotic behaviour (streaking, winding up oppoistion fans etc).

I realise the latter point might get me grief but I think too often in this country people associate 'character' with people acting like tubes.
    I saw him claim a cross and also punching another one away today. No doubt they were straight at him or something though...

Eh?

He did excellent at coming for crosses today. Punched at least two of them out and at one point he was so desperate to get to the ball that he ended up heading it clear. Thought Stack had a great game today.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar

Whats Stack done thats been so bad?

He seems fairly confident at claiming crosses and punching them IMO.

His kicking isn't always that great. But I'd much rather see us building from the back than simply hoofing it up the park.