hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar

Pubs that showed the game?

OK, we all know it's not permited to post links to foriegn streams or name pubs showing the match before the game. However, surely it cant be a problem to let everyone know where you watched the game today, after the event.

So anyone able to tell us which pubs showed today's game? Might be worth remembering for next time we play in the Weedge.

I'll start......The Cameo down the Shore had it on.

Admins - please delete this if it's not allowed.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    I watched it in The Vittoria restaurant in Leith Walk showed it.. I think The 4 in Hand had it on as well..

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    In the castle, central drive Blackpool.

I watched it on the net

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    I was at home in Iraq today

Promising Youngster

match on in

i have reason to belive the TOR had it today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Left by mutual consent!
    You're potentially going to **** these places up for the next time if you post them on here....

its now not illegal to show games. was in footlights. about 100 hibs fans in there. good atmosphetre.

Yep, went to Iraq wi ma backup girlfriend Nkora and ma mate Justin and ended up at the live-footy doctor

Quote Originally Posted by orourke View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i have reason to belive the TOR had it today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    be quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Woody1985 View Post
    You're potentially going to **** these places up for the next time if you post them on here....
    I dont think so, down here all the pubs have it. Some have even taken full page adverts advertising the live saturday games in the local papers. I think sky have a problem.

Aye..its a bit like the "Wheres the early Sunday openings" threads ..then the Police raid them ..we dont know who is watching this site..

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I dont think so, down here all the pubs have it. Some have even taken full page adverts advertising the live saturday games in the local papers. I think sky have a problem.

i don't think sky have the problem. the main financial downside will be felt in the lower leagues where fans can now watch their beloved glesga sides at home as well as the espn away games. this will take some fans away from the lower leagues at 3pm on a sat

Is it really worth the risk though ..?..i bet a few of the Publicans/Licencee's wont be too happy with their pub names being plastered over a website ..

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    Is it really worth the risk though ..?..i bet a few of the Publicans/Licencee's wont be too happy with their pub names being plastered over a website ..
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...ns-473815.html

Aye..he paid for the service ..there are many pubs who dont & wont pay therefore still show illegal links ..

These pubs that have this (dodgy) system in, obviously want people to come in and watch what they are showing. Word of mouth, internet sites like this, whatever it is, the police will find out, these pubs are hardly keeping it a secret. I have no idea if this court case http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...ns-473815.html will allow this to become legal, but if the pubs are willing to show it, then they must be willing to take the chance of the authorities finding out about it, and someone talking about it on here, will make no difference imho at all.

Aye..he paid for the service ..there are many pubs who dont & wont pay therefore still show illegal links ..
    Well thats different, and if they get caught its just hard luck, but as i have since said, they are hardly keeping it a secret, and again imho word of mouth or internet, the authorities will find out.

I tried to watch it on the net but found it very frustrating as the streaming was diabolical. The picture kept freezing every 10 seconds, the action at times was about 10 minutes delayed from real time and I totally missed large chunks of the game. Still it was being beamed from Iraq so I shouldn't complain!

The first half of the Iraqi game was pretty choppy. Did we not have a war over there to sort things like this out?

Petrie!

Quote Originally Posted by Supermac View Post
    I tried to watch it on the net but found it very frustrating as the streaming was diabolical. The picture kept freezing every 10 seconds, the action at times was about 10 minutes delayed from real time and I totally missed large chunks of the game. Still it was being beamed from Iraq so I shouldn't complain!
    The radio turned out to be the better option.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli_619 View Post
    The first half of the Iraqi game was pretty choppy. Did we not have a war over there to sort things like this out?

Petrie!
    First half was shi'ite. Was introducing my grandad to webgames, he wasn't impressed that the BBC radio was 10-15 seconds before the picture.

Still, second half was good.

How do the pubs get consistent feeds without it ****ing up?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermac View Post
    You were watching the wrong one. I noticed the one you were on about and managed to get one with a 10 second delay.

Quote Originally Posted by brydekirk View Post
    be quiet
    Aye..its a bit like the "Wheres the early Sunday openings" threads ..then the Police raid them ..we dont know who is watching this site..
    Good that these places had them on.If they are gonny keep them on SHUT UP about it.Careless talk costs Licences.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    Just a thought, but maybe english law n Scottish law are different?

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lEXO View Post
    Good that these places had them on.If they are gonny keep them on SHUT UP about it.Careless talk costs Licences.
    Nobody is going to lose their licence. Yes, there is the possibility of a fine but that is the risk individuals and companies take to increase their turnover.

I recently ran a pub for Belhaven that had several foriegn systems (as many of their pubs do). We showed SPL and Premiership games every Saturday and we advertised the fact both internally and externally. We still paid Sky thousands of pounds for the full pub package which seemed to keep them at bay. They will only come after pubs that use Polsat, Diema, Al Jazeera etc INSTEAD OF Sky.

watched it at my Sons and although not a great feed compared to telly it was totally watchable.
    All we need to do is figure out how to stream it from his Lap Top to the Telly.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Surely the real point is why the **** that game wasn't on SKY or ESPN in the first place, when the alternative chosen was the glamour game of Hamilton Accies v Celtic?

The SPL and the broadcasters really need to look at their selection policies.

edit: obviously the same sort of thing applies to Celtic v Hearts, Rangers v Aberdeen, etc. They could show Hamilton Accies later in the season if/when they are involved in a relegation battle, or against Motherwell I suppose.
    Last edited by Part/Time Supporter; 25-10-2009 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    Surely the real point is why the **** that game wasn't on SKY or ESPN in the first place, when the alternative chosen was the glamour game of Hamilton Accies v Celtic?

The SPL and the broadcasters really need to look at their selection policies.
    Because SKY, sorry, ESPN pander to the whims of the OF. They are not going to show a game from Ibrox or Parkhead unless they are playing each other. The whole package is just set up to cater for OF fans who don't travel to away matches. If they were to show OF home games that would hit their attendances and that just would not do at all!