hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar

Hughes targets Hibs player sales

http://sport.stv.tv/football/128898-...-player-sales/

Interesting wee article there. It's not exactly anything new and groundbreaking that we haven't already heard or didn't already know about, but I for one appreciate Yogi's honesty.

I seem to remember one manager in recent years who was adamant players weren't going to be sold...only for them to be gone by the following week.

At least Yogi's honest about Hibs being a selling club, and that his plan is to really bring through the youth players. Of course, our fantastic training centre will help with this.

I guess it's just nice to have a manager who doesn't mince his words, but manages to ameliorate the minor points with positives.

2. Log in to remove the advert

He's great isn't he? He's not a fool.

Nothing really new here, we know we will have to sell our better players to bigger clubs, its just the way the football world works. Whats good though is we can tell the old firm to get to **** and incourage our younger players to head down south, unless off course they come in with an offer of something like 4.5milllion for someone who aint worth that.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    “I would like to be able to go to the board and say that we can afford to sell someone on and, when they ask me why, I can tell them it's because we have got a better player coming through the ranks,” he added. “If I can do that then I am doing my job."

Is he trying to give Rod a heart-attack?

That quote suggests that JH has thought through the realities of managing a club like Hibs in a way that none of his two (three?) predecessors did. And that he sees his own role as part of a team - finance, coaching, development, etc - working to build a club rather than a team.

He's no daft our Yogi.

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    So the STV have taken Hughes comments from the AGM last night
    http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost...&postcount=102

Must have been a really slow news day today!

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nothing really new here, we know we will have to sell our better players to bigger clubs, its just the way the football world works. Whats good though is we can tell the old firm to get to **** and incourage our younger players to head down south, unless off course they come in with an offer of something like 4.5milllion for someone who aint worth that.
    Ahem. I'm aware it's nothing new.

It's not exactly anything new and groundbreaking that we haven't already heard or didn't already know about, but I for one appreciate Yogi's honesty.

I spotted that it was lifted straight from the AGM, in effect. The point was more that he wasn't blustering about not selling players etc.....