hibs.net Messageboard

Aberdeen's Cup Capitulation Continues!

Has there been a team in the top 2 divisions in the last 15-20 seasons thats lost to lower league opposition more than Aberdeen?

Off the top of my head i can think of,

Dundee
    Queens Park
    Queen of the South
    HIBERNIAN
    Stenhousemuir
    Dunfermline

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sambajustice View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has there been a team in the top 2 divisions in the last 15-20 seasons thats lost to lower league opposition more than Aberdeen?

Off the top of my head i can think of,

Dundee
    Queens Park
    Queen of the South
    HIBERNIAN
    Stenhousemuir
    Dunfermline
    Hate myself for this but does this lot have a common denominator over the past (less than) 20 years?

Morton
    Stirling Albion
    Dunfermline
    Raith Rovers
    Ayr United

Blog Entries
    People in glass houses............................

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People in glass houses............................
    I thought we didn't have that bad a record against lower league teams. Since Stirling Albion in 1997(?) we only lost twice i think (Ayr and Morton?) which is better than Aberdeen's record for sure (as above), probably Hearts (Airdrie last year, ICT before they came up?) and maybe even Celtic (ICT and Clyde).

I'd wager we've perhaps got one of the better records against lower league teams?

Would be interesting to see what the stats are for the top flight teams since, say, 1990.

Anyone care to trail through all the tp flight teams since 1990 and see what teams have been papped out by lower league opposition?

Probably not!

Left by mutual consent!
    Until now I had completely forgotten about that Ayr game. In a strange way that has cheered me up because it shows you can get past just about anything.

At the time I probably thought that was the worst game of all time and that I was scarred for life.

Sad how the status of Scottish football has sunk. Aberdeen and Dundee United used to be real contenders - not to mention ourselves.

Nurse! The blue pills.....

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    I see that spherical has-been Joe Harper has been sounding off about what the Aberdeen board and players are currently doing that is wrong. I think that you need to qualify these comments by assessing what players like Harper have done in football after their playing days were over. Jocky Scott more or less said that that it was Mark McEgos comments about Dundee not being at Aberdeen's level that spurred his team on. If I was a first team player at Pittodire right now, I would want to know what the manager was playing at. Second rate Sir Alex would be my guess.