hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wales v Scotland

Just been officially announced that Scotland will play Wales at Cardiff City's new ground, on Saturday 14th November.

Cardiff = favourite city for a night on the lash!!

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish...28&newsID=5119
    Last edited by James Connolly; 07-10-2009 at 07:41 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Yes, a weekend in South Wales, although I was going around then anyway

Top Banana.

I get an a vital away point for traveling 1 Hour & 10 Mins by Train from my Home, get in there.

Flights to London & train to Cardiff booked, travelling through to Cardiff on day of the game.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    1hr 32mins on the train from Chippenham to Cardiff Central.

We'll be coming!!!

J
    Last edited by Bristolhibby; 07-10-2009 at 09:46 AM.

Now comfirmed as a 3pm K.O.

Only 2,000 briefs.

http://taboard.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=104540

Gonna pe alot of disappointed footsoldiers.

J

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    pretty gutted you need four points. There is a large contingent of foot soldiers in the office/football team that have said they want to go. but many are first timers so the numbers are dramatically reducing
    Hibernian Football Club

Quote Originally Posted by HFC_1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    pretty gutted you need four points. There is a large contingent of foot soldiers in the office/football team that have said they want to go. but many are first timers so the numbers are dramatically reducing
    Tickets on sale for the Wales ends; just bought 3 for block 117.

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/cardiffcity/default.aspx

A wee word of warning from the Cardiff website, although I'm thinking of doing the same thing myself!

Selected Match: Wales v Scotland - Saturday, 14 November 2009 (15:00)

Please Note:
    That e-ticketing is set up for Welsh fans ONLY to purchase tickets for the forthcoming international friendly.

We will be running security checks on all bookings.

Any Scottish supporters who attempt to purchase tickets in the Welsh section will have their transaction cancelled and will also be charged a £10 administration fee.
    There are no exceptions to this rule.
    If you are a Scottish supporter and want to purchase tickets for this fixture, please call the Scottish F.A. on 0141 616 6000.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Another pointless friendly. Why do the sfa agree to this crap?

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Another pointless friendly. Why do the sfa agree to this crap?
    So should we play no games before the Euro qualifiers start in 11 months time then?

Quote Originally Posted by frazerbob View Post
    So should we play no games before the Euro qualifiers start in 11 months time then?

Ha 11 months before the road to nowhere starts again. Why go all the way to Japan to play a pointless game and get pumped as usual. More of the same in Wales aswell.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar

And we should just skip the Euro Qualifiers while we're at it.

@hibs.net private member surreyhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFC_1875 View Post
    Yup, fancied it myself, but not a TA member so there's no chance.
    Alcohol IS the answer, but I forget the question...

Ha 11 months before the road to nowhere starts again. Why go all the way to Japan to play a pointless game and get pumped as usual. More of the same in Wales aswell.
    The Japan game was arranged when we still had hopes of making the play-off to give us a game before then. There were only something like 5 european teams who had a free week due to the other groups playing their final games. Japan also paid us a silly money by all accounts.

It did turn out to be a waste of time due to us not making the play offs and the fact that the wasters who don't seem to care about playing for their country all withdrew.

The Japan game was arranged when we still had hopes of making the play-off to give us a game before then. There were only something like 5 european teams who had a free week due to the other groups playing their final games. Japan also paid us a silly money by all accounts.

It did turn out to be a waste of time due to us not making the play offs and the fact that the wasters who don't seem to care about playing for their country all withdrew.

Dont you think that these wasters will only pull out again? After all they will all be picked and in the squad. Dont you think you tartan army boys are getting short changed by all accounts. Pay what i would say decent money to go to these games whether it be home or away and for what? To watch that pish on the pitch. IMHO its cheating the fans

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    Dont you think that these wasters will only pull out again? After all they will all be picked and in the squad. Dont you think you tartan army boys are getting short changed by all accounts. Pay what i would say decent money to go to these games whether it be home or away and for what? To watch that pish on the pitch. IMHO its cheating the fans
    None of that will wash through the tartan-tinted glasses of the TA. No matter how crap Scotland are you just keep pulling on the kilt, singing doh a deer and washing down the latest defeat with a barrel full of beer. What takes place on the pitch is just something to hang the trip on so it really doesn't matter how pathetic the team is or which players are making up the numbers. How can anyone call the merits of such loyalty into question?

