hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Targets for January

Although Hibs are doing very well in the league , Yogi has stated that we are only 75% of where he wants be.

Does anyone know of any prospective targets ( Darren Barr aside) who Hibs are looking at or have lined up ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Brooooooonaldo

have heard nish off to scunthorpe and kevin kyle in!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The rumour down here is Nish to blackpool. One of the donkeys is seriously ill.

Sol Cambell

.......well, we are the big club in the toon now

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    The rumour down here is Nish to blackpool. One of the donkeys is seriously ill.

Would be happy to see Kyle come in, as he would be another option for us! However, think he'd only be brought in if Benji left, and i'd love to see him stay!

BH.

would love to see hibs hold on to the squad that we have for the season and add at the weaker positions. only 2 points behind from a possible 24 is a great start.

I do think the main focus of any purchases should be defence, I'd like to use wotherspoon in midfield again, so if we could free him up, also get another CH and possibly a GK if a really good one pops up. Still a bit unconvinced about stack, but I suspect we probably won't get another goalie.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bboy View Post
    IMO I would be very disappointed if Nish left. He is a different tallent from the other striking options we have. Thought he played well from his introduction late on yesterday.

Kyle is not a good replacement option. Less than impressed with his performance and attitude yesterday.

We need a keeper and another CH. I would take Brown from Killie. Had a good game yesterday and I have always been a fan.

Glory glory

Two energetic full-backs and I'd be happy with what we have, in addition to getting Benji to sign a new contract.

Thought Kyle gave as good as he got with Bamba yesterday and there was certainly no ill-feeling between the two. It wasn't his best game yesterday but he'd be a great focal point for a three-man attack.

A centre half and a right back would be my choice if we are to strengthen. Wotherspoon wouild not make the midfield at this moment imho. He would not replace Zemamma, McBride or Miller. And i cant see him taking Deeks place. He is doing well, although not a natural right back he has done well there, yesterday was not his best game, and was bullied a little, and caught the wrong side of his man a few times too.

I dont want him to go the same way as Stevenson, i dont want him burn out. A new central defender is a must, Hogg will never be up to the job imho, and with Bamba away for most of January, we are well short of quality there.

A player i admire greatly & for what i saw yesterday he was immense ..Jody Morris of St Johnstone ....another midfielder i know & prob well off Yogi's radar..just thought he merited a mention though ..

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    Thought he played well from his introduction late on yesterday.

Glory glory
    I think we were crying out for someone like Nish to stab in the chances yesterday.

I'd like like to see Barr come in, and McCann and Stevenson go out on loan to a lower SPL or higher Div1 team for some competetive football reguarly.

I think the squad is good and a big centre half with a bit of quality about him would be my priority.

Big Sol (Bamba) is away for 4 weeks on ACN duty, which is a huge concern - especially as it's over the Xmas/New Year period when the games come thick and fast.

So we need another decent CH - and a RB if we can find one. A bit more experience in the back four could make all the difference, I'd rather we didn't 'burn-out' Wotherspoon.

A centre half and a right back would be my choice if we are to strengthen. Wotherspoon wouild not make the midfield at this moment imho. He would not replace Zemamma, McBride or Miller. And i cant see him taking Deeks place. He is doing well, although not a natural right back he has done well there, yesterday was not his best game, and was bullied a little, and caught the wrong side of his man a few times too.

I dont want him to go the same way as Stevenson, i dont want him burn out. A new central defender is a must, Hogg will never be up to the job imho, and with Bamba away for most of January, we are well short of quality there.
    Agree we definitely need 1 if not 2 centre halfs and I'm still not convinced we have the right goalie yet.

Initially I didnt want Wotherspoon at right back but now I've changed my mind. He's a natural wide player and is good going forward. He just needs to learn the position (defensively) and he'll do that by playing every week. Our lack of drive in the full-back areas was really imbalancing the team early on.

