BBC Highlights - Hibs 2 Aberdeen 0

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar

bbc sport

The highlights are up on the website

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMcGinn1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Delighted that the commentator mentioned that Ian Murray's challenge was hard but fair.

I see from today's teletext that one of the Aberdeen players is trying to make an issue of it by declaring that IM will be disappointed in himself when he sees the replay. The replay confirms that the ball was won cleanly and the damage to the young Aberdeen player was more than likely caused by the way he fell.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    First one was never a sending off.

He ran into Murrays foot that was stretched out, and Murray went down. Extremely harsh.

The 2nd one of the other hand (The straight red)... I think was spot on. He went for the ball, but missed it completely and the studs went down on McBrides foot... Could have broken his foot.

As for McGhee moaning in the papers thinking Murray should have been sent off..... Utter nonsense,... A fantastic challenge by Murray.

Just relieved to take all 3 points from that game.... Which I think on the balance of play, we deserved.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Naw PSN ID: Naw Wii Code: Naw
    That was a fab Goal from Colin Nish

He was so delighted at scoring and he got the chance to actually kiss the badge knowing this was an important match

I like him

He'll do us a turn in the next few months IMO

Left by mutual consent! God Petrie's Avatar
    Both red cards were justified - he followed through after the ball had gone for the second and the challenge on McBride was a shocker.

@hibs.net private member Sprouleflyer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post

He ran into Murrays foot that was stretched out, and Murray went down. Extremely harsh.

The 2nd one of the other hand (The straight red)... I think was spot on. He went for the ball, but missed it completely and the studs went down on McBrides foot... Could have broken his foot.

As for McGhee moaning in the papers thinking Murray should have been sent off..... Utter nonsense,... A fantastic challenge by Murray.

Just relieved to take all 3 points from that game.... Which I think on the balance of play, we deserved.
    Think with the straight red, he did touch the ball, but his studs were showing and he followed through, think a 2nd yellow should have been the call, still would have been sent off though.

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanduff View Post
    The highlights are up on the website
    Hibs or Hertz?

Mcghee can have no complaints about the Murray challenge, he got the ball fair and square, the guy just fell awkwardly.

First sending off is a bit dubious to me, the 2nd one was deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by dryan View Post
    Both red cards were justified - he followed through after the ball had gone for the second and the challenge on McBride was a shocker.
    Green tinted specs off.

With the first sending off.... there wasn't even a challenge. He simply ran into Murrays leg that was stretched out..... an absolute "nothing".

The second one of the other hand was pretty bad.... although I don't believe it was intentional.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Naw PSN ID: Naw Wii Code: Naw
    I said to my Sis and Susan, yesterday, that I thought Aberdeen were a bunch of "cloggers"

They seemed out to 'damage' our players and thankfully our players are a bit more sharp then them, or there were gonae be more serious injuries

Murray's tackle was fair, however that tackles oan Deeks and McBride are shocking IMO

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Great header by Nish

Agree entirely. Ross's second yellow looks very soft but Maguire's stamp on McBride was worth red (though, now I come to think about it, I complained when Fletcher got sent off against Hearts for exactly the same thing!! )

Murray's challenge was perfectly fair, as far as I can see.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Ian Murray put in a fantastic tackle and for Mcghee and his whinging players to come out and say Ian should have merited a booking was a tad ridiculous...Superb challenge from Murray.

Get a life Mcghee!

Maguire's was well justified, could have gone for the "challenge" on Deek in the first half - I've seen Hibs players sent off for less.

The sheep were a bunch of hammer throwers yesterday and there were more than a few near misses which could have ended in serious injury, McBride was very lucky to walk off the park.

Nothing wrong with Murray's tackle whatsoever, the sheep players and manager should be ashamed at their comments about it. Hope the boy has a quick recovery, just one of those unfortunate incidents where a player falls awkwardly.

Ross was unlucky.

Loved the cheeky wee badge kiss from Nish!

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Green tinted specs off.

With the first sending off.... there wasn't even a challenge. He simply ran into Murrays leg that was stretched out..... an absolute "nothing".

The second one of the other hand was pretty bad.... although I don't believe it was intentional.
    Ross was on a yellow card when he clattered in to the back of Murrays legs. Foolish.

McGuire was on a yellow when he stamped on McBride. Reckless.

Murrays challenge otstanding, clean and fair.

I hope McGhee is 'cringing' when he sees this but I doubt he has the grace to admit he was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Ian Murray put in a fantastic tackle and for Mcghee and his whinging players to come out and say Ian should have merited a red card was utterly ridiculous...Superb challenge from Murray.

Get a life Mcghee!
    Fixed that for you Andy.

