hibs.net Messageboard

The perks of getting a season ticket?

Are there any? Other than saving around £20 a season, then again if you miss one match you are donald ducked and the cost probably worked out to be more.

I was having a look around some premiership teams and there ST deals, and TBH most of them piss all over ours.

Take Birmingham City for example, here's what their season ticket offers you

-10% discount in the club shop
    -Discounted tickets for all home cup matches (compared to the walk up punter)
    -Free entry to sports forums during the season to meet management and players
    -NO booking fee's for cup tickets and extra tickets purchased by the season ticket holder

And if you sit in the Family Section you get a free U8 season ticket with every full paying adult. You can also pay by monthly direct debit at an extra £15 cost per year.

The fact of the matter, there is little incentive for Hibs fans to buy a season ticket other than saving a few quid. A season ticket used to gurantee you a ticket but now-adays you'll get a ticket for every match no problem, even Hertz away.

If you don't have a season ticket this season, and you were to get the perks listed above, aswell as the chance to pay by monthly direct debit would you get a season ticket? I know stacks of people that would...

2. Log in to remove the advert

unsure if its a benefit by you can get behind the goals if you are a season ticket holder,
    As regards away tickets im sure if you are a s.t holder, for away games you get 1st chance to get them as well as semi-final tickets (if we get there though )

other than that and what you have said about saving bout £20 a year i struggle to think of any other benefits

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    The biggest perk IMO is not having to but tickets for individual games or pay at the gate and having the same seat every week with my mates. Had a ST for 20 odd years, it becomes a habbit. I've already missed a couple of home games this season so after only a few weeks the few quid I saved has already been wiped out.

The money raised from ST sales are the guide, for the board as to how much money they can give the manager to spend on YOUR team.

Season ticket sales help the playing side of things FACT .

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The money raised from ST sales are the guide, for the board as to how much money they can give the manager to spend on YOUR team.

the more season tickets we sell, the better the players we can afford, the better quality of football we watch.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    Are there any? Other than saving around £20 a season, then again if you miss one match you are donald ducked and the cost probably worked out to be more.

I was having a look around some premiership teams and there ST deals, and TBH most of them piss all over ours.

-NO booking fee's for cup tickets and extra tickets purchased by the season ticket holder

And if you sit in the Family Section you get a free U8 season ticket with every full paying adult. You can also pay by monthly direct debit at an extra £15 cost per year.

The fact of the matter, there is little incentive for Hibs fans to buy a season ticket other than saving a few quid. A season ticket used to gurantee you a ticket but now-adays you'll get a ticket for every match no problem, even Hertz away.

If you don't have a season ticket this season, and you were to get the perks listed above, aswell as the chance to pay by monthly direct debit would you get a season ticket? I know stacks of people that would...
    But you are comparing apples and pears surely. Literally different league, not sure about av support % ST holders, availabilty/demand for big games. As you'll be aware all these things must be factored in to costing and that'll be the main reason for the way things are structured.

Do you not also have a saving as a ST holder in not having to book matches over the phone at cost?

That said I agree with your points on the attractions. I think the booking fee is part of whats becoming the norm - the EasyJet model if you like. But for frequent attendees it makes it different from flying plus in many cases there is no option. So its a bit cack but it does give you an appreciation of the costs to the club for that service.

I hope once we have the new stand there will be more scope for inventive incentive schemes. Making it easier to sit with your mates who attend on an ad hoc basis and like the promotions you mention.

Premiership clubs are on a different level financially. The TV deal they are on and prize money for where they finish in the league is phenominal. Do they use some of that money to offer their incentives?

The example club you have used (Birmingham) are competing in that area with Aston Villa, West Brom, Wolves and Walsall. Other clubs such as Blackburn have appx 30,000 seated stadia, yet the population of the town can't be far off 100,000.

Hibernian offered fans £50 vouchers if they recruited a new season ticket holder http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Me...,10290,00.html

Cup top up for season ticket holders

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Cu...,10290,00.html

The club also put prices back to 07 pricing.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/07...,10290,00.html

The club also offered fans the chance to still purchase a season ticket book and if they had already been to the opening 2 fixtures, they could show these ticket stubs and they wouyld be refunded the value of those games from the price of their season ticket membership.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Fe...793997,00.html

Therefore should season ticket fans not be rewarded?

I know that is the case, you know that, as do most, but for the fairweather fan that isn't an incentive for them (I don't think).

Quote Originally Posted by loko View Post
    But you are comparing apples and pears surely. Literally different league, not sure about av support % ST holders, availabilty/demand for big games. As you'll be aware all these things must be factored in to costing and that'll be the main reason for the way things are structured.

Do you not also have a saving as a ST holder in not having to book matches over the phone at cost?

That said I agree with your points on the attractions. I think the booking fee is part of whats becoming the norm - the EasyJet model if you like. But for frequent attendees it makes it different from flying plus in many cases there is no option. So its a bit cack but it does give you an appreciation of the costs to the club for that service.

I hope once we have the new stand there will be more scope for inventive incentive schemes. Making it easier to sit with your mates who attend on an ad hoc basis and like the promotions you mention.
    The things listed in the original post aren't things that Hibs couldn't afford to offer. We're not talking massive discounts and perks, but a 10% discount in the club shop and getting tonights match say £2 or £1 cheaper than the walk up punter isn't to much to ask IMO, they would recoup the money back anyway from the season ticket sale anyway. Birmingham won't have single sellout match this season, neither will we (well except the new year derby) so demand isn't really that big a thing...

