hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Up then Down

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar

Up then Down

Don’t know about anybody else, but my flip flopping in my outlook has been monumental this past week.

Tuesday night, I was ready to hurl the laptop across the room and so down in the dumps over Hibs.

Saturday evening I was flying high, after listening to the Hibees demolish Motherwell away from home.

Now really looking forward to coming up for the game against the Arabs on Saturday.

But this is Hibs and the nagging spectre of inconstancy hovers over us all.

J

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don’t know about anybody else, but my flip flopping in my outlook has been monumental this past week.

Tuesday night, I was ready to hurl the laptop across the room and so down in the dumps over Hibs.

Saturday evening I was flying high, after listening to the Hibees demolish Motherwell away from home.

Now really looking forward to coming up for the game against the Arabs on Saturday.

J
    I'd have the Samaritans helpline handy on Saturday night, if I were you. We're every bit as likely to take a doing as we are likely to pump them on Saturday.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Coaching Staff
    So long as the overall direction is a good one we shouldn't get so high or low on a game to game basis.

With the type of players we have some days it will work, some it won't. I don't know if anyone has used this phrase before but I do believe overall we will win more than we lose.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    So long as the overall direction is a good one we shouldn't get so high or low on a game to game basis.

With the type of players we have some days it will work, some it won't. I don't know if anyone has used this phrase before but I do believe overall we will win more than we lose.

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    And with Yogi's new formation, we will "score more than we concede" (but only just!)

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbie02 View Post
    And with Yogi's new formation, we will "score more than we concede" (but only just!)
    I was only worried about conceding from corners and crosses on Saturday. Why Motherwell stopped putting them right on top of Stack I don't know.

Maka next game for me will sort that one out. Otherwise that team set up in formation and personnel was just about there.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post

J
    This is Hibs we are talking about J, expect the unexpected.

Could be a 4-0 tanking either way, won't matter by the third round in the Harp and Castle after the game.

See you Saturday.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EskbankHibby View Post
    This is Hibs we are talking about J, expect the unexpected.

Could be a 4-0 tanking either way, won't matter by the third round in the Harp and Castle after the game.

See you Saturday.
    Hahaha,

True.

Looking forward to the weekend. Got a bit of the lurgy, but should shift it by Saturday.

Martyn said he is going to meet up for a few beers also.

J

If you think you were up on Saturday you should have been there; I had to be brought down from the clouds to eat my dinner. I was very proud of them on Saturday as everyone gave it all, we got a break for the second goal but then took advantage of it. Motherwell got breaks to but didn't use it as well. The line up was the one I selected in my choice of a starting eleven here on Friday except I said Maka should be in goal, so not only was Yogi right but I was too which makes it even sweeter. We shouldn't get carried away of course because the games can swing the wrong way depending on ref decisions and temporary lapses, but the better side won on Saturday IMO.