Mcghee was whinging in the papers thinking it was a straight red... never mind a booking!

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Ross was on a yellow card when he clattered in to the back of Murrays legs. Foolish.
    Sorry... but was never a second booking... He hardly even moved.

Agree with everything else you say though.

First Team Breakthrough
    Also great to hear the Hibs fans singing theres only one Ian Murray! Mom by a mile, great hibs player

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sorry... but was never a second booking... He hardly even moved.

Agree with everything else you say though.

wee_hibee it is actually illegal to kick the back of your opponents legs. Some refs may have let it go but all I'm saying is it was foolish to do it whilst on a yellow and Ross is experienced enough to know this.

Had a nice feeling of 'Schadenfreude' yesterday whist watching this game and thinking of the game at Pittodrie where Ghatteussi and Nish got sent off. If memory serves Nish got sent off for calling the ref a nasty name which would suggest most of the Aberdeen team and McGhee deserved a sending off yesterday

Seem to also remember Mixu being critical of the Hibs players and not the ref, unlike Mcghee

First Team Breakthrough DaveHFC's Avatar
    The highlights make it look like Stokes had a great game. Wasn't there but been told he was decent.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveHFC View Post
    The highlights make it look like Stokes had a great game. Wasn't there but been told he was decent.
    Decent maybe, great......naw!

Testimonial Due
    Ross could easily have been sent off for the first challenge but felt the the second wasnt a booking. The other red, there's an argument for a straight red, but it was at least a yellow which would have seen him off anyway.

How anyone can say Murray deserved to be penalised is beyond me, pathetic!

Left by mutual consent!
    I love Colin Nish...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    wee_hibee it is actually illegal to kick the back of your opponents legs. Some refs may have let it go but all I'm saying is it was foolish to do it whilst on a yellow and Ross is experienced enough to know this.

Had a nice feeling of 'Schadenfreude' yesterday whist watching this game and thinking of the game at Pittodrie where Ghatteussi and Nish got sent off. If memory serves Nish got sent off for calling the ref a nasty name which would suggest most of the Aberdeen team and McGhee deserved a sending off yesterday

Seem to also remember Mixu being critical of the Hibs players and not the ref, unlike Mcghee
    Ross is moving at speed after the ball has left him. Ian plays the ball off, and Ross just keeps running and takes Ian out from behind. That is Illegal. IMO, with some referees he could well have gone for the late challenge on Deek in the first half.

Maguire's challenge on McBride is a potential ankle-breaker, whether he intended it or not.

Both dismissals were entirely fair, and the Murray tackle on Fyvie is, IMO, a thing of beauty and a joy forever. McGhee needs to shut up and go for a walk in the North Sea.
    Last edited by --------; 01-11-2009 at 06:29 PM.

First Team Breakthrough Frank Moon's Avatar
    Saw it on Alba this afternoon and they had a another camara angle on the Murray challenge. The boy's ankle twisted on the ground. Just one of these things but McGee's comments in the papers today are outragous.

Mcguire had to be at least booked for the final challenge so would have gone off anyway and if you look at Maurice Ross's first challenge on Riordan it was very high and could hae caused damage. Total slaver

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NaeTechnoHibby View Post
    I said to my Sis and Susan, yesterday, that I thought Aberdeen were a bunch of "cloggers"

They seemed out to 'damage' our players and thankfully our players are a bit more sharp then them, or there were gonae be more serious injuries

Murray's tackle was fair, however that tackles oan Deeks and McBride are shocking IMO
    Not so sure about "damage" but I reckon McGhee must have told his players to get in about us and try to knock us off our stride - it backfired to add an extra sour twist to his miserable droopy pus

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Ian Murray put in a fantastic tackle and for Mcghee and his whinging players to come out and say Ian should have merited a booking was a tad ridiculous...Superb challenge from Murray.

Get a life Mcghee!

Have looked at the Murray tackle five times and all I can see is a finely timed tackle !
    If I had made that tackle , as a player, I would have been chuffed to bits.
    There could be a fair bit of debate about the Ross second "yellow" and maybe another ref would have given a second "yellow"/"red" rather than a straight "red" for the foul on McBride

That's football - you win some you lose some , Que Sera Sera

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    Not so sure about "damage" but I reckon McGhee must have told his players to get in about us and try to knock us off our stride - it backfired to add an extra sour twist to his miserable droopy pus

Look at that sour faced git.

http://images.football.co.uk/Dynamic...McGheeNew2.jpg

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post

Check out the highlights at about 3.12-3.15. Ian makes a run up the right, plays the ball past Fyvie, and Fyvie has a fly kick at IM well after the ball had gone.

Whether you're 16 or 36, if you can't take it, don't hand it out.