hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar

Smith and Boyd - why?

Highlights of the Killiemarnock-Huns match showed Smith and Boyd screaming loud and continued abuse at the ref after he gave Mendes a yellow card for a quite clearly bookable offence. His first yellow seemed also to be absolutely justifiable.

These two huns in particular seem as deluded as anyone over at the PBS in that they think their club can do whatever the **** they want without any adverse consequences whatsoever.

What's the matter inside their heads? Not grey shirley.

2. Log in to remove the advert

They are both huns.

HTH

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Flynn74
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanV View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They are both huns.

HTH
    Case closed, Mr Holmes.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Mendes should never have been sent off - nor should Pasqualli (?).

If it had been Cregg or Zouma booked twice for similar fouls, I imagine Yogi and the rest of the Hibs bench would be less than pleased too.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Smith and Boyd - Chicken or egg?

Quote Originally Posted by BryanV View Post
    They are both huns.
    Indeed. But do they think and behave like that because they're huns (in other words, has being huns made them the :asshole::asshole: they are today?), or were they always :asshole::asshole: and just inevitably gravitated, as their careers progressed, to a place where they would fit perfectly (the hunnery)?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post

If it had been Cregg or Zouma booked twice for similar fouls, I imagine Yogi and the rest of the Hibs bench would be less than pleased too.
    Disagree, i thought he got both spot on, although the rest of the game he was bloody hopeless. Boyd is absolutely ****in useless, and goes around thinking he's some sort of hard man, Smith is the same, defending the undefendable, pushing his weight around. Remember his actions against Mixu when one of their players halved Gatheussi in two. The whole club think they are above the law, **** the lot of them.

Mendes should never have been sent off
    Well his first tackle was at shirt height and his second chopped the Killiemarnock boy as he was going clear. Perhaps you take the view, as Smith does, that only 'malicious' fouls are genuine offences:

“I didn't feel that either foul was particularly nasty,” he said. “His first foul was probably the first foul of the game so I didn’t think there was any particular need for that course of action. His second foul wasn't a malicious one. We've had two orderings off in a game where there wasn’t much in it at all."

When did huns decide to change the rules so that only malicious cheating is cheating?

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar

They were all clear cut to me.

Opinions eh.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Give the poor Huns a break, they've had 3 players sent off this season already - they're simply not used to being treated harshly (in other words, not getting away with EVERYTHING).

It must be a real culture shock.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    What about Mcgregor constantly barging into strikers when about to launch the ball upfield and going irate at the ref to get the player booked? WTF is that all about? according to super Ally he does it all the time!.

Wotw ould Smith be saying if that was one of his players on the receiving end of the 2 tackles. First one caught the boy around waist high and the second one was knee high...

Smith GTF double standards....both blatant yellow cards if I have every seen one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Disagree, i thought he got both spot on, although the rest of the game he was bloody hopeless. Boyd is absolutely ****in useless, and goes around thinking he's some sort of hard man, Smith is the same, defending the undefendable, pushing his weight around. Remember his actions against Mixu when one of their players halved Gatheussi in two. The whole club think they are above the law, **** the lot of them.
    I don't think Conroy is a great ref but can't see what the fuss is about. We've had several players given straight reds for mistimed, non malicious tackles, Riordan & Morais leap to mind. Nish's ordering off the week previously was far more contentious but surprisingly the weegie media ignored that one.
    Re bold above, I would love to have seen Boyd up against one of the old time centre halves, Big John McNamee anyone!!