hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar

Hibees Re-united - Over to ourselves now to deliver

2. Log in to remove the advert

I was just about to post something on that, as I've just read the article.

That's a great idea

I'm one of the supporters that hasn't been recently, in fact, not once this season (yet). So which one of you is going to 'bring me along' to the game? We can share a taxi from my house, if you want...

p.s. I'm coming over for the game this weekend, who's buying me a pint?

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm in that picture
    Well , my jumper is
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Why is Casper on the banner? I can understand Yogi Bear but not Casper.

hibs.net is right behind this folks. Let's get those lapsed Hibees back at the matches by any means. You can pay them in, drag them along and make them pay themselves or smuggle them in under your jumper

The football's good and it's worth watching. They'll like what they see and come back for more.

The target match is Falkirk on 28th November.

@hibs.net private member aljo7-0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    hibs.net is right behind this folks. Let's get those lapsed Hibees back at the matches by any means. You can pay them in, drag them along and make them pay themselves or smuggle them in under your jumper

The football's good and it's worth watching. They'll like what they see and come back for more.

That's a Hibs Kids game too so the crowd should be slightly higher anyway as the non season ticket Hibs kids can get in for free and those with season tickets can bring a friend.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aljo7-0 View Post
    That's a Hibs Kids game too so the crowd should be slightly higher anyway as the non season ticket Hibs kids can get in for free and those with season tickets can bring a friend.
    Another good rally call and reason for folks to attend!

Admins - any chance of a sticky?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    This is great! There was a thread about this a wee while ago and it's great to see that something's actually come out of it - a massive well done to all those involved in turning those ideas into action.

With a little bit of effort from all of us this campaign can be a real success with lasting benefits to the club.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post

Have tae be that option for me The first one is out because I dinnae like anyone enough tae spend 22 quid on them and I'm a miserable git and the third one is out because there's hardly enough room under my jumper for me
    Last edited by Saorsa; 29-10-2009 at 02:30 PM.

Obviously watching hibs is incentive enough, but is there any other incentives (discounted entry, free programme, etc) for this match or just a case of encouraging you to bring.a mate along?

Sorry if I've missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by bob12345 View Post
    Obviously watching hibs is incentive enough, but is there any other incentives (discounted entry, free programme, etc) for this match or just a case of encouraging you to bring.a mate along?

Sorry if I've missed it.
    This ALL about encouraging people to bring along a mate. It has been suggested and organised by fans, not the club.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by aljo7-0 View Post
    With it being a Hibs Kids game, and you're bringing your kid - rope in a relative or two to share the day.

Ideally, we'll see the ground full against Falkirk.

The way I look at it, is if we have a limited number of home games until the end of the January window, if we can pack out Easter Road until then, it gives the board some room to back Yogi strengthening the side to secure third spot at least.

If you can make it, please, please go - this is an ideal opportunity for the fans to recognise the efforts of the club and make a tangible difference to how our season goes.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent!
    It would be nice to see Hibs supporting this initiative in some tangible way.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    It would be nice to see Hibs supporting this initiative in some tangible way.
    They have..they have supported Yogi & given him funds to build this exciting team...its up to us to support Yogi & the boys ..

Quote Originally Posted by bob12345 View Post

Sorry if I've missed it.

Queue the loads o’ posts about season ticket holders being upset because they’ve already paid etc. etc.

They could have a downloadable programme??? They wouldn’t loose too much from not selling so many at the ground, a chance for the club to say how wonderful they are to more people. A chance for our overseas friends to feel an even greater part of the Hibee family and maybe sign up for HI, surely its not just about bums on seats. Maybe that could be part of a future enhanced/more expensive HI.

I’ve just thought that by selling more advertising space in the downloadable programme they might not loose anything at all!
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

They could have a downloadable programme??? They wouldn’t loose too much from not selling so many at the ground, a chance for the club to say how wonderful they are to more people. A chance for our overseas friends to feel an even greater part of the Hibee family and maybe sign up for HI, surely its not just about bums on seats. Maybe that could be part of a future enhanced/more expensive HI.

That though could be seen as pandering to those who chose not to attend games for whatever reason ..

The thing is Jack ..as has already been stated, its not about what the club can give ..its about what we....us the fans can give, lets do our bit first....

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    That though could be seen as pandering to those who chose not to attend games for whatever reason ..