In saying that, I agree Cardiff is a fine city for a day's drinking

Quote Originally Posted by Mag7 View Post
    None of that will wash through the tartan-tinted glasses of the TA. No matter how crap Scotland are you just keep pulling on the kilt, singing doh a deer and washing down the latest defeat with a barrel full of beer. What takes place on the pitch is just something to hang the trip on so it really doesn't matter how pathetic the team is or which players are making up the numbers. How can anyone call the merits of such loyalty into question?

Loyalty my arse its just an excuse to go to another country and make a fool of themselves and act like goons with a belly fulll of beer. Ok they might not fight or that (not that we know of) but at the end of the day its alot of drunken louts roaming the streets and bars making themselves look bad,pissing in fountains travelling without tickets just to say i was there. Whats the point in going then?

Dont get me wrong im not saying these folk shouldnt support scotland where ever they go as the above is just my opinion and some might say its a loady pish but im sure there are other people that post on here with the same view.

Loyalty my arse its just an excuse to go to another country and make a fool of themselves and act like goons with a belly fulll of beer. Ok they might not fight or that (not that we know of) but at the end of the day its alot of drunken louts roaming the streets and bars making themselves look bad,pissing in fountains travelling without tickets just to say i was there. Whats the point in going then?

Dont get me wrong im not saying these folk shouldnt support scotland where ever they go as the above is just my opinion and some might say its a loady pish but im sure there are other people that post on here with the same view.
    Loady pish

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    A wee word of warning from the Cardiff website, although I'm thinking of doing the same thing myself!

Selected Match: Wales v Scotland - Saturday, 14 November 2009 (15:00)

Please Note:
    That e-ticketing is set up for Welsh fans ONLY to purchase tickets for the forthcoming international friendly.

We will be running security checks on all bookings.

Any Scottish supporters who attempt to purchase tickets in the Welsh section will have their transaction cancelled and will also be charged a £10 administration fee.
    There are no exceptions to this rule.
    If you are a Scottish supporter and want to purchase tickets for this fixture, please call the Scottish F.A. on 0141 616 6000.
    that's a bummer! my son stays in Monmouth,only 35 mins fae Cardiff. would love to go with him and take my grandson(Harry the welsh hibby) to the game. still ,we may just sneak intae the Taffies end,get my grandson tae order the tickets in welsh

Quote Originally Posted by Mag7 View Post

So should we all remove the green glasses and stop supporting Hibs when we are crap? Lets be honest, that's more often than not! You support your team through thick and thin in my World, be that Scotland or Hibs. Just like Hibs, the bad times make the good times all the better.

Loady pish!

Here we go again! Pray tell, which away games have you attended and witnessed this embarassing behaviour? Or are you another who has a dig having never experienced a Scotland trip and bases his opinion on the slaverings of Jim Traynor?

Incidently, have you ever followed Hibs abroad? I have and witnessed some shocking behaviour. Won't stop me going again next time!

If you don't want to support Scotland that's fair doos. I don't really think it's fair to question others who do though!

@hibs.net private member
    Yes.

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Yes.
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

That would have been you when you were in Dublin when you were piseed watching Hibs get humped then wandering around till all hours with a belly full of beer then
    Loady pish!

Here we go again! Pray tell, which away games have you attended and witnessed this embarassing behaviour? Or are you another who has a dig having never experienced a Scotland trip and bases his opinion on the slaverings of Jim Traynor?

Incidently, have you ever followed Hibs abroad? I have and witnessed some shocking behaviour. Won't stop me going again next time!

If you don't want to support Scotland that's fair doos. I don't really think it's fair to question others who do though!
    See above

Pretty much sums it up for me. I see nae reason why some folk who apparently DONT care, care enough to fire on here, rip the piss out the national squad (and still say they don't care) then argue with those who are interested so they will maybe convert to their point of view

...all the worse when fellow Hibbys then bring the stupid/pointless/never needs debating "club v country" rubbish into it all.......man, its 2009 - Hibs will NEVER play Scotland. Let it rest.

ENDOF

First Team Breakthrough JDanielR1875's Avatar
    Hope Deek gets a start

Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    That would have been you when you were in Dublin when you were piseed watching Hibs get humped then wandering around till all hours with a belly full of beer then

See above

I have know recolection of the above accusation