hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Cash gate - Away end

Heard a sheep ****ger calling into Traynors phone in earlier, moaning about the away end and that they mostly got in 30 mins or so late into the game, anyone know if this was true or why it happened

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heard a sheep ****ger calling into Traynors phone in earlier, moaning about the away end and that they mostly got in 30 mins or so late into the game, anyone know if this was true or why it happened
    dont know, but at the start of the game I remember thinking the support was smaller than they normally bring, and 20 minutes in I looked again and it had doubled.
    were they kept in at the end? if not credit to them all for doing the 90 mins!

Quote Originally Posted by RickyS View Post
    dont know, but at the start of the game I remember thinking the support was smaller than they normally bring, and 20 minutes in I looked again and it had doubled.
    no, the away fans at ER are never kept in. they are allowed out first and barriers are put up on albion terrace, just like when the OF and hearts are playing.

i know of a few dons that didnt get into the ground til half time then were told there wasnt any seats left in the upper tier, so they asked to be moved to lower tier, security boy said no so they stood on the stairs. dont think hibs were prepared for so many away fans.

There was a massive crowd of sheepies waiting outside the south stand at about 2:50pm. Was is seriously only a cash gate for the away fans today? If so then whoever made that decision has lost their marbles.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyS View Post
    I thought the same so I texted a sheep mate from work saying it was a piss poor away support and he texted me back saying there were loads waiting to get in. He gave up in the end.

Blog Entries
    Yup noticed about 25 mins in that a good number were still coming in.

I think given the number of fans they have in east and central belt added to a really nice day meant the cash turnstile idea was over run.

There was only abot 50 seats in total left by half time in area they had been given

Quote Originally Posted by Westie1875 View Post
    There was a massive crowd of sheepies waiting outside the south stand at about 2:50pm. Was is seriously only a cash gate for the away fans today? If so then whoever made that decision has lost their marbles.
    There was an announcement on their website last night stating that there would be a cash gate in operation today.

dunno who decided not to make tickets available before the match for us. In the past it has always been all ticket, or at the very least tickets are sold in the weeks running up to the game before having a cash turnstile.

Pics nicked from a dons site:

3pm:

3:05pm

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 666
    Exactly the same thing happened at the Dundee United match as well. United didn't bring as many fans through as Aberdeen did but when I wandered round at 2.50pm there were big queues at the 2 cash gates that were open and still United fans coming in well after 3.15pm.

was talking to a Dons fan on the train coming home and he told me he got in at 3.20 and there was still about 1000 trying to get in with only 4 turnstiles open. Surely we know they always bring a good crowd so why this?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: hibees Wii Code: 007
    teams run out..

half time pic...

great dons support

@hibs.net private member
    They did have a decent support but it was only 1800. we took double that to Hamilton with Hibs fans coming in when we were two down. But the fact is Hibs should be better organised for away fans.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    They did have a decent support but it was only 1800. we took double that to Hamilton with Hibs fans coming in when we were two down. But the fact is Hibs should be better organised for away fans.
    We certainly do.

There's an impact on the revenue lost but how many of these people will not come back again after being left disappointed today.

The least we could have done was given half price tickets to those who missed a lot of the match.

Was the issue that they wouldn't open another part of the stand or that they couldn't get into their allocated area quick enough. It would seem that they had more than anticipated and couldn't get in but I'm not sure if that's right.

My father a British Transport Police officer, text me asking me the score as he was on the train with 30 of the ASC who had been kicked out early... that might help...

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glasgow sheep View Post
    dunno who decided not to make tickets available before the match for us. In the past it has always been all ticket, or at the very least tickets are sold in the weeks running up to the game before having a cash turnstile.

Pics nicked from a dons site:

3pm:

3:05pm

This is just not on...If it had been the OF, would the local plod have delayed KO yes is my quess, this should have been sorted at the time as the polis would have seen what was happening. I think there is a few people on the ground who could have done something and never Not good enough, could do better.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    That's really bad from the club, Aberdeen always bring a good support and I thought they were usually all ticket? Bad patter from us apart from it being unfair on the away support we'll lose good money from anyone giving up an leaving.

@hibs.net private member Hibby_Paul's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Piss poor from Hibs - they should have guessed Dons would brought a decent support. Even if not, better been safer and having extra turnstyles ready...

Also dont know why they couldnt move the hibs fan behind goal more to the left and let more dons in?

Feel for the fans as Ive been caught out like that at Tannadice twice (always a farce there)

Also in such circumstances dont think they should be asked to pay full whack - dont think its fair in paying over £20 to see 10 mins of the first half when it was the home team that ****ed up. Appreciate my club would lose out but just doesnt seem right.

