hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough Zemmama19's Avatar

Hanlon Not good enough

Seen him a few times too many now,he was dreadful tonight gets caught out time and time again and his positioning is shocking. The guy is just never going to be good enough am afraid,wouldnt be surpirsed to see him joining Mcneil in the lower leagues soon, because his defending belongs their

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Zemmama19 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seen him a few times too many now,he was dreadful tonight gets caught out time and time again and his positioning is shocking. The guy is just never going to be good enough am afraid,wouldnt be surpirsed to see him joining Mcneil in the lower leagues soon, because his defending belongs their
    Nade
    This is how it feels

He was absolutely ****ing dreadful, and not for the first time. He's cost us points and games more than once, tonight may not have been his fault mind, but his performance was not good enough. He is slow, has a poor touch, is terrible positionally and cannot defend to save himself.

It is time someone else was given their chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Si_17 View Post
    He was absolutely ****ing dreadful, and not for the first time. He's cost us points and games more than once, tonight may not have been his fault mind, but his performance was not good enough. He is slow, has a poor touch, is terrible positionally and cannot defend to save himself.

It is time someone else was given their chance.
    Who would you play at left back Si?
    This is how it feels

Definitely Nade.

Hanlon is being asked to play his position in a way he's probably never been asked before by pushing forward so much. I think he does the attacking part very well but needs to work on his concentration in defence.

Young players only improve with games and I think Hanlon will get them under Hughes because he sees a player with potential.

First Team Breakthrough borders.cabbage's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: brendisgod

nade some fans just dont have a good football knowledge

Very true and your opening post proved that point very well
    This is how it feels

First Team Breakthrough
    bang outta order
    he is a young player finding his feet
    has played some cracking games, there is no way we can start laying our faults on him.
    Dont think for a second that esp. the young players dont read these forums

young players look for help when things are not going right , he was was getting hee haw help tonight. The guy is trying to learn his trade FFS

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Who would you play at left back Si?
    I thought in the early part of last season Ian Murray was exceptional there before he got injured. It may not be his strongest position, but in comparison to Hanlon he is far more assured. I would play him there, however the failure to sign a centre back probably means he will be playing there for the time being.

I don't see what harm giving Stevenson his chance can do. The argument that he can't win a header is meaningless given the fact Hanlon can't either.

Behave

p.s Do you know more than us ??
    Last edited by Riordans Boots; 22-09-2009 at 11:35 PM.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I was not at the game tonight, but think Hanlon is one for the future. He is playing now though, and has done ok so far this season. A big problem we have is both full backs are not full backs, and certainly not the kind of full backs that Yogi wants to play his system. Mixu persisted in that bloody stupid diamond formation, i hope Hughes is not going to do the same.

We dont have the players to play 4-3-3, and until such times as we do, we should go to a normal 4-4-2.

Ok hope you remember this in a couple of years when Hanlon playing for someone like Arbroath

Quote Originally Posted by Si_17 View Post
    I thought in the early part of last season Ian Murray was exceptional there before he got injured. It may not be his strongest position, but in comparison to Hanlon he is far more assured. I would play him there, however the failure to sign a centre back probably means he will be playing there for the time being.

I don't see what harm giving Stevenson his chance can do. The argument that he can't win a header is meaningless given the fact Hanlon can't either.
    Fair points well made
    This is how it feels

It wasn't the young players who let us down tonight.

I agree Hanlon does not have it yet to be first choice left back. I would like to see Hogg come back into centre half (hoping being dropped has gave him a kick up the arse) and bring Murray in at left back. I would also like to see Riordan dropped for the next game, and start either Galbraith or Benji.

No relation by the way but I don't see why Hanlon's getting so much stick on here to be honest. Didn't have a good game but made a couple of good tackles and was no worse that certain folk tonight, the most obvious being Bamba who quite obviously didn't want to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by JHanlon View Post
    No relation by the way but I don't see why Hanlon's getting so much stick on here to be honest. Didn't have a good game but made a couple of good tackles and was no worse that certain folk tonight, the most obvious being Bamba who quite obviously didn't want to be there.

Ok paul

First Team Breakthrough borders.cabbage's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: brendisgod
    You being the prime example.

Paul Hanlon captained the Scotland U18 team and has already been capped at U21 level. Last year he was on a months loan at St. Johnstone, who then tried to extend it. So, Yogi, Derek McInnes and the coaches of our national set up all seem to rate him as a player.

