hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

(NHC) Gary Caldwell

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    He'll be emptied.

1 player that Hibs would never take back.

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SidBurns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    agree sid...the worlds gone mad if anyone pays him £18k a week for trying to play football.....
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

Quote Originally Posted by SidBurns View Post
    Less the "a doodle doo"

The way Lego Man comes across you would think Real Madrid, Man United and Inter were all banging on his door with contracts.

Despite some Hibs fans thinking that Caldwell is pish (which IMHO is more down to the manner of his departure), you don't win multiple POTY awards for being a huddy. He's far from world class but he's one of the best defenders in the SPL right now.

He's playing a dangerous game though. I'd imagine that the Soapies will turn on him now.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Who does this guy think he is?!!

Some of the stuff he comes out with in the press is astonishing.

If I was Lawwell I'd be on the phone to him telling him to pack his bags because he's going on loan to Cowdenbeath.

After the start to the season this clown has had? Red cards, Own goals, mistakes galore! He'll be lucky if he gets £1.8k, nevermind £18-£20k!!!

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Despite some Hibs fans thinking that Caldwell is pish (which IMHO is more down to the manner of his departure), you don't win multiple POTY awards for being a huddy. He's far from world class but he's one of the best defenders in the SPL right now.

He's playing a dangerous game though. I'd imagine that the Soapies will turn on him now.
    By SPL standards he's doing OK, but he has a vastly inflated opinion of his abilities judging by the stuff he comes out with. You'd think a few OGs and sendings-off of late would have taught him some humility but he continues in the same arrogant vein. I find him extremely irritating.

I agree but that just goes to show how bad the SPL is at the moment!

Blog Entries
    In the Scotsman he says he fancies Celtic to win the Europa Cup. He goes on to say that the UEFA CUP was a diddy competition which nobody really tried to win and therefore put out weakened teams to rest their players. But this year according to the idiot the new format is similar to the Champions League and has somevery good teams in it. It's a better competition...............well of course Gary, Celtic are in it. God I pray they get cuffed tonight.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    In the Scotsman he says he fancies Celtic to win the Europa Cup. He goes on to say that the UEFA CUP was a diddy competition which nobody really tried to win and therefore put out weakened teams to rest their players. But this year according to the idiot the new format is similar to the Champions League and has somevery good teams in it. It's a better competition...............well of course Gary, Celtic are in it. God I pray they get cuffed tonight.
    Is it on TV?

I think his mistakes alone probably used to cost us around 10 points a season under Mowbray. Its nothing to do with the manner of his departure IMO, he was just awful.

"If the club say that's too much then I think they are kidding themselves on that they can pay others a lot more than they can pay me. That's their opinion of me as a footballer and we have to move on."

Yeap, telling his employers they are kidding themselves, that's going to help his case. He'll be accepting a wage cut to stay there before the season is over.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody1985 View Post
    Is it on TV?
    Don't think so.

Everton v AEK on FIVE starting 7.30pm
    and
    Fulham v CSKA Sofia on ITV4 starting at 5.30pm.

Go to www.kerrydalestreet.co.uk and read the "Heid" thread.

The man is a complete tool and the sooner this imposter gets hunted the better.

And to think you lot complain when we "steal" your players.

First Team Breakthrough Darren1875's Avatar
    It's on espn @ 6 sky 442

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I think his mistakes alone probably used to cost us around 10 points a season under Mowbray. Its nothing to do with the manner of his departure IMO, he was just awful.
    Question: What player has scored the most goald against Celtic in the Champions League?

Is it...

a.) Nuno Gomez, the Portuguese international who has faced Celtic on four occasions.

b.) Wayne Rooney, who like Gomez has played against Celtic 4 times in the competition.

c.) Kaka , again with 4 games against the hoops

or

d.) Gary Caldwell. The bulbous cranium occupying Central Defence at Celtic FC.

Answer: d.) Gary Caldwell with 3 goals.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JackRegan View Post
    Question: What player has scored the most goald against Celtic in the Champions League?

Is it...

a.) Nuno Gomez, the Portuguese international who has faced Celtic on four occasions.

b.) Wayne Rooney, who like Gomez has played against Celtic 4 times in the competition.

or

Quote Originally Posted by Darren1875 View Post
    It's on espn @ 6 sky 442
    Forgot I get ESPN. I'll be able to watch it now.

Or Channel 417 if you don't have HD.

Doesn't half have a high opinion of himself for one who's had a 'mare of a start to the season for club and country. If he sought a "fresh challenge" in the EPL, he would be explicitly exposed as the calamatous defender we all came to know well in a Hibs and Sellick jersey.

Is it...

or

Good old Calamity Caldwell !

Didn't rate him too much when he wore the famous Green Jersey, and don't rate him too highly now.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar

Cool

With Dave Weir almost ready to be put out to grass, wouldn't it be great if he signed a pre-contract deal with Rangers? Then TM could play him the same way he justified playing him for us, and if he sells a goal within 10 minutes of the first game after the news breaks, then that would be ok too.

I recall thinking at the time when he was awarded the POY that the award organisers would have been better declaring that the standard was so poor they were not going to make an award this year rather than give it to Caldwell -- but both approaches add up to the same thing really.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    With Dave Weir almost ready to be put out to grass, wouldn't it be great if he signed a pre-contract deal with Rangers? Then TM could play him the same way he justified playing him for us, and if he sells a goal within 10 minutes of the first game after the news breaks, then that would be ok too.
    Funnily enough, in our post match analysis in the boozer, my friends and I were of the opinion that we would not be surprised if he went to der hun.

walked up to caldwell at a players signing thing after hehad signed the pre contract with celtic.

thought he was arrogant just by looking at him, as he sat there playing with his hair i asked him to sign a strip as i wanted to get the whole team that year.

once he signed it i said to him, "i can't make that out, whats your name again"...

and then i left

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar

Cool

Funnily enough, in our post match analysis in the boozer, my friends and I were of the opinion that we would not be surprised if he went to der hun.
    I think that he maybe gets a longer run in your team because he can move up the field a bit and play the defensive midfield role? Apart from that though, when players allow comments like this get into the media it is a bit like the tail wagging the dog and no one likes that.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    I think that he maybe gets a longer run in your team because he can move up the field a bit and play the defensive midfield role? Apart from that though, when players allow comments like this get into the media it is a bit like the tail wagging the dog and no one likes that.
    The bold Strachan played him there 8 times last season. We won once.

The word is he's jealous of Hinkel's wage and there is now some seriosu animosity between them. Rumour also has it that Hinkel only stayed in August beacuase he was assured Caldwell will be off in January.

I keep thinking about the Bobby Robson quote put on this board not so long ago:

"Caldwell was too small to be a CH and too slow to be a FB".

Sums it up nicely.

Any team that pays him anywhere near £18k a week would have to be as deluded as he is..

Testimonial Due
    always amazes me why players feel the need to bleet to the newspapers....shows little respect for the club. He also is pretty average as a player , might make the Championship ........