The thing is Jack ..as has already been stated, its not about what the club can give ..its about what we....us the fans can give, lets do our bit first....
    i agree and I've already pestered a lapsed season ticket holder to renew! Just thinking of other ways the match(es) could be advertised/hyped.

coming up from annan for the game. where should i sit ?. people i speak to tell me the east has lost its voice and the west north upper is the place to go. any advice welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    i agree and I've already pestered a lapsed season ticket holder to renew! Just thinking of other ways the match(es) could be advertised/hyped.
    As have i Jack, it is very early doors but i would assume providing we start turning up in numbers then the board may give more money to Yogi for strengthening the squad further ..from now until Jan we have four more home games, the game v Aberdeen may come too soon however we have to target the games v Falkirk ..Motherwell ..Rangers & on Jan the 2nd Hearts ..full houses or near as damn it will go along way in securing much needed funds & building on what we have....

Quote Originally Posted by brydekirk View Post
    coming up from annan for the game. where should i sit ?. people i speak to tell me the east has lost its voice and the west north upper is the place to go. any advice welcome.
    Anywhere & if you wanna sing then sing ...

Ps..im going tae the East for a wee change on Sat ..

Hmmm what about buy two get one free for class B games. Incentive for those who can't commit to season tickets to keep coming.

Or some sort of discount vouchers book for the club store?

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    This is a great idea, it could be worth trying for the Falkirk and Motherwell games that the club reduces the price for advance sales to £15 for an adult and £5 for a child. It wouldnt affect season ticket holders too much. If we get people into the habit it might increase our half season ticket sales. Another option could be selling a four match package i.e Falkirk,Motherwell,Rangers and Hearts for £80(adults) and £30 for kids.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by hibbybri View Post
    This is a great idea, it could be worth trying for the Falkirk and Motherwell games that the club reduces the price for advance sales to £15 for an adult and £5 for a child. It wouldnt affect season ticket holders too much. If we get people into the habit it might increase our half season ticket sales. Another option could be selling a four match package i.e Falkirk,Motherwell,Rangers and Hearts for £80(adults) and £30 for kids.
    These are good ideas, but I would say that this initiative has been launched by fans without any instigation from the club, so it might be unlikely that they will drop prices for a campaign that they have nothing to do with.

The point of the campaign is to get people paying into Easter Road to give Yogi a helping hand in the January window (or maybe to keep a player or two longer).

The way I look at it, is we are losing out on income because we're out of the CIS, if we can make that up over the season and enjoy a run in the Scottish and get a good league position, then Yogi is very well placed to outspend most of the SPL next season.

The hibees reunited campaign, as far as I can see, is about what the fans are doing, rather than getting Hibs to push things on.

There is now a Facebook page up and running for this. Check it out HERE.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Testimonial Due RoslinInstHibby's Avatar
    superb stuff!

instead of just 2 of us going managed to get another 3 to come to the game!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by hwuhibby View Post
    superb stuff!

instead of just 2 of us going managed to get another 3 to come to the game!

Brilliant stuff!

Brilliant initiative - well done Hibs fans

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    Have tae be that option for me The first one is out because I dinnae like anyone enough tae spend 22 quid on them and I'm a miserable git and the third one is out because there's hardly enough room under my jumper for me

Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    These are good ideas, but I would say that this initiative has been launched by fans without any instigation from the club, so it might be unlikely that they will drop prices for a campaign that they have nothing to do with.

The point of the campaign is to get people paying into Easter Road to give Yogi a helping hand in the January window (or maybe to keep a player or two longer).

The way I look at it, is we are losing out on income because we're out of the CIS, if we can make that up over the season and enjoy a run in the Scottish and get a good league position, then Yogi is very well placed to outspend most of the SPL next season.

The hibees reunited campaign, as far as I can see, is about what the fans are doing, rather than getting Hibs to push things on.
    It is a supporter-led initiative to get folks back to the match. It could be argued there's something to be learned from trying to attract folks back at the same price. Hopefully we'll also get feedback from those that did attend/couldn't attend/wouldn't attend to learn more and may also see whether its purely about price.

As a slight aside I also like Yogi's acknowledgement of the initiative and the economic circumstances - lets hope there's a few a good starts to the week to be had at ER!

As McFly say "Its all about you" - so let's see what the wider response is throughout the Hibernian community.