Ok hope you remember this in a couple of years when Hanlon playing for someone like Arbroath
    Likewise, I hope that you remember this thread if he goes on to bigger and better things, gaining several full international caps and/or moves to a bigger club playing a higher standard of football week in week out.

Did you see his goal against Brechin??

Quote Originally Posted by borders.cabbage View Post
    You being the prime example.

Paul Hanlon captained the Scotland U18 team and has already been capped at U21 level. Last year he was on a months loan at St. Johnstone, who then tried to extend it. So, Yogi, Derek McInnes and the coaches of our national set up all seem to rate him as a player. They, however must be 'tools' like me who need to bow to your superior football knowledge
    Ok you want to go down that route Thicot was captain of france under 19s,O'Brien capped by Ireland and murdoch capped by N Ireland. You must be right all superb players

On Hanlon though,even for his tender age his defending is naive beyond belief and will never be good enough for hibs only my expert opinion mind due
    Last edited by Zemmama19; 23-09-2009 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsboy90 View Post
    Likewise, I hope that you remember this thread if he goes on to bigger and better things, gaining several full international caps and/or moves to a bigger club playing a higher standard of football week in week out.

Did you see his goal against Brechin??
    I will do dont worry,and yes i did see the goal was well taken but sadly hes not a striker is he?
    The problem i have is he is a defender who cant defend.Its his tackling,positioning,passing,strength and heading that are his main downfalls, all very much essential if your going to be a top class defender which hanlon will never be

POST REMOVED BY ADMIN
    Idont consider myself any better a judge than anyone on here,but,IMHO about Hanlon............he was taken to the cleaners by the Saints right sided players on Saturday and last night he was "all at sea" with his defensive duties,cost us their first goal and had a f/kin stinker,which surely cannot be denied?
    Last edited by marinello59; 23-09-2009 at 08:19 AM.

Coaching Staff
    Hopefully Yogi (if he is true to form) will drop this over rated, under performing excuse of a full back after not only tonight's "performance" but the last few games. McInnes (as at the weekend) got it spot on by targetting the full backs and Hanlon in particular. He put Deuchar on Hanlon tonight, and the only header the young man won all night was one in their penalty box when the linesman had flagged for offside. Poor poor player and he is flattered by these pundits and detractors who think he is a good player. Slow, ponderous, jumps statically, never ever takes a chance going forward, and constantly constantly gets dragged out of position (to the centre half position) and leaves gaps on his own flank. At fault FULLY for all three goals tonight (had the chance to clear the third however again played like a frightened rabbit and fluffed his clearance). Stevenson for me, is the better player, more composed, and better on the deck. An utterly gutless show from all on display but Hanlon will make a player when I become a priest.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Hopefully Yogi (if he is true to form) will drop this over rated, under performing excuse of a full back after not only tonight's "performance" but the last few games. McInnes (as at the weekend) got it spot on by targetting the full backs and Hanlon in particular. He put Deuchar on Hanlon tonight, and the only header the young man won all night was one in their penalty box when the linesman had flagged for offside. Poor poor player and he is flattered by these pundits and detractors who think he is a good player. Slow, ponderous, jumps statically, never ever takes a chance going forward, and constantly constantly gets dragged out of position (to the centre half position) and leaves gaps on his own flank. At fault FULLY for all three goals tonight (had the chance to clear the third however again played like a frightened rabbit and fluffed his clearance). Stevenson for me, is the better player, more composed, and better on the deck. An utterly gutless show from all on display but Hanlon will make a player when I become a priest.
    Well said someone that understands football finally

Coaching Staff
    The fact that on Saturday, Grainger from kick off swung an aimless 40 yard ball over towards Hanlon said it all. Weak link, cannot jump, cannot attack a ball, and is slower than a slow thing going foward and defending. Deuchar must have thought it was Christmas the amount of times he was using his body, strength and height against such a lightweight fullback. Fair play to St J and McInnes.....they deserved it, but Hanlon was the weakest of weakest links

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    I feel sorry for him and maccormack they are never full backs they are both centre halfs. Cause maccormack looked lost last night at right back

@hibs.net private member
    Do you know anything about football? I will bet you right now that in 5 years, Paul Hanlon will be at a bigger club than Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post

Another one who knows **** all about football I see.

Hanlon is what, 19? It seems we pride ourselves on bringing young players though our system to the first team and then can't wait to slaughter them when they get there. We are a strange support at times.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.