Dons fans - should email or write to hibs through your fans groups as they are usually good at taking things on board. Not that anything will be done now but might help for future.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby_Paul View Post
    Piss poor from Hibs - they should have guessed Dons would brought a decent support. Even if not, better been safer and having extra turnstyles ready...

Also dont know why they couldnt move the hibs fan behind goal more to the left and let more dons in?

Feel for the fans as Ive been caught out like that at Tannadice twice (always a farce there)

Also in such circumstances dont think they should be asked to pay full whack - dont think its fair in paying over £20 to see 10 mins of the first half when it was the home team that ****ed up. Appreciate my club would lose out but just doesnt seem right.

Dons fans - should email or write to hibs through your fans groups as they are usually good at taking things on board. Not that anything will be done now but might help for future.
    Why should they move hibs fans from their seats just to accommodate Aberdeen fans, they paid for their seats so they are entitled to stay put ..

Yes there was a cock up somewhere & hopefully hibs will have learned a lesson from this...simple solution next time would be to make the Aberdeen's allocation all ticket so they know exactly how many will be there ..

Thats why all ticket is better, much easier for all involved. Nae ****ing about with change etc, give your ticket over then away you go.

I've been in worse situations in recent years with hibs at dundee utd, dunfi and hamilton.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    Why should they move hibs fans from their seats just to accommodate Aberdeen fans, they paid for their seats so they are entitled to stay put ..

Yes there was a cock up somewhere & hopefully hibs will have learned a lesson from this...simple solution next time would be to make the Aberdeen's allocation all ticket so they know exactly how many will be there ..
    Personally disagree and South is pay at gate supports I think for us so hardly a hassle asking them all to move along 10-15 rows? Its not like our section in the south was 'jam packed'.

If it were us at Pittodrie id hope they would do that to let more fans in (ok maybe not feasible cause they have a fence but you catch my drift). Scottish football needs as much punters through the doors each week - home and away - and such farces dont help.
    We'd all be having the same moans the sheep are having.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I cant understand what went wrong. Was it not enough turnstyles, or fans turning up late?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby_Paul View Post
    Personally disagree and South is pay at gate supports I think for us so hardly a hassle asking them all to move along 10-15 rows? Its not like our section in the south was 'jam packed'.

If it were us at Pittodrie id hope they would do that to let more fans in (ok maybe not feasible cause they have a fence but you catch my drift). Scottish football needs as much punters through the doors each week - home and away - and such farces dont help.
    We'd all be having the same moans the sheep are having.
    There is season ticket holders in the South too..we had seats there last year, folk would prob have been pissed off if they were asked to move 10-15 rows, i would have been ..much the same if the same request was made in the West etc ...

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I cant understand what went wrong. Was it not enough turnstyles, or fans turning up late?
    Prob a combination of that plus a larger than expected Aberdeen support ..

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 666
    There is season ticket holders in the South too..we had seats there last year, folk would prob have been pissed off if they were asked to move 10-15 rows, i would have been ..much the same if the same request was made in the West etc ...
    Slightly off topic and just out of interest, what happens when you have a season ticket for the South and its a Smeltc or Rankgers game?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Prob a combination of that plus a larger than expected Aberdeen support ..
    It was not that big a support though. It was only 1800? Going by the pictures, it looks like there were only 2 gates that were open. That does not seem enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ArabHibee View Post
    Slightly off topic and just out of interest, what happens when you have a season ticket for the South and its a Smeltc or Rankgers game?
    Our season tickets didnt cover that category, when we did purchase tickets for the old firm/hearts etc we were re-located to the leather seats in the FF ..

Blog Entries
    Never realised we had season tickets there....thought was odd with rangers games etc but can see it does work with being relocated to another stand like you said.

I still maintain that our bit of the south stand was in no way full and there is a 'common sense' argument for letting more fans in - and more £ for hibs each time. However , can understand you would have more of a right to feel hacked off being asked to move from your season ticket seat.

@hibs.net private member Sprouleflyer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    It was not that big a support though. It was only 1800? Going by the pictures, it looks like there were only 2 gates that were open. That does not seem enough.
    4 gates open, 2 for the bottom tier and 2 for the top tier. There are another 4 at the south end but the side where the hibs fans come in (same as the FF)

I think the issue here has been large number of fans turning up 15 mins before kick off and all paying cash, which slows the footfall through the gates compared to tickets.

I really hope that if Hibs ever get round to building the East stand that they do what hearts have done and connect the East up to the South so the Hibs fans can get to that stand via the East turnstiles, leaving all 8 turnstiles at the South for away fans.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Why was the kick off not delayed for say 15mins? Would such a decision be the responsibilty of the ref, the police or the clubs I wonder?

Let's face it, we'd all be bloody annoyed if we'd travelled up to Aberdeen only to find similar circumstances.

Not good enough Hibs ------- get it sorted.