hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any Positives From Our 3-0 Victory?

C'mon you miserable bunch!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    We scored 3 goals.... and might have scored 20 if we actually played football?

First Team Breakthrough glenn6270's Avatar
    aye
    stokes played well and scored 2

The most obvious one is Stokes is now off the mark, these 2 goals will give him a huge lift and lets hope its the first of many more in the coming weeks.

Also believe that the competition between him and Riordan will inspire them to score plenty between them this season, providing they don't stop passing to each other.

They have the potential to be the top scoring partnership in the SPL and that includes the OF.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thought the pitch was looking good today, and it is nice to see the backroom staff kitted out in smart co-ordinated outfits.

The half time announcer managed to only make one sexist remark when Hibs ladies were on.

Quite afew from where I was sitting.

Paul Hanlon for one!! Thought the lad put in a cracking shift!!

Wotherspoon had a great game again, I can see this laddie having a big future in the game!

Stokes put in a good performance. I think he still has a way to go before he's fully fit and banging them in, but his work rate was top notch in the second half.

Quite liked the look of Murray and Bamba as a CB pairing. I think big Sol is due afew car crash moments over the season, but with Murray there to back him up I think we can get away with it until Barr Signs!

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    >Bamba and Murray were solid
    >We kept a clean sheet
    >We scored 3 goals
    >Stokes is off the mark
    >Zemmama is back
    >Galbraith looks exciting

Is that enough?

Ok it wasnt the best of wins, but surely a 3-0 win against anyone in our league is a good result. Well done Hibees!!

Positives - Stokes getting his first goals / no bookings / didn't play well but did pick ourselves up after a shocking start / Bamba (usually) / Murray / okay debut for Miller / better than a slap with a wet kipper etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought the pitch was looking good today, and it is nice to see the backroom staff kitted out in smart co-ordinated outfits.

The half time announcer managed to only make one sexist remark when Hibs ladies were on.
    Think there were two actually: one oblique reference to wet T shirts, if I heard properly, and one highly unoriginal 'joke' along the lines of "don't take your shirt off to celebrate, now" (in paternalistic tone!).

Still, the announcer must be only about 45, so he's young yet.............
    Last edited by Sas_The_Hibby; 19-09-2009 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Grammar!!

Quote Originally Posted by Russdoorsfan71 View Post
    Quite liked the look of Murray and Bamba as a CB pairing. I think big Sol is due afew car crash moments over the season, but with Murray there to back him up I think we can get away with it until Barr Signs!
    Agree they looked good together. Although I think Bamba is better than Barr by a country mile!

I thought Hanlon played well, Murray was solid at the back, we kept our first clean sheet of the season (in the SPL) and Stokes is off the mark.

We will also play a lot better than that at some point in the season and lose the match.

After last week's debacle, I'm just pleased to be getting back to winning ways and to score three goals.

Granted, it wasn't the best performance you'll ever see but you have to be happy with a 3-0 victory.

Bamba was cockgrabbingly good today, a very assured performance.

Miller will be a great player when fully fit.

Stokes was blowing bubbles out his arse after an hour again but got the goals which is what he's there for.

Galbraith is gonna become a big player for us this season if we stick with 4-4-2.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    I thought McBride was very good today. Really happy with his performance and role in the team.

Miller has an assuredness and poise that reflects why he has played at the level he has previously. He'll be good for us, I'm confident of that.

Wotherspoon continues to show some lovely touches and Rankin contributed well.

Good finishes from the strikers and hopefully they wll develop as a partnership.

Defence would have been punished by better finishing but they still showed up well for good periods of the game. Bamba in particular was authoritative, and Murray could be a good partner for him.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Aye a few. Miller showed some nice touches,Bamba and murray played well,Wotherspoon showed well again.Oh and the fact Maka might not be as bad as some think.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    C'mon you miserable bunch!
    Hogg was dropped and Murray played very well.A bit like the Murray of old covering,tackling,I'm sure it was him who cleared off the line when Stack was frozen to the spot yet again when a cross came over...Miller played well, Galbraith looked promising,Bamba was excellent. That's about it for me. The first two goals were pieces of individual skill but generally there wasn't much fluidity and we could have been a few down in the first 15 mins.

Coaching Staff
    Positives- give Stokes and Riordan the service, they will score goals.

Miller has the ability (when fit) to run midfield.

Hanlon and Wotherspoon have great potential, need to ensure this is fully developed.

Bamba and Murray could be a good CH pairing (although I'd like to see Bamba in midfield).

Zemmama - please let him start. Fit him in.

