hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rubbish

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GodisaHibee

Rubbish

Rubbish full stop.

There is nothing that can be taken from that display.

Nonsense of a midfield; nonsense of a defence and a stirke force that; on paper; should be great; but in actual fact, couldn't find each others arse's with both hands.

I really don't care what anyone else says; that 'display' was an embarrassment to anyone involved with the club; trainee; player; trainer; manager; board member; fan; share holder; anyone....an absolute disgrace.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GodisaHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rubbish full stop.

Nonsense of a midfield; nonsense of a defence and a stirke force that; on paper; should be great; but in actual fact, couldn't find each others arse's with both hands.

I really don't care what anyone else says; that 'display' was an embarrassment to anyone involved with the club; trainee; player; trainer; manager; board member; fan; share holder; anyone....an absolute disgrace.
    Consistency's our strongest attribute at the moment.

Rubbish full stop.

I'm not doing cartwheels but ... a wee tad OTT there

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    At one point in the second half McCormack was beaten to a ball that was about three feet from him by a St Johnstone player coming in from about nine feet away.

That summed up our lethargy tonight for me.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Riordans Boots View Post
    It really isn't.

The bottom line is that given our squad we should never be losing 1-3 at home to a team just promoted from the First Division, especially when we've beaten them 3-0 four days earlier.

Rubbish full stop.

Yogi never learned anything from Saturday, and we were second to everything.... Woeful, inept, abysmal...... Call it want you want, but Yogi is clueless when it comes to tactics and subs..... And the messiah Riordan, waste of space..........

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

No it's not.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    We have no right to win games and getting beaten by Saint J is a disaster. I shudder to think how much the club has lost financially because of this disaster.
    Gerard

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Delabooze View Post
    Yogi never learned anything from Saturday, and we were second to everything.... Woeful, inept, abysmal...... Call it want you want, but Yogi is clueless when it comes to tactics and subs..... And the messiah Riordan, waste of space..........

I wouldn't quite say a waste of space, but he's definitely over-rated as a 90 minute player. I hope he is on the bench against Motherwell.

it was a very poor performance by all but we are only 6 games into the season, yogi inherited a lot of rubbish players which he has shipped out. we were all glad of that.

there are a lot of new players who will need time & games so lets not get too carried away. we need a leader and a dominant centre half.

I'm sure there will be a few butts getting kicked !!

the worrying thing for me was a crowd of less than 7000 for a cup game.

Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    it was a very poor performance by all but we are only 6 games into the season, yogi inherited a lot of rubbish players which he has shipped out. we were all glad of that.

there are a lot of new players who will need time & games so lets not get too carried away. we need a leader and a dominant centre half.

I'm sure there will be a few butts getting kicked !!

the worrying thing for me was a crowd of less than 7000 for a cup game.
    The crowd was 7078.

Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
    The crowd was 7078.
    Oh sorry. That makes it alot better.

First Team Breakthrough Hibhibhooray's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibhibhooray PSN ID: Hibhibhooray
    No urgency what so ever, very disapointed with what was displayed tonight. Even when st J changed there formation we looked second to everything.

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    Yogi failing to read the warning signs on Saturday and playing the same team and formation was an act of supreme clownery IMO.

Stokes scored and thought he could walk the game. Spoon was mediocre. Bamba was unmitigated pish.

I could go on and on, but mainly I feel that the team was far too complacent and thought they could stroll the game - which is worrying in itself as they certainly didn't on Saturday and the 3-0 flattered them.

Quote Originally Posted by LamontHFC© View Post
    Oh sorry. That makes it alot better.
    Well he said he was worried about it so he might feel a bit better now that it was over 7000.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Again

At the risk of being controversial:

PLAY THE YOUNGSTERS

I would MUCH rather watch them play their hearts out than watch that rubbish ever again.

The club has lost it's way again with bringing in second rate journey man players.

.....get rid of the hanger ons and promote the young guys.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by Leitrim Hibee View Post
    Stokes scored and thought he could walk the game.
    Agree with most things said tonight but I felt that Stokes worked his socks off tonight (although he made a few greedy choices at times). Stokes won more tackles in our midfield and was always having to come back to get the ball.

Rankin was actually our best midfielder tonight and he was awful.

We need Murray or Bamba in the midfield but that means having Hogg back alongside the remaining one and that doesnt fill me with much confidence.

Getting a good centre half in will give us a bit more flexibility - that must be the priority in January - its going to be a long wait I feel though.

The club has lost it's way again with bringing in second rate journey man players.
    Stack, McCormack, Hanlon, McBride, Bamba, Murray, Wotherspoon, Miller, Stokes, Riordan, Rankin

Who are you referring to?

