hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Breakthrough GraniteCityHibs's Avatar

Nacho Novo last night

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else:- Is anyone else wondering what the hell Novo was doing in the 88th minute!!!

1-0 up away in Europe and he tries a world-cup cross-field pass that gets cut out and they go up the park and score! Where's the football brain there!???

If this was a Hibs player i'd be absolutely raging!

...as it wasn't a Hibs player and was a Currant Bun i laughed! But as a football spectator and someone who has plays the game (albeit at junior level) I couldn't hold in my thoughts on it! Beyond belief IMO!

Don't know what any of the Huns are saying but it's cost them big time on the night and for the rest of their season, not to mention financially!

Anyway......

Also Kenny Millers miss at 0-0 was typical of the crap he's produced at International level when a goal is really needed!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Groathillgrump's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteCityHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    !

1-0 up away in Europe and he tries a world-cup cross-field pass that gets cut out and they go up the park and score! Where's the football brain there!???

Also Kenny Millers miss at 0-0 was typical of the crap he's produced at International level when a goal is really needed!
    Agree with you on both points. At 88 minutes you'd be wanting your striker to take the ball to the corner flag to run the clock down. Real naivety by Novo.

Miller's miss at 0-0 was truly pathetic and I've seen pass backs hit harder. I bet Boyd would have buried it.

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else:- Is anyone else wondering what the hell Novo was doing in the 88th minute!!!

...as it wasn't a Hibs player and was a Currant Bun i laughed! But as a football spectator and someone who has plays the game (albeit at junior level) I couldn't hold in my thoughts on it! Beyond belief IMO!

Don't know what any of the Huns are saying but it's cost them big time on the night and for the rest of their season, not to mention financially!

Anyway......

Reminded me of David Ginola's similar crazy pass which led to France losing in a must win world cup qualifier. Houllier blamed him in the press and he was never picked again...

Maybe Walter should do the same

Anyway......

Did you see Uncle Walt raging after the game when he was walking accross the park, he was pointing to the place Novo played the cross field ball, you could read his lips, oh he wasn't best pleased...!

First Team Regular
    And Benny Brazil in a cup match against Dundee Utd at Easter Road a few years back

Quote Originally Posted by Groathillgrump View Post
    Agree with you on both points. At 88 minutes you'd be wanting your striker to take the ball to the corner flag to run the clock down. Real naivety by Novo.

Miller's miss at 0-0 was truly pathetic and I've seen pass backs hit harder. I bet Boyd would have buried it.
    Was watching highlights from Millenium Derby, and, watching Miller bury the ball right in the corner, was struck by how he hasn't done that for years. E.g. how many one-on-ones has he missed for Scotland by hitting the ball straight at the keeper ? Short-term, you would say it might be a lack of confidence, but he has been doing this since God-knows-when.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar

Cool

The commentator on sky picked that up right away and pointed the finger. Rightly too, because it was a wonder strike and the only bit that the rangers players could have done better in, was not to give the ball away. For what it is worth, I thought that McGregor was outstanding. He would appear to be one of their biggest assets, so stand by for a cheerio in the January firesale.

as much as i couldnt give a hoot and hate the thought of wasting any of my precious time watching the smeellies in europe, i was curious and turned on the telly. saw kenny miller miss, then when i looked back saw the pass and then the goal. turned the telly off and thought what a fantastic way to watch the huns.

still got the red mark on my upper arm from hitting it..

ha ha huns