Blog Entries

Bamba says Blackburn are in for him

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster18 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fair play to him. Good that he points out that he is happy at Hibs but I don't think anyone can grudge him his ambitions. I actually don't think he's ready for the Premiership yet, but he will get there sooner rather than later.

Hopefully we'll keep him til the summer at least.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Testimonial Due
    Samba has made 40 appearances for Hibs since joining from Dunfermline Athletic last year and is under contract at Easter Road until 2011.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    He can leave at the end of the season for a nice fat fee after impressing in the WC hopefully. Bidding to start at £1.5m if he plays and Ivory Coast do well.

Bamba should keep his mouth shut about stuff like this. Last time it was Liverpool now its Blackburn, forget about it and focus on Hibs.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hanny0762
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    Fair play to him. Good that he points out that he is happy at Hibs but I don't think anyone can grudge him his ambitions. I actually don't think he's ready for the Premiership yet, but he will get there sooner rather than later.

Hopefully we'll keep him til the summer at least.

He knows he can play at a higher level, but he realises that it's only going to happen if he continues to perform for Hibs.

We shouldn't have a problem with good players using the SPL as a springboard as long as they give 100% when they're here.

I think he should keep the puss shut until he has done something impressive with Hibs i.e Won something.

Samba and Bamba at the back

Left by mutual consent!

Bamba talking up a move to Blackburn

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think he's talkin p1sh again

Methinks Bamba has a wee bit of an ego.

I hope Rodders can see the benefit of keeping him until after the World Cup.

The OP should read 'Bamba says Blackburn were in for him'.

No big deal. He's on a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Methinks Bamba has a wee bit of an ego.

I hope Rodders can see the benefit of keeping him until after the World Cup.
    Do you really think that won't have crossed his mind? It's thanks to him we're in the position we are. He will know exactly what he's doing.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    i dont begrudge bamba aiming to play in the premiership at all, he could be acting like thomson by greetin to the papers about how horrible hibs are and whoring himself to the old firm. I have no problems at all with signing bamba for a modest fee him proving his quality and working hard for hibs for two seasons then leaving for a decent fee to the EPL but i think our best option would be to keep the big man until the summer and get barr in january to cover while sol is at the ANC.

I think he's got what it takes to play in the Premiership. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he ended up at a bigger club than any of the other players we've flogged. He needs to improve a lot but you can see he has the attributes. He needs to cut out giving away stupid free kicks and concentrate more in possession, his passing can be woeful at times.

Hopefully with the big clubs watching him and a world cup at the end of the season he has the best possible motivation to consistently put in big performances. Its potentially a career defining season for him.

I don't think Hibs would sell him in January, unless the offer was crazy. It'll be dealt with like we dealt with Broony, although hopefully Bamba can be a bit more dignified.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Don't get some of the negative comments on this thread.

He's being open and honest. And thats something I respect from a player.

He stated he was supposed to be moving to Blackburn, but didn't due to international duty. But he also states that he's quite happy being at Hibs.

When he does move down south (which I expect will be soon) I wish him all the best. He's done a fantastic job at Hibs. I can't fault the guy for his performances or his comments.

I can see us getting a fairly decent fee for big Sol & think he will make a name for himself down there.

First Team Breakthrough Harpandcastle's Avatar
    I would not be surprised if there was truth in this, he strolled through the pre season game against them and I would imagine they would have kept tabs on him since.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    i dont begrudge bamba aiming to play in the premiership at all, he could be acting like thomson by greetin to the papers about how horrible hibs are and whoring himself to the old firm. I have no problems at all with signing bamba for a modest fee him proving his quality and working hard for hibs for two seasons then leaving for a decent fee to the EPL but i think our best option would be to keep the big man until the summer and get barr in january to cover while sol is at the ANC.

If Barr comes in,he wont be needed back as Barr can defend and play.

Bamba has been decent 1 on 1 like v Kyle,but regarding clever sharp strikers he will be ****ed.

look bamba mate, first of all you are not premiership class, secondly stop taking the piss by stating premiership clubs are in for you. i for one woul dlove to see you leave to free up funds for a central defender who can pass the ball, head the ball and tackle without fearing a card. darren barr any day please...

Quote Originally Posted by 7Hero View Post
    look bamba mate, first of all you are not premiership class, secondly stop taking the piss by stating premiership clubs are in for you. i for one woul dlove to see you leave to free up funds for a central defender who can pass the ball, head the ball and tackle without fearing a card. darren barr any day please...

Aye... Thats right.

Blackburn aren't in for him, he just felt like making it up.

Bamba is heading for the EPL and he's going to do well there.

Love the new smiley by the way! :notworthy:

Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post

Aye... Thats right.

Blackburn aren't in for him, he just felt like making it up.

Bamba is heading for the EPL and he's going to do well there.

Love the new smiley by the way! :notworthy:

hes making it up, dont worry wee man, one day you will work it out.. lol

and enough of the yawns and the bye bye smileys... they dont mean ****..

hes making it up, dont worry wee man, one day you will work it out.. lol

and enough of the yawns and the bye bye smileys... they dont mean ****..
    Is that you in your avatar?

It would seem so.

Left by mutual consent!
    Sniff sniff

I must say I still amn't fully convinced bamba is of SPL quality let alone EPL...

Hopefully proves me wrong tomorrow though

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I said at the start of this season, Bamba would play in the EPL. Some people laughed when i said we should make the most of him while we have him. He will play in the premiership, whether its Blackburn or someone else. FFS Liverpool signed that huddy that used to play for the huns, Kyriagos (sp)

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I said at the start of this season, Bamba would play in the EPL. Some people laughed when i said we should make the most of him while we have him. He will play in the premiership, whether its Blackburn or someone else. FFS Liverpool signed that huddy that used to play for the huns, Kyriagos (sp)

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brydekirk View Post
    I will bring this thread back up next summer.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Did mention that Bamba was down at Blackburn at the last transfer window having a look round the club, the night wee played Brechin.
    I think Bamba could do okay in the Premiership, but if he were to be sold this window coming then Rod will get us the going rate for him, and could give Yogi some money to spend in January on a couple of defenders that Hibs badly need.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Did mention that Bamba was down at Blackburn at the last transfer window having a look round the club, the night wee played Brechin.
    I think Bamba could do okay in the Premiership, but if he were to be sold this window coming then Rod will get us the going rate for him, and could give Yogi some money to spend in January on a couple of defenders that Hibs badly need.
    I will be surprised if he moves in January as he will be away for a month in the African Cup of Nations.

Maybe Hibs need to sign a replacement in the window to provide cover for January and then sell Bamba after the World Cup.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    He can leave at the end of the season for a nice fat fee after impressing in the WC hopefully. Bidding to start at £1.5m if he plays and Ivory Coast do well.
    I think football wise he'd be better hanging on at Hibs for another season after this one and learning the lessons that regular football will bring him - that said I wouldn't blame him if his head was turned by some of the oversized cheques being waved about down south.
    From the quotes in the article Sol doesn't want the grass to grow under his feet - well if I were Rod P I'd be telling Sol to cool his jets cos he won't be going anywhere until he's at least played for his country in the WC - that would maximise his transfer value to Hibs as well as ensuring we could still enjoy his talents and contribution til the end of the season.