hibs.net Messageboard

Scotland Under 17s Tonight

For those who are interested, Scotland's Under-17 team play against Cyprus at East End Park tonight (7.30pm kick-off, £5 adults, £2 kids).

The game is the first in the qualification process for the Under-17 European Championship Finals which take place in May 2010 in Liechenstein.

No Hibees in the squad unfortunately, but the squad does include Celtic's Islam Feruz, the first player to be selected in a Scotland squad who qualifies under the recently changed "5-years of schooling" rule.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For those who are interested, Scotland's Under-17 team play against Cyprus at East End Park tonight (7.30pm kick-off, £5 adults, £2 kids).

The game is the first in the qualification process for the Under-17 European Championship Finals which take place in May 2010 in Liechenstein.

No Hibees in the squad unfortunately, but the squad does include Celtic's Islam Feruz, the first player to be selected in a Scotland squad who qualifies under the recently changed "5-years of schooling" rule.

Allegedly he is absolutely brilliant?

First team breakthrough HIBERNIAN 1875's Avatar
    Played against him last season, he is outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Allegedly he is absolutely brilliant?
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN 1875 View Post
    Played against him last season, he is outstanding.
    The suggestion from people I've spoken to is that he was the main reason behind Gordon Smith driving through the rule change with the other "Home" nations and UEFA/FIFA.

I don't want to re-open this debate which has already been done to death on other threads but I'm told he's been here since age 11 and considers himself Scottish. Good enough for me.

The suggestion from people I've spoken to is that he was the main reason behind Gordon Smith driving through the rule change with the other "Home" nations and UEFA/FIFA.

I don't want to re-open this debate which has already been done to death on other threads but I'm told he's been here since age 11 and considers himself Scottish. Good enough for me.

Aye good enough for me as well, hope the boys is that good and makes it!

Should really move to the cabbage youth team...

@hibs.net private member fordie2's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: fordie2

I thought he was only 14? Think he's been here for 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by fordie2 View Post
    I thought he was only 14? Think he's been here for 11 years?
    He is, must be some player if he can handle playing at that level...

Moved here when he was 7

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Aye good enough for me as well, hope the boys is that good and makes it!

Should really move to the cabbage youth team...
    In all seriousness, the Hibees youth coaches or whoever is responsible, should be looking at 'enticing' this laddie away from them.
    In the same way that they can steal our first team players (e.g. £4.5m for Broonaldo, now that's a steal ) the reputation Hibernian has for treating youngsters extremely well and then giving them their chance in the first team, has to be a big pull to any young lad.
    Unfortunately, this laddie seems to be so good that he will probably be one of the few who do make Celtc breakthrough, in about 10 years time , but the principle should be there for use for others.

I noticed the Dons had a 16 year old boy in their team against the Yams and I think this will be the way ahead for more and more teams now, so we might find ourselves competing harder for the good young guys. East Mains will be a BIG plus in our favour though.

Back on topic, good luck to the young Scots tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnsie07 View Post
    In all seriousness, the Hibees youth coaches or whoever is responsible, should be looking at 'enticing' this laddie away from them.
    In the same way that they can steal our first team players (e.g. £4.5m for Broonaldo, now that's a steal ) the reputation Hibernian has for treating youngsters extremely well and then giving them their chance in the first team, has to be a big pull to any young lad.
    Unfortunately, this laddie seems to be so good that he will probably be one of the few who do make Celtc breakthrough, in about 10 years time , but the principle should be there for use for others.

I noticed the Dons had a 16 year old boy in their team against the Yams and I think this will be the way ahead for more and more teams now, so we might find ourselves competing harder for the good young guys. East Mains will be a BIG plus in our favour though.

Back on topic, good luck to the young Scots tonight.

From what I hear if he doesnt make it then something will have gone wrong! I just fear he maybe hyped up too much like all weegie "superstars" but good luck to the laddie and good luck to the young lads tonight!

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    Quote Originally Posted by H18SVG View Post
    1 - 1 so far, 5 minutes to go

1 - 2

How did the young Sellick lad get on? any idea?
    Hibernian Football Club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HFC_1875 View Post
    How did the young Sellick lad get on? any idea?
    I just saw a clip on Sky. He came on as sub & laid on our goal with a brilliant run. However he's tiny, think of a small Jamie McCluskey . Hopefully however he'll develop physically & as a footballer.
    That said, I believe Hibs continue to be under represented at all under age levels from U-21 down, so what's new huh!

Scotland lost 1-2 to two late goals which was a massive disappointment. Really need to win our next two games against Georgia and Portugal to qualify for the Elite stage, the first of which is against Georgia on Thursday night.

Portugal beat Georgia 2-0 last night.