hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Gangster asked me to 'do in' Scotland footballer, reveals notorious Hibs hooligan

Some story in the Daily Record today regarding Andy Blance, who gained infamy as part of the Hibs gang the Capital City Service, or CCS.

He has a book out in which he tells how he turned into a fully-fledged criminal.

Wonder who the international player was.

Full story below.

"A SCOTTISH football star faced death threats over a £300,000 debt to a notorious crime godfather.
    Soccer thug Andy Blance yesterday revealed he was asked to "do in" the international player by a drug kingpin.
    But he refused because the player was a pal. Blance, jailed for five years for smashing an axe through the head of a rival, had been asked to call in the debt earlier this year.
    But the Hibs-supporting hooligan says it would have been "madness" to try to attack the star player he had known for years.
    Blance, 42, gained infamy as part of the violent Hibs gang the Capital City Service, or CCS. In a new book, he tells how he turned into a fully-fledged criminal.
    He revealed: "Recently, I took a call from a well-known gangster. He was looking for a guy who had f****d him about, probably over payment for drugs.
    "That guy just happened to be a Scotland internationalist.
    "For obvious reasons, I can't name him, or even the clubs he has played for, but I hope he managed to make his peace with the gangster, who is not someone you would want to mess with."
    He added: "I was asked if I could 'call-in' the debt. Obviously, we all know what that means. The player was facing a severe doing or even worse. But I refused point blank.
    "Obviously, there are others out there who won't hesitate to use violence against a Scotland player if they are paid enough. It should be a major worry for the player.
    "I will never say who this player is. The secret is safe with me."
    Blance has been pictured in the past with pals such as Celtic's Scott Brown and Rangers' Kevin Thomson. The Record can confirm neither player was involved in the "death threat" incident.
    Blance reveals all about his criminal past, terrace thuggery and jail terms in Hibs Boy: The Life And Violent Times Of Scotland's Most Notorious Football Hooligan.
    His gang became a criminal organisation, running protection, security and shoplifting rings. And he got five years in jail in 1991 for the axe attack on a pub bouncer in Dunfermline, Fife.
    In the book, Blance says: "Some players had more destructive and expensive tastes. I am not just talking here about Hibs players - I have enjoyed nights out with players from a range of Scottish clubs.
    "For these guys fame and fortune and the adulation of football fans isn't enough. I am talking here about cocaine."
    "Itmust havewreaked havoc with their bodies. But there was a more dangerous side-effect - the people it brought them into contact with."
    Harm
    Blance also claims his gang plotted against the late Hearts chairman Wallace Mercer after he tried to take over Hibs in 1989.
    He said: "I am not saying we would have killed him but we had contingency plans to do him serious harm. I better just leave it at that."
    He is now a friend of Trainspotting author Irvine Welsh, who writes the forward for the book.
    Last night, Blance said of his thug life: "That is all in the past now. I have three sons and try to stay on the straight and narrow. I'm not proud of what I did."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...6908-21691661/

2. Log in to remove the advert

And we think Yogi has major problems with Deeks and Stokes !!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not who i'm thinking of, surely?
    Why who are you thinking of

And dont call me Shirley

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    I really don't think that sort of speculation is either useful or fair. Probably best to keep your thoughts to yourselves?

Last night, Blance said of his thug life: "That is all in the past now. I have three sons and try to stay on the straight and narrow. I'm not proud of what I did." Aye so I will just write a book about it...........

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    This sort of thing just gives me the dry boak.

And why is it always the Daily Record or Scottish Sunday Mail that carries this type of drivel ?

These stories all seem to end the same way, ' I'm not proud of what I did', ' I'm a family man now ', ' I'm a changed person now, help old grannies accross the road and run a home for stray three legged kittens '.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar

Thumbs Down

Maybe me just being picky but three words immediately spring to mind when reading this. ****bag, ****bag and ****bag. There were plenty irate posters on when it looked like there were casuals who went down Blackburn looking to tarnish our club and colours. Don't see why printing this bio-tripe from a violent coward is any different.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Dont think it says the Kt and SB played alongside this player it says :

Blance has been pictured in the past with pals such as Celtic's Scott Brown and Rangers' Kevin Thomson. The Record can confirm neither player was involved in the "death threat" incident.

i have a incling its a player who used to play international (but spat the dummy )

I've never understood why knuckle-draggers are given the platform to, firstly, air and glorify their antics and then profit from them!

The media, particularly since films like Football Factory, Green Street and the Danny Dyer documentary series, seem to think we must all harbour respect for these idiots.

As far as I'm concerned they have no place at Easter Road. Hibernian Football Club should be about the football, not an avenue for some plastic gangsters to play the big man.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    What a fun "family paper" it is...

So we are seeing a resurgence of hooliganism again?
    The media wouldn't fuel it would they?

Is there any common theme - high unemployment amongst younger age groups and perhaps the "originals" looking for a bit of nostalgia?

Anyway one of those curiosities it seems. People up in arms but more often than not folks looking for little tidbits on incidents.

But the violence wreaks havoc - a guy at school witnessed the Hibs-Aberdeen petrol bomb incident on Princes street and was paid house "visits" when the game came up. Wonder if Blanche's book covers much about the innocent victims and their views - probably not...

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    What abt the player TM tried to help but eventualy punted

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Supergogs
    FFS. This guy's heyday was back in the early 90s. He's 42 now, and one of the original CCS crew. It's clearly not anyone from any recent generation of players.

I think it's pretty obvious which early 90s Hibs player bampot case turned Scotland star bigger bampot case it is we're talking about here...

