hibs.net Messageboard

The Hibs Defence.

Great start to the season apart from our exit from the egg cup, excellent signings in Stokes,Miller and McBride, the emergence of Wotherspoon and the re-emergance of Zemmama, the defence is still very iffy though and for me the goalkeeping situation dosen`t look that much better, a right back and another centre back and you might get a 100% positive post from yours truly.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great start to the season apart from our exit from the egg cup, excellent signings in Stokes,Miller and McBride, the emergence of Wotherspoon and the re-emergance of Zemmama, the defence is still very iffy though and for me the goalkeeping situation dosen`t look that much better, a right back and another centre back and you might get a 100% positive post from yours truly.
    egg cup? and here's me thinking it was called the league cup
    you sound like a yam ,ffs we can only win two cups a season
    cant understand some so called fans

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    egg cup? and here's me thinking it was called the league cup
    you sound like a yam ,ffs we can only win two cups a season
    cant understand some so called fans
    Easy Tiger i was joking about the cup but if they win it i might it might have to rethink my honest opinion but just for the record i`d rather be in the group stages of the Champions league than win the League cup.

If McCann is 100 percent then we could have enough cover for right back, however I'd like to see someone who can cover right back and centre back come in because as things stand an injury to anyone of Hogg Bamba or Murray will put us in a wee bit trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    If McCann is 100 percent then we could have enough cover for right back, however I'd like to see someone who can cover right back and centre back come in because as things stand an injury to anyone of Hogg Bamba or Murray will put us in a wee bit trouble.
    A fit McCann might be the answer at right back.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    Barr of Falkirk is the obvious candidate to fill that hole.

I seriously think that one addition would make a big difference, increasing the options in defence exponentially at a stroke and making our first choice line up pretty strong from front to back.

After that it would simply be a matter of keeping the finger on the pulse to see who becomes available that could strengthen that first choice line up.

If we sign Barr in January I would be very happy, but tell me, out of Wotherspoon, Sol or Hoggy who do we drop to accomodate him ?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    If we sign Barr in January I would be very happy, but tell me, out of Wotherspoon, Sol or Hoggy who do we drop to accomodate him ?
    That will be Hogg.

@hibs.net private member
    Hogg.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    McCormack.

Bamba into Midfield...

Hogg and Barr CB partnership...

@hibs.net private member
    I would drop Bamba out of Defence for Barr. For me Bamba is a liability in defence, he seems to get booked all the time which puts pressure on from there after.

I would like to see Bamba back in midfield, but only for certain games that require a physical presence in there. Some games dont require very physical players in midfield. I hate to say it, cause I think Bamba is quite a good player, but if we sign Barr then I think Bamba may find himself on the bench.

@hibs.net private member
    Assuming all were fit and well, I'd have Barr at RB with Hogg and Bamba in the middle and Murray at LB. That would give us a strong and experienced back 4.
    Wotherspoon would have to take his chances getting a pick in the midfield - I'm sure with injuries and suspensions etc. he wouldn't have to wait too long.

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    Assuming all were fit and well, I'd have Barr at RB with Hogg and Bamba in the middle and Murray at LB. That would give us a strong and experienced back 4.
    Wotherspoon would have to take his chances getting a pick in the midfield - I'm sure with injuries and suspensions etc. he wouldn't have to wait too long.
    The thing about Wotherspoon is he is still young and shouldn't be depended upon for every game. There will come a time he will need to be rested and that will do him the world of good; as much as playing in the first team has.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Ultimately I think, that if we signed a higher quality of defender, we'd probably have a better back four.

I think the defenders we have are more than capable of playing at the higher end of the SPL and most other sides would be happy to pick from our squad.

Bamba and Hogg seem to be our best combination in the middle with back up from Murray, McCormack and Thicot is fine. The fact that all three can cover at full back and defensive midfield gives even more options.

Bamba will be leaving next summer for the Premiership, I think he'll have a great year and a good world cup and I think we'll get loads of money for him so maybe bringing Barr in then would make sense.