On paper, the talent in that side should be doing a lot better than it did this evening.

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    Agree with most things said tonight but I felt that Stokes worked his socks off tonight (although he made a few greedy choices at times). Stokes won more tackles in our midfield and was always having to come back to get the ball.
    I felt he wasn't half as good as he was on Saturday - then again, it was difficult to really see any positives from tonight so perhaps I'm being a little harsh on him...

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post

Rankin was actually our best midfielder tonight and he was awful.

We need Murray or Bamba in the midfield but that means having Hogg back alongside the remaining one and that doesnt fill me with much confidence.

Getting a good centre half in will give us a bit more flexibility - that must be the priority in January - its going to be a long wait I feel though.
    No he wasn't. rankin was absolute garbage and I really don't know what Yogi sees in this guy.

I can't really be bothered reading through dozens of threads when the title of this one seemed to sum the game up so succinctly.

That was gash.

The team have to learn to compete. Rangers, Celtic, Man Utd, Barcelona they all compete for every ball, chase things, close players down. If you put nothing in to the game you get nothing out of it.

We can only get better at least. Zemmamma needs a run in the team now.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    Stack, McCormack, Hanlon, McBride, Bamba, Murray, Wotherspoon, Miller, Stokes, Riordan, Rankin

Who are you referring to?

On paper, the talent in that side should be doing a lot better than it did this evening.
    You know, it's soooo wearysome it's almost apathy that kicks in; NO player on that pitch tonight got pass marks; but, look at the players you mention; I would say: Stack; McBride; Bamba; Murray; Miller; Stokes; Riordan and Rankin qualify now as journey men.

NOT that they should all be dismissed; but it's hardly bringing on new talent ; is it?

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by jakedance View Post
    I can't really be bothered reading through dozens of threads when the title of this one seemed to sum the game up so succinctly.

That was gash.

The team have to learn to compete. Rangers, Celtic, Man Utd, Barcelona they all compete for every ball, chase things, close players down. If you put nothing in to the game you get nothing out of it.

We can only get better at least. Zemmamma needs a run in the team now.

The title of thread says it all,end of

Paul Hanlon is ****ing gash.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

And to clarify; it's not the fact we lost; it's the manner in which we lost......i.e. rubbish.

First Team Breakthrough
    You need to play a killer pass (with movement from forward players - even Riordan!!!!!) or at least beat a player in the last third for things to happen. We just play in front of teams and let them get back in and set themselves up. We play too many lethargic boring little passes which gives the opposition time to set themselves up. It's fine keeping the ball for a bit at the back and in midfield but you need to move forward at some point. You can't do this any other way than with pace and some conviction - tonight there was neither of them 2 ingredients.

Zemmana picking up the ball and running at them trough the middle when he released Stokes was one of the only times this happened and we almost scored from it.

It's like you are told when you're a lad......if nothing is going right for you then dig in and give it some, close down and pester your opponent (they done it no problem). Appetite of the players tonight was awful. They had guys cramping up all over the place......we had guys strolling about all over the place, it told a story of the work rate of both sides.

Main didn't need to make a save tonight.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leitrim Hibee View Post
    Yogi failing to read the warning signs on Saturday and playing the same team and formation was an act of supreme clownery IMO.
    Stokes scored and thought he could walk the game. Spoon was mediocre. Bamba was unmitigated pish.

I could go on and on, but mainly I feel that the team was far too complacent and thought they could stroll the game - which is worrying in itself as they certainly didn't on Saturday and the 3-0 flattered them.
    Or if he'd changed it and we'd got beat this would read:

'Yogi failing to heed what works and change a winning side was an act of supreme clownery IMO'

A few points to ponder

1. Stack is no better than Maka and the big fella should be back in for Saturday. I know Stack made a couple of decent saves but his blocked kick out and total misreading of a high ball into the box (it sailed over his head FFS) would have been funny if it wasn't so worrying.
    2. Why, when Alan Main hit the ball long at goal kicks, was John freakin Rankin marking Kenny Deuchar? Needless to say Deuchar won every ball and headed it into our box where we struggled to clear it.
    3. Liam Miller is not a defensive midfielder. Too often he found himself competing for the ball deep in the Hibs half when he's much better suited to attacking play.
    4. Why did Stokes, on two obvious occasions, elect to shoot from difficult angles when a square pass into the feet of Riordan would almost certainly have resulted in a goal. I'm all for the strikers trying to outscore each other but they need to work as a unit, not individuals.
    5. Why does Riordan get to take every free kick and penalty?
    6. Why do we play tippy tappy football in a forlorn attempt to retain possession only to give the ball away eventually by hoofing it into no-mans land?
    7. Why is there no pace to our attacks?
    This is how it feels