hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs1875aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Precisely.

And these are the ****bags some folk would be happy to see going abroad as the old firm further Scotlands' footballing interests across Europe? They are vermin and its due to all THIS that folk like me would love to see folk like THEM locked in Glasgow, forever.
    The vermin term is one beloved of kickback to describe and dehumanise the entire Hibs support. Unacceptable when applied to us and equally unacceptable when applied to the support of another club, no matter who they are. All in my ever so humble opinion of course.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    I work in Glasgow.

They all support one half of the OF and I would not describe any of them as vermin.

There can only be two explanations for your outburst:

1. You have had a bad experience or three and are recalling these as you type. This has overcome your rational mind and resulted in a ridicluous sweeping statement.

2. You are a simpleton.
    Wow.arent you a smart arse.Did you go to many Hibs games away from home in the 70,s or early 80,s in glasgow.In fact up to now? Or are you just a simpleton yourself?To my mind you must be if you think that your workmates are the standard people you get attending Old Firm games as home supporters.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor® View Post
    I know a few sound rantic fans too, I'm not a simpleton, but I'm comfortable with classing them collectively as vermin.
    Then you are a simpleton and comfortable to be one.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lEXO View Post
    Wow.arent you a smart arse.Did you go to many Hibs games away from home in the 70,s or early 80,s in glasgow.In fact up to now? Or are you just a simpleton yourself?To my mind you must be if you think that your workmates are the standard people you get attending Old Firm games as home supporters.
    No I am sure the 70 avid rantic fans I know in Glasgow aren't typical home supporters. What I think I'll do is jump on the weegie bashing bandwagon and assume they must all be tosspots.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    I also work in Glasgow and have to say that not all are Rangers or Celtic fans! Still a lot of Third Lanark and Clydebank sympathisers, Partick Thistle to name a few, but yes the vast majority are and for me it is the minority who are vermin however, perhaps if the majority did not vocally enhance the vermins persuasion then we may not need discuss this issue.

In my view, a lot of the trouble makers associated with the OF come from outside of Galsgow;

Wishaw
    Motherwell
    Hamilton
    Airdrie
    Bathgate
    Larkhall being most notable for its blue lawns and single Celtic fan!!
    Penicuik - The Red Hand of Ulster supporters bus!
    and all the little enclaves on the road into Glasgow!

My other half is from Wishaw. the trouble caused by sectariansm there is unbelievable!! Orange marches marching specifically through catholic areas and one day - I was there - right through the local chapel and of course, later that day the local catholic bhoys went on a rampage! As a non religious person - humanist - it is completely embarrassing and not necessary!

The colours are hoisted high and it is all based on Rangers and Celtic!!
    Fair and reasonable point. One can never lump people form one place together tho.

Left by mutual consent!
    Equally back in the 80s early 90s coming from Glasgow and saying I supported Hibs instantly brought the "your fans and casuals are mental". Thats lumping us together as a lot of us most of us are decent folk.

If you like it or not that stands for a huge amount of OF fans, 90% of my mates are OF fans and not vermin, good folk.

No I am sure the 70 avid rantic fans I know in Glasgow aren't typical home supporters. What I think I'll do is jump on the weegie bashing bandwagon and assume they must all be tosspots.
    Where did i say that? the original op did,nt say that either.Having been at away games for over 25 years and seen the **** we get in glasgow, i dont think it,s weegie bashing.It,s historically correct wether they come from glasgow, outskirts of glasgow, edinburgh,outskirts of edinburgh,northern ireland, etc. The facts are we get treated like **** full stop.Feel free to stick up for your west coast friends, but please spare us the simpleton insults if you dont like it back.
    Do you get the irony in your posts?You talk about not bashing the weegies, but call Hibbies, simpletons and use the crazy sign.Judas by name Judas by nature me thinks

Left by mutual consent!
    Where did i say that? the original op did,nt say that either.Having been at away games for over 25 years and seen the **** we get in glasgow, i dont think it,s weegie bashing.It,s historically correct wether they come from glasgow, outskirts of glasgow, edinburgh,outskirts of edinburgh,northern ireland, etc. The facts are we get treated like **** full stop.Feel free to stick up for your west coast friends, but please spare us the simpleton insults if you dont like it back.
    Do you get the irony in your posts?You talk about not bashing the weegies, but call Hibbies, simpletons and use the crazy sign.Judas by name Judas by nature me thinks
    The OF fans I know will tell you the same thing about visting ER over the years, many hate it and think much like some on here do about going to Glasgow.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsberg View Post
    The OF fans I know will tell you the same thing about visting ER over the years, many hate it and think much like some on here do about going to Glasgow.
    That,s fair do,s.But you,ve got their opinion, we,ve got our experience.The op i replied to has,nt given his experiences.His simpleton comments and crazy signs are easy to do(as well as insulting to Hibs fans) without giving a view,apart from defending his work mates.Given that calling someone a fenian or orange whatever at work is pretty unusual, or a sacking offence now.I would,nt base my work experiences as gospel on any football fans really.

Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post
    No-one is vermin for supporting another football team and whilst I have just advocated gassing Rangers fans in taxis on another thread it was in jest

I work with Rangers and Celtic fans in London, they're just people who got taken to the game by their dads
    So if their dad molested their sister would that make it ok for them to molest their daughter?

Left by mutual consent!
    That,s fair do,s.But you,ve got their opinion, we,ve got our experience.The op i replied to has,nt given his experiences.His simpleton comments and crazy signs are easy to do(as well as insulting to Hibs fans) without giving a view,apart from defending his work mates.Given that calling someone a fenian or orange whatever at work is pretty unusual, or a sacking offence now.I would,nt base my work experiences as gospel on any football fans really.
    Thats an experience for some I know also not only an opinion, same goes for Tynie they felt it was as bad.

@hibs.net private member
    I am calling peevmor a simpleton, based on the drivel I am hearing from him. I am not calling Hibs fans simpletons.

'course if you can't make your point effectively, you can always go for the predictable route and imply that I am not loyal or 'real Hibby.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Ultimately I think, that the casuals probably caused more trouble for the police than the average fan.

Thats an experience for some I know also not only an opinion, same goes for Tynie they felt it was as bad.
    Ok i take your point.I dont see that side of it as a home fan, as i go to the pub and dont come into much contact with of supporters at ER.Judas made the point of not weedgie bashing but came on and called a Hibbie a simpleton etc.What is your view on this?I,m just wondering if you get the irony in this, because he obviously does,nt.

@hibs.net private member
    Very true. I remember after the Hibs Rangers game 3-4 (the Duffy era) walking up ER dissapointed and I saw an old guy about 60 was walking steadily down ER with his head down.

A guy in his 30's about twice the height and weight of the old guy went up to him and punched him hard for no reason. I was sickened by it. It was pure oportunistic violence.

People are people.

I am calling peevmor a simpleton, based on the drivel I am hearing from him. I am not calling Hibs fans simpletons.

'course if you can't make your point effectively, you can always go for the predictable route and imply that I am not loyal or 'real Hibby.
    If you cant make your point effectively you use the word simpleton.The op gave his experience of hassle he,d had in the west.Much the same as a lot of other people have had.Good on you if your glasgow mates aren,t bigots, but that does,nt mean that their mates arent.Can,t remember him weegie bashing either just giving his experience.Does,nt make him any more or less a Hibby, or simpleton than you.Is this predictable enough for you.

Left by mutual consent!
    Ok i take your point.I dont see that side of it as a home fan, as i go to the pub and dont come into much contact with of supporters at ER.Judas made the point of not weedgie bashing but came on and called a Hibbie a simpleton etc.What is your view on this?I,m just wondering if you get the irony in this, because he obviously does,nt.
    Dont see the Irony at all, he thinks "a" Hibs fan is a simpleton, I think some Hibs fans are not even as good as simpletons. BTW i am not agreeing that the hibbie mentioned is a simpleton.

I've sung anti Glasgow songs and come out with anti Glasgow comments but people who really believe the stereotypes are short sighted.

Yes Hibs fans have been treated bad there, their police are a joke and there is a big knife culture but I know a lot of good people who support Celtic and even Rangers albeit they are a bit deluded when it comes to football. Of course the Jags fans are better stock in my opinion.

On the cazshie front the books are often fairly similar. The people most shocked or most outspoken aren't comparing what preceded the casuals rather what came after. To see the big picture you have to look at the football fan culture of the late 70s and early 80s in my opinion.

Dont see the Irony at all, he thinks "a" Hibs fan is a simpleton, I think some Hibs fans are not even as good as simpletons. BTW i am not agreeing that the hibbie mentioned is a simpleton.
    The irony in not jumping on the weegie bashing bandwagon, then jumping on the simpleton bandwagon.No need in my opinion

Left by mutual consent!
    The irony in not jumping on the weegie bashing bandwagon, then jumping on the simpleton bandwagon.No need in my opinion
    I dont think there is a bandwagon tbh, he has called a Hibbie a simpleton thats his choice, thats having a go at 1 person whom he has had contact with to form that view.
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 01-10-2009 at 10:00 PM.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Then you are a simpleton and comfortable to be one.
    Who the **** do you think you are to make that statement?