Thats the main reason i have never bought a season ticket. like to go away for 2/3 weeks in april and that undoubtedly means i miss a home game or two.

paying at the gate for me is almost like finance plan, if you think about it in that way, spreads the cost over the season rather than having to pay in a lump sum at the start of the season.

Unless Hibs offer a significant discount on season ticket prices compared to paying at the gate every week then im going to continue paying as i do at the moment.

Therefore should season ticket fans not be rewarded?

I know that is the case, you know that, as do most, but for the fairweather fan that isn't an incentive for them (I don't think).

The things listed in the original post aren't things that Hibs couldn't afford to offer. We're not talking massive discounts and perks, but a 10% discount in the club shop and getting tonights match say £2 or £1 cheaper than the walk up punter isn't to much to ask IMO, they would recoup the money back anyway from the season ticket sale anyway. Birmingham won't have single sellout match this season, neither will we (well except the new year derby) so demand isn't really that big a thing...
    I can see where you are going with this, but offering discount on various things, also hurts the clubs finances, which in turn hurts the playing side of things, so in the long run its all about the cash flow.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    the best thing about a season ticket for me is that even if i dont have a penny to my name i can still go to the footy, like tonight i have £9 in my account but thanks to cup top up i can still go

@hibs.net private member Sprouleflyer's Avatar

Off course having a bigger stadium to fill may encourage the board to give better rewards to ST holders.

This I think is another reason why Hibs should develope the East Terracing. Taking the South out of the equation as 6 home games of the 18 (top 6 dependant), the South is not available, Hibs % of season tickets sales for the 3 remaining sides are pretty decent. If we have sold 9500 ST then thats around 73% of seats available to home fans taken up, under Mowbray/Collins that was up to around 88%, if the seats are being sold why offer deals?

With a new East and a larger home end the % will drop and this may encourage the board to come up with better ideals in regard to getting bums on seats.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    my ST saves me £65 a year.

plus im guaranteed my seat which is in the centre of of the east stand.... wouldnt want to sit anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Euphoria1875 View Post
    the best thing about a season ticket for me is that even if i dont have a penny to my name i can still go to the footy, like tonight i have £9 in my account but thanks to cup top up i can still go
    Thats exactly my reason for buying one. I may only have a Category B but I pay to get into the Cat A games seperately.

I thought about paying for each home game individually but if the game falls on a weekend im skint then im ****ed.

Im DEF getting a category A in an upper tier next season though. I did consider upgrading as i kind of regret sitting in the south :(

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Guaranteed a ticket for the Scottish Cup Final.

Imagine missing out on a Scottish Cup win cos your season ticket only saved you £20.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Guaranteed a ticket for the Scottish Cup Final.

Imagine missing out on a Scottish Cup win cos your season ticket only saved you £20.
    There's always tickets kicking about for semis and finals though.

I think there should be more incentive to buy a ST.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    There's always tickets kicking about for semis and finals though.

I think there should be more incentive to buy a ST.
    Should Hibs qualify for a final against either of the Old firm, Hearts or Aberdeen there wouldn't be that many tickets kicking about.

The last time we were in the final I know a few who couldn't get them.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Save £20 a season? And the rest, the laddies season ticket alone saves me about £90 against pay at the gate prices and then there's the saving on mine.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    reason?.... it makes you an Uberfan!

simples!
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

Under Fyfe Hyland much of our marketing has improved.

The daft barriers to buying tickets have been removed

Now the club needs to go the extra mile and start direct debit

Scrap paper tickets and invest in electronic turnstyles with swipe cards

E.g. Famous Five ST package for me and my 2 laddies = £495. Paying for that in one lump sum whilst financing summer holidays is a non-starter. Even in 3 lumps of £165 it's still not possible

Even adding 5-8% for DD makes it eminently affordable @£44 per month. If I get paid off and stop paying my DD, my card can be cancelled

Everything I used to pay annually e.g. motor and house insurance, golf club memberships are now direct debit.

Hibs need to move with the times
    Last edited by RIP; 22-09-2009 at 02:20 PM.

Not disputing that at all, but what does the 22 quid I put into the coffers against St Mirren, and the 15 quid I'll be putting in tonight go towards??

If you attend reasonably regularly as a walk-up, you're not contributing that much less financially to the club than a ST holder IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Not disputing that at all, but what does the 22 quid I put into the coffers against St Mirren, and the 15 quid I'll be putting in tonight go towards??

If you attend reasonably regularly as a walk-up, you're not contributing that much less financially to the club than a ST holder IMO.
    True, but how do the board know when your coming?

They don't know how many times you are going to attend and quite frankly would be stupid to even hazard a guess.

They know the amount from season ticket sales and can budget accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchie View Post
    my ST saves me £65 a year.

plus im guaranteed my seat which is in the centre of of the east stand.... wouldnt want to sit anywhere else.
    Well you may have to get used to sitting elsewhere from mid January onwards?

I know I personally struggled in the summer and ended up not buying an ST, hope to be able to get a half season ticket at Xmas but noly if I can put some cash together by then.

A monthly DD would be ideal and as a previous poster said if you cancel it you don't get in, simples.

If have to ask, then a season ticket is probably not right for you