hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Under 19's

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar

Under 19's

Just having a wee flick through the under 19's, and was pleasantly surprised to see the Yams at the foot of the table. Also see we are home to Dundee utd on the 17th Oct, will this be played at East Mains? and what time do they normally KO?

http://www.futbol24.com/stat_main_51__U19/Scotland.html

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by LeithenHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just having a wee flick through the under 19's, and was pleasantly surprised to see the Yams at the foot of the table. Also see we are home to Dundee utd on the 17th Oct, will this be played at East Mains? and what time do they normally KO?

http://www.futbol24.com/stat_main_51__U19/Scotland.html
    yes it will be at east mains but it might be played on the friday so keep an eye out on here and the official site for confirmation. if it is the saturday it will be a 12noon kick off.

as for hearts being bottom of the league................................. thats the best youth set up in scotland apparently

Quote Originally Posted by oconnors_strip View Post
    yes it will be at east mains but it might be played on the friday so keep an eye out on here and the official site for confirmation. if it is the saturday it will be a 12noon kick off.

as for hearts being bottom of the league................................. thats the best youth set up in scotland apparently:greengrin

Apparently so... cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by H18SVG View Post
    To be fair to Hearts they do have a game in hand, should they win that game and St Johnstone also win theirs, then Hearts are propelled into 12th place.

Pleasantly surprised how we are doing given the departures from last season's team.
    I don't make all the games (my choice) at ER, but was up on Saturday and got a wee taste again. Just wanted to take in an under 19's game to see how we will cope with the departures that you mention.

Quote Originally Posted by H18SVG View Post
    To be fair to Hearts they do have a game in hand, should they win that game and St Johnstone also win theirs, then Hearts are propelled into 12th place.

Pleasantly surprised how we are doing given the departures from last season's team.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithenHibby View Post
    I don't make all the games (my choice) at ER, but was up on Saturday and got a wee taste again. Just wanted to take in an under 19's game to see how we will cope with the departures that you mention.
    im surprised aswell, however we are having a very much rollercoaster start to the season. the highs have been excellent and we look a well gelled team then another week we have looked like 11 lads that have never played in a team before. personally i think some of the lads that played regularly last season are finding it a bit hard to adjust to playing with younger and new boys.

they have a long hard season ahead of them but encouragement and support, eg going to their games when people can, will help them progress and hopefuly finish near the top of the table. also a wee cup run will be good

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    We won't see the success of last season repeated, IMHO, We have a younger team coming through this season, and going by the results so far every team is capable of beating others, sometimes by big margins (there's been a load of goals scored so far!).

To be honest, it's not really about winning leagues at this level (though, it has to be said - it's some achievement when you do win!) but it is about bringing through talent and educating and developing players to fill the first team with.

We are very lucky that at Hibs we have one of the best set ups in the country, and two fantastic coaches in Alistair Stevenson and James McDonaugh.

While I don't think we'll win the league, I wouldn't expect us to be too far away...
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    We won't see the success of last season repeated, IMHO, We have a younger team coming through this season, and going by the results so far every team is capable of beating others, sometimes by big margins (there's been a load of goals scored so far!).

To be honest, it's not really about winning leagues at this level (though, it has to be said - it's some achievement when you do win!) but it is about bringing through talent and educating and developing players to fill the first team with.

We are very lucky that at Hibs we have one of the best set ups in the country, and two fantastic coaches in Alistair Stevenson and James McDonaugh.

While I don't think we'll win the league, I wouldn't expect us to be too far away...

Mattie
    For those of us who couldn't manage the game v. Motherwell, it would have been a good idea if the guy that wrote the report had managed to give the Hib's line-up! Not just the Well's.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyMiller View Post
    Mattie
    For those of us who couldn't manage the game v. Motherwell, it would have been a good idea if the guy that wrote the report had managed to give the Hib's line-up! Not just the Well's.
    if you look at the names you will have noticed they were hibs players (thats if you read the report or roughly know players names)and that someone had put motherwell instead of hibs

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Mattie
    if you look at the names you will have noticed they were hibs players (thats if you read the report or roughly know players names)and that someone had put motherwell instead of hibs

Where's the 'my bad' smilie??

tut tut matty

I never looked at the names OS, as it said MOTHERWELL and I didn't expect to find the Hib's team there.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

tut tut matty
    I am hanging my head in shame.

total fanny!!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Mattie
    I never looked at the names OS, as it said MOTHERWELL and I didn't expect to find the Hib's team there.
    Here you, you cannae talk anyway - you got my name wrong and it was written in your post!

Here you, you cannae talk anyway - you got my name wrong and it was written in your post!
    Sorry.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Sorry.