I googled "vermin + dictionary". Here is the definition of vermin given in the first result.

n. pl. vermin 1. Various small animals or insects, such as rats or cockroaches, that are destructive, annoying, or injurious to health.
    2. Animals that prey on game, such as foxes or weasels.
    3. a. A person considered loathsome or highly offensive.b. Such people considered as a group.
    As I said, I too know a few sound Rangers and Celtic fans, but taken collectively I find 3b to be pretty accurate.

Anyone trying to start a pro IRA song among the home support at Easter Road will quickly be shouted down by his fellow Hibs supporters - does this happen at Parkhead? Do Rangers still play pseudo flute band music before matches at Ibrox?

The fact is the old firm have flourished on the back of bigotry and even though there is probably a large proportion of 'decent' fans among their support, their silence and continued attendance serves as an endorsement of what's going on.

If you can't see that, then you're the one who has problems with comprehension.
    Last edited by Peevemor; 01-10-2009 at 10:00 PM.

We hate Gorgie and Glasgow.

End of story.

@hibs.net private member Andy Bee's Avatar
    Lol, the irony is that every contributor to this thread has kept bumpng it up to the main page, hence giving more limelight to the halfwits book, shame on the the lot of you

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bee View Post
    Lol, the irony is that every contributor to this thread has kept bumpng it up to the main page, hence giving more limelight to the halfwits book, shame on the the lot of you
    And you then for helping the bump

Quote Originally Posted by Fantic View Post
    We hate Gorgie and Glasgow.

End of story.
    What about Hibs fans from Gorgie and Glasgow?

@hibs.net private member
    With respect, you are losing your way and beginning to drone.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor® View Post
    Who the **** do you think you are to make that statement?

I googled "vermin + dictionary". Here is the definition of vermin given in the first result.

As I said, I too know a few sound Rangers and Celtic fans, but taken collectively I find 3b to be pretty accurate.

Anyone trying to start a pro IRA song among the home support at Easter Road will quickly be shouted down by his fellow Hibs supporters - does this happen at Parkhead? Do Rangers still play pseudo flute band music before matches at Ibrox?

The fact is the old firm have flourished on the back of bigotry and even though there is probably a large proportion of 'decent' fans among their support, their silence and continued attendance serves as an endorsement of what's going on.

If you can't see that, then you're the one who has problems with comprehension.
    Ha ah he ha ha ! He posted a dictionary definition for vermin. Now that is funny.

Last edited by judas; 02-10-2009 at 07:13 PM.

It was all a long time ago and for what its worth I think that the press would love to see the old footie violence back on the agenda.

That sort of stuff makes for increased circulation and gives the press the chance to take the moral high ground without even blushing at the fact that they love it really and in a way even perpetuate it.

What football violence really did was give the likes of Thatcher the chance to put the boot into what was at that time still a mainly working class activity that she couldn't for the life of her understand.

As a result of the changes to football that she for the most part caused it became acceptable for the middle classes, especially in England, to say they liked football without their peers taking the pee.

The net outcome being that it became cool for the big money men, who previously couldnt have cared less about the game, to buy football clubs instead of private islands and why sky will pay billions to the EPL when before it would have been millions.

Thats also why it costs £1000 for a Chelsea season ticket instead of £300. Because the middle classes can afford that sort of cash, and as long as they are prepared pay the game will milk them for all they are worth.

But ..... If the middle classes current love affair with the game ever dies there will be a lot of clubs with 75,000 and 60,000 seat stadiums who are going to look very stupid when they are playing in front of 20 - 30,000 every week.

Ha ah he ha ha ! He posted a dictionary definition for vermin. Now that is funny.

Maybe time to gie it a rest eh ..

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CENNYDD
    Having lived in the west for most of my life it would be fair to say I know a few OF fans. The vast majority of them are decent folks that I am pleased to call friends. The one observation I would make is that they are hones hard working people that cannot get tickets for matches for love nor money, whereas the unemployed "buckie brigade" all seem to have season tickets is that all about and until that changes the OF will always be the same.

As a kid through the 80's I never missed games home or away and the only real trouble I can remember is the CS incident at ER. MAybe because we were not traveling with the majority of the support we missed a lot

If you cant make your point effectively you use the word simpleton.The op gave his experience of hassle he,d had in the west.Much the same as a lot of other people have had.Good on you if your glasgow mates aren,t bigots, but that does,nt mean that their mates arent.Can,t remember him weegie bashing either just giving his experience.Does,nt make him any more or less a Hibby, or simpleton than you.Is this predictable enough for you.
    Does not mean they are either.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    The vermin term is one beloved of kickback to describe and dehumanise the entire Hibs support. Unacceptable when applied to us and equally unacceptable when applied to the support of another club, no matter who they are. All in my ever so humble opinion of course.