Wotherspoon wont be the same as Stevenson- he's much more talented and has far more to his game. 'Burn out' has never really effected very good young players- the one's who have genuine quality will manage.

I don't think we should be worried about "burning out" Wotherspoon. Seems to be a scottish concern, playing every week hasn't harmed the likes of Messi has it?

I don't think Stevenson has suffered from burnout, he's just been replaced by better players.

Quote Originally Posted by RichH View Post
    Agree we definitely need 1 if not 2 centre halfs and I'm still not convinced we have the right goalie yet.

Initially I didnt want Wotherspoon at right back but now I've changed my mind. He's a natural wide player and is good going forward. He just needs to learn the position (defensively) and he'll do that by playing every week. Our lack of drive in the full-back areas was really imbalancing the team early on.

Wotherspoon wont be the same as Stevenson- he's much more talented and has far more to his game. 'Burn out' has never really effected very good young players- the one's who have genuine quality will manage.
    You beat me to it.

Burn out imho does happen, Ryan Giggs is the perfect example of a player still playing at the highest level, yes because he's a good player, but a lot of its to do with being nurtured early on in his career. Although it is easier for rich teams like united, to rest good players, as the ones who replace them are just as good.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Why don't we just write a big christmas wish list to Yogi...

I'm sure he'll be more and happy to meet all your demands.

Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    Why don't we just write a big christmas wish list to Yogi...

I'm sure he'll be more and happy to meet all your demands.
    I'm not sure even he could deliver Jennifer aniston down my chimminey.

Burn out imho does happen, Ryan Giggs is the perfect example of a player still playing at the highest level, yes because he's a good player, but a lot of its to do with being nurtured early on in his career. Although it is easier for rich teams like united, to rest good players, as the ones who replace them are just as good.
    United play a stack more games than us ever year.

I'll bet you'll find that Ryan Giggs had played a hell of a lot more games than the boys we're talking about here at their age-internationals, European games etc as well.

I'm struggling to think of a really top player who's suffered from 'burn-out' but can think of countless players who've played 60/70 games a season from a very young age.

Lewis Stevenson has probably never played more than 25 full games in a season yet because he's not the player many predicted it's 'burn-out'!

At Hibs level, Whittaker, Brown, Caldwell, Fletcher are just 4 examples of guys who've played most weeks for Hibs from a very early age and shown good form most of the time.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Now now dear chap...

I'm sure Yogi can come to some sort of compromise...

Will you settle for Jocelyn Wildenstein?

Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    Now now dear chap...

I'm sure Yogi can come to some sort of compromise...

Will you settle for Jocelyn Wildenstein?
    I had to google the name,

We need a CH - regardless of fact that Sol is away - IMHO.

RB is an issue also.

If we address these two positions - and keep the rest - I would be very happy.

killie GK and CH. are we after barr or is it just gossip ?

Quote Originally Posted by RichH View Post
    United play a stack more games than us ever year.
    I know this, but you dont see Macheda thrown in for 45-50 of those games, because they have more quality, players as good if not better. But when they do get a gem, like Giggs, they use him spareingly, early on, to help with his developement.
    I'll bet you'll find that Ryan Giggs had played a hell of a lot more games than the boys we're talking about here at their age-internationals, European games etc as well.
    Id like the proof please
    I'm struggling to think of a really top player who's suffered from 'burn-out' but can think of countless players who've played 60/70 games a season from a very young age.
    Who
    Lewis Stevenson has probably never played more than 25 full games in a season yet because he's not the player many predicted it's 'burn-out'!
    You could be right, i did think he would be a terrific player, but has not progressed, i dont know why?
    At Hibs level, Whittaker, Brown, Caldwell, Fletcher are just 4 examples of guys who've played most weeks for Hibs from a very early age and shown good form most of the time.
    None of those players above are getting much better, perhaps they have played too much football in their career to date.

How no, it's no like she's fat pie muncher, she would surely fit??

Hughes FFS