Negatives - full backs, not sorted.

Midfield - who's doing what? Where's the balance?

Strikers - if Stack is going to hoof every ball aimlessly up the park, who's getting on the end of it (not Nish, please God!)?

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye...® View Post
    I thought McBride was very good today. Really happy with his performance and role in the team.

Miller has an assuredness and poise that reflects why he has played at the level he has previously. He'll be good for us, I'm confident of that.

Wotherspoon continues to show some lovely touches and Rankin contributed well.

Good finishes from the strikers and hopefully they wll develop as a partnership.

Defence would have been punished by better finishing but they still showed up well for good periods of the game. Bamba in particular was authoritative, and Murray could be a good partner for him.
    Eh?? I must have been watching a different game. I thought Rankin conrobuted nothing whatsoever!!! Opinions eh?

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Eh?? I must have been watching a different game. I thought Rankin conrobuted nothing whatsoever!!! Opinions eh?
    Two bits that stood out for me were in the first half - one where we had decent possession and had moved up then gave it away. Rankin had taken up a good position and made what I thought was an important challenge to win the ball back, stop them breaking and maintain the attack. He also had a cracking cross shortly afterward that outshone most of his teammates' efforts at putting a ball in and deserved someone doing something with it. Usual commitment and workrate from him otherwise.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Nish was not playing

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    Strikers - if Stack is going to hoof every ball aimlessly up the park, who's getting on the end of it (not Nish, please God!)?
    Apart from one inglorious punt into the West Upper I didn't think Stack's kicking was at all bad (and I'm more of a Maka fan!).

His kicks up the middle were usually near enough for Stokes to challenge for and the kicks out right were pretty consistently in the same place (and had a couple of players waiting to challenge for so I assume it was deliberate).

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye...® View Post
    Two bits that stood out for me were in the first half - one where we had decent possession and had moved up then gave it away. Rankin had taken up a good position and made what I thought was an important challenge to win the ball back, stop them breaking and maintain the attack. He also had a cracking cross shortly afterward that outshone most of his teammates' efforts at putting a ball in and deserved someone doing something with it. Usual commitment and workrate from him otherwise.
    I don't think that's really good enough in 90 mins - we can't retain possession in midfield - ok some of that is due to the strikers not being able to keep hold of the ball but I'd like to see him contributing a lot more when he has the ball.

Thought all/most played well today as individuals. Just never really worked as a team!

But I think/hope it will come. We have better players this year than last. Just need to time to gel.

Hanlon, McCormack, Wotherspoon - all very young guys with not many games under their belt. Miller has had 20 mins before today. Murray and Bamba first time together.

Stokes and Riordan. First time together I think as a pair.

Scored 3. Lost 0. Progress each week. We'll be a good team by November I reckon.

And a really strong bench as well.

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar
    Biggest positive from today was the strength of the bench, for the first time in a long time if ever we have a good squad after the first 11 to13 players. Think this will be good for rest of season but it needs to be managed well. YOGI take note

Quote Originally Posted by Sas_The_Hibby View Post
    Think there were two actually: one oblique reference to wet T shirts, if I heard properly, and one highly unoriginal 'joke' along the lines of "don't take your shirt off to celebrate, now" (in paternalistic tone!).

Still, the announcer must be only about 45, so he's young yet.............
    I long for the day we get rid of that guy. Sadly I reckon he'll find it hard to draw himself away from the limelight.

On the field, it was strange in that it was a poorish performance but there were a lot of positive signs. Miller, Stokes, Galbraith, Hanlon, Bamba and Murray showed some good stuff and Deeks scored another good goal.

I'm sure we'll develop a playing style soon but the team is undergoing quite a big facelift so we'll need to be a bit patient.

Blog Entries

yup.....was there and he ran his arse off.Great performance today

opinions eh ?

We got three points? Would have to think that would be the biggest positive in most wins.

I had a nice comfy seat for once

Quote Originally Posted by jabis View Post
    [/B]

yup.....was there and he ran his arse off.Great performance today

opinions eh ?
    Not really. Lost his mark (Chris Miller) time and again. Sucked into the back four. Maybe he fancies himself as a centre half. Certainly not a midfielder.

As you say, opinions.

Testimonial Due Ravelston Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post

What's up with you these days FR????

You seem a bit obsessively grumpy ma'man!!????

First Team Breakthrough .SeventyFive's Avatar
    Murray. Was just solid as usual.

Was thinking today; he just strikes me as a CB who would have played in the 50's. 'Short back and sides' hairstyle, tucked in shirt and simply efficient. Want you want from a defender.