hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member goosano's Avatar

The worst 3-0 win ever?

Just in-that was murder. Thank goodness for some quality finishing

Saints had 2 or 3 times the chances and somehow contrived not to score. I think we won about 5% of headers all game. The midget midfield got outplayed and overran. McCormack and Hanlon looked vulnerable

Pluses were an assured performance from Wotherspoon 3 quality strikes and a cameo from Galbraith-he looks pacy and a great prospect

Never felt so embarrassed to come away with a 3-0 win

I predict a hard night on Tuesday

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Eh wait the noo..

We scored 3 and they failed to score, aye?

They did have some chances yes, but who else in the league have strikers in the same class as ours?!

That's the difference!!

I'm happy with today, Yogi is still finding his best team..

Lets save the moaning for when we get beat 3-0 at home, maybe aye?

not slating you, mate but I'm sure rangers would have taken an ugly 1-0 victory today because come the end of May, it doesn't matter a jot. i'd rather take a scrappy 3-0 than watching us lose 1-0 whilst playing pretty fitba.

Points mean prizes and all that ****

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    A win is a win but we were rank rotten in the first 20 mins.
    Still , ill take 3-0 anyday
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Number_10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eh wait the noo..

They did have some chances yes, but who else in the league have strikers in the same class as ours?!

That's the difference!!

Totally agree.Never unhappy at winning 3-0,regardless of the performance.

@hibs.net private member surreyhibbie's Avatar
    Looked good from here!

Appreciate what you are saying guys, but we have the points on the board and have time to get the defence sorted out.
    Alcohol IS the answer, but I forget the question...

We must be the only fans that would complain about a 3-0 win.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    This. Apart from the first twenty minutes, after stokes got his first i thought we were fairly in control and they really weren't that threatening.

They applied a bit of pressure towards the end but really didn't create too many completely open chances.

Overall i'm coming away quite happy with that game!

Could be an interesting season as sounds like Rangers and Celtic aren't really performing. It's points that count and sounds like Hibs need to get the midfield and defence sorted but great that Stokes has found the back of the net

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YehButNo But View Post
    We must be the only fans that would complain about a 3-0 win.
    3-0!

No Hibs class!

Quote Originally Posted by Number_10 View Post
    Eh wait the noo..

That's the difference!!

Spot on. Quality counts.

@hibs.net private member Hibby Cam's Avatar
    Agree with both sides on this post, but i suppose a wins a win, we have lost these games in the past playing better

I think the point Goosano was making was that the 3-0 win flattered us and that we've got more than a few problems to deal with. And I agree.

Of course I'd rather we played poorly and won than played poorly and lost but we need to 'up the ante' if we're going to stay toward the top of the league.

Also agree it's early days: I think the midfield will improve and our strikers will get us more than a few goals but I fear for our defence. Having said that, I thought Bamba and Murray had some very good moments. However, we were 'all at sea' too often when crosses came in. Still need another decent central defender.

3 great goals and a clean sheet, i'll take that every week!

Saints must be scratching their heads on the way back.(Except they will probably miss).

Quote Originally Posted by Sas_The_Hibby View Post
    I think the point Goosano was making was that the 3-0 win flattered us and that we've got more than a few problems to deal with. And I agree.

Of course I'd rather we played poorly and won than played poorly and lost but we need to 'up the ante' if we're going to stay toward the top of the league.

Also agree it's early days: I think the midfield will improve and our strikers will get us more than a few goals but I fear for our defence. Having said that, I thought Bamba and Murray had some very good moments. However, we were 'all at sea' too often when crosses came in. Still need another decent central defender.
    Some fair points, and i think most of us see the same problems.But being embarressed about winning 3-0, never. I would hope we go to 4-4-2 at some point as i think this will help with the problem of crosses coming in.Also would give us better balance to our midfield,as we would,nt be over ran as much at times.Just a thought

3-0 at home without playing well........

Sounds like the sound of champions to me...

Quote Originally Posted by lEXO View Post
    Some fair points, and i think most of us see the same problems.But being embarressed about winning 3-0, never. I would hope we go to 4-4-2 at some point as i think this will help with the problem of crosses coming in.Also would give us better balance to our midfield,as we would,nt be over ran as much at times.Just a thought
    I'll still avoid Perth for a few days.........................