Can I apply a new word I picked up from the Tesco - Jedi story and call his behaviour twuntish?

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Perspective View Post
    I've never understood why knuckle-draggers are given the platform to, firstly, air and glorify their antics and then profit from them!

The media, particularly since films like Football Factory, Green Street and the Danny Dyer documentary series, seem to think we must all harbour respect for these idiots.

As far as I'm concerned they have no place at Easter Road. Hibernian Football Club should be about the football, not an avenue for some plastic gangsters to play the big man.
    Maybe its the fact that there is a demand for these types of books, films and stories as there are many hundreds of thousands up and down the UK that can relate to it as opposed to 'giving respect'. Where there's demand there will be supply.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonR View Post
    FFS. This guy's heyday was back in the early 90s. He's 42 now, and one of the original CCS crew. It's clearly not anyone from any recent generation of players.

I think it's pretty obvious which early 90s Hibs player bampot case turned Scotland star bigger bampot case it is we're talking about here...
    I think the clue is in the word Recently

"He revealed: "Recently, I took a call from a well-known gangster. He was looking for a guy who had f****d him about, probably over payment for drugs.
    "That guy just happened to be a Scotland internationalist"

Could you all please be careful about what you post up here. Contrary to popular belief adding 'allegedly' to an accusation does not offer the site any legal protection.

Thanks.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar

I think the clue is in the report where AB uses the word "recently" so you can rule out Andy Goram. AB would be on first name terms with the majority of Hibs players from the last 20 years, including the recent and current generation.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir

He was asked to do this earlier this year, the article reports. It also mentions 'current' internationalist.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by loko View Post
    Quite a few to choose from there then... 1/4 of the Rangers team for starters in fact if you include Duncan Ferguson they have a bit of a tradition there (although I could kinda see his point but any bloke that goes into a nightclub wearing a single glove and an single earring should not really be taken that seriously).
    as marinello said we cant go about naming people for things but your on the right tracks

disclaimor notice: im meerly stating an opinion and in no way shape or form naming or saying i know players done this or that etc.

can i also ask why everyone seems to think it was/is a ex hibs player?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Supergogs
    Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    I think the clue is in the word Recently

"He revealed: "Recently, I took a call from a well-known gangster. He was looking for a guy who had f****d him about, probably over payment for drugs.
    "That guy just happened to be a Scotland internationalist"

Oops.

Ah well, in that case, history must be repeating itself. There was definitely one well-known (but very talented) Hibs player back then who moved to "one of the big Glasgow clubs" (shall we politely say) and was supposed to be on pocket money wages there when his new club had to pay off some "colourful Glasgow business characters" (shall we also politely say) to prevent him getting malkied over unpaid gambling debts.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baw187 View Post
    He was asked to do this earlier this year, the article reports. It also mentions 'current' internationalist.
    Where?

He recently took a call. Doesn't say anything anywhere in the article about how recently the player was a 'star' or international.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Oops.

Ah well, in that case, history must be repeating itself. There was definitely one well-known (but very talented) Hibs player back then who moved to "one of the big Glasgow clubs" (shall we politely say) and was supposed to be on pocket money wages there when his new club had to pay off some "colourful Glasgow business characters" (shall we also politely say) to prevent him getting malkied over unpaid gambling debts.
    ... it could also be that hibs themselves had previously bailed him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Baw187 View Post
    I think the use of the word "current" and "recent" depend on the context. If they are taken from the (ahem) historical account in his (ahem) memoirs then they need to be taken in the context of the time no?

No intention of reading the thing so dont really care.

In the interests of clarity my posts about who it could be based on criteria if its legally contentious then admins please remove.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Where?

He recently took a call. Doesn't say anything anywhere in the article about how recently the player was a 'star' or international.
    Fair enough... must have just been my interpetation.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Where?

The article says

That guy just happened to be a Scotland internationalist.

I would read that as being current otherwise it would have (or should have) said ex-Scotland internationalist.

But who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Perspective View Post

Left by mutual consent!
    Not that I suggest turning a blind eye to such stuff, but to me there's a lot of possible problems can arise from either someone in the know trying to direct the topic or alternatively, someone who has no idea just joining in for the sake of it with some made-up ideas of those involved.

It's not a bunch of Lithuanian dafties we're talking about here, this is heavy stuff and police will be monitoring all sorts of forums - so IMHO posters should consider very carefully what they post, stirring or not.

any problems

Give me a ring

Donald Findlay

666-1690

Yet again I have a post removed for no known reason I never named any names that could have brought any bother to the site, so why was it deleted?

I could see the point if I was shouting names from the roof tops, but I didn't

Quote Originally Posted by Toaods View Post
    Not that I suggest turning a blind eye to such stuff, but to me there's a lot of possible problems can arise from either someone in the know trying to direct the topic or alternatively, someone who has no idea just joining in for the sake of it with some made-up ideas of those involved.

It's not a bunch of Lithuanian dafties we're talking about here, this is heavy stuff and police will be monitoring all sorts of forums - so IMHO posters should consider very carefully what they post, stirring or not.

any problems

Give me a ring

Donald Findlay

666-1690

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    Maybe its the fact that there is a demand for these types of books, films and stories as there are many hundreds of thousands up and down the UK that can relate to it as opposed to 'giving respect'. Where there's demand there will be supply.
    What exactly can they relate to?

Surely people don't get nostalgic for the violence.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    Yet again I have a post removed for no known reason I never named any names that could have brought any bother to the site, so why was it deleted?

I could see the point if I was shouting names from the roof tops, but I didn't
    To be fair, your description narrowed it down a fair bit - to like one person !!

I think it's probably best removed for everyone's sake.