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy Mac View Post

Well I don't mean to brag.... but don't clubs like Chelsea and Man Utd do the same thing quite alot?..... not getting carried away likes.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Mac View Post

Oh go on, don't be modest. just say it: we'll be Champions of Europe within two years!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I'll take that on Tuesday

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Yogi OUT!!!

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    We were lucky that St Johnstone didn't have their shooting boots on today, especially in the first 15 minutes.

However, we scored 3 goals, kept a clean sheet and at times there was some signs of football being played. Can't really complain too much

Quote Originally Posted by deano88 View Post
    Yogi OUT!!!
    Mixu IN!

Left by mutual consent! PC Stamp's Avatar
    St Johnstone did the same as Hamilton did last week and got right in our faces early on. The difference was that this time we coped a lot better with it. OK, they had a couple of chances particularly the one that hit the bar ... but that's fitba'. You get nothing for hitting the bar except in crossbar challenge!!!

You don't put it in the pokey, you don't win games. Stokes then scored with a piece of real opportunist striking and thereafter I felt Saints heads dropped a little. Riordan's goal was pretty much identical to Stokes and I thought killed the game off. That was a huge difference. Our strikers were clinical and their's weren't. Quality strikers help win games.

Yes we can play much more fluently but I'll take that sort of win every week.

The team has still to gell, but that will come together through games. Yes, we could have had another Hamilton on our hands had Saints take their early chances, but the confidence grew and we were obviously trying to keep something back for Tuesday once we got the (undeserved) two goal lead.

Thought Miller was very good today, stood in front of Morris and nulified his threat, as everything Saints do goes through him. Yes, we bought him as a flair player, but he sacrificed that side of his game for the good of team.

For Saints it'll be a long season. Playing well and not picking up points is not a good sign. For us, playing poorly and picking up points is. We have the strikers (esp now Stokes is of his mark) to win such games without playing well, particularly at home. I'm really looking forward to when we start putting the passing game together.

Quote Originally Posted by PC Stamp® View Post
    St Johnstone did the same as Hamilton did last week and got right in our faces early on. The difference was that this time we coped a lot better with it. OK, they had a couple of chances particularly the one that hit the bar ... but that's fitba'. You get nothing for hitting the bar except in crossbar challenge!!!

You don't put it in the pokey, you don't win games. Stokes then scored with a piece of real opportunist striking and thereafter I felt Saints heads dropped a little. Riordan's goal was pretty much identical to Stokes and I thought killed the game off.
    The difference being that our strikers were clinical and their's weren't. Quality strikers help win games.

Yes we can play much more fluently but I'll take that sort of win every week.
    True, but had theirs BEEN clinical we would have been sunk after 15 minutes. I'm happy to not play great and win every week but that ain't gonna happen (ref. Hamilton last week).

Truth is we're missing Jones and haven't replaced him. I'm sure Yogi and the Board would have liked to have done so but were unable to. I'm not blaming them. However it is just a fact that we have problems in defence at present.

HOWEVER a 3-0 win does still make it a good Saturday evening!

It's encouraging that we have 3 wins under our belts and have yet to put in a really good performance this season.

We won but it was still a poor game, the goals were all very well taken, Bamba is a delight to watch, Miller looks the business and Galbraith looks a cracking prospect. The system today was complicated but once the midfield took some form of shape it seemed ok.

You could tell after about an hour the win was safe as it was simply one of those days for St Johnstone, abysmal finishing. My only major gripe today was the goalkeeper who made having nothing to do look like a complicated job. Early days yet and all that I suppose so ho hum.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post

We noticeably stepped up a gear as the half wore on though, with improved passing and sustained possession. It looked like we could play a lot better still.

Some decent performances out there today I thought, particularly in midfield.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    Well I don't mean to brag.... but don't clubs like Chelsea and Man Utd do the same thing quite alot?..... not getting carried away likes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sas_The_Hibby View Post
    Oh go on, don't be modest. just say it: we'll be Champions of Europe within two years!