hibs.net Messageboard

Sone Aluko - Aberdeen

It seems the sheepies have a wee problem, seemingly Mark McGhee told Aluko he was not allowed to go to this tournament and he has gone anyway.

Interesting considering he played as a sub against Falkirk on Monday night too so should be fit.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mark McGhee comes across as a right Fud in all he does or says IMO. Think his reign as Aberdeen manager will be shortlived.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mark McGhee comes across as a right Fud in all he does or says IMO. Think his reign as Aberdeen manager will be shortlived.
    his comments,on their ofishul site seem rather strange. a misunderstanding? more like:if Kingston can dae it,AH KIN DAE IT SO F/CK YOU BOSS,AM GAUN

Left by mutual consent!
    The boys quite right IMO.

He'll only ever get one chance to play in the U20 WC. I know it's disrespectful to the club but I reckon I'd do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    I agree in most things he is a Fud but can't knock him for these comments. If the lad has been injured and then swans off to play for his country without permission its not Nigeria who have to pay his wages its Aberdeen if he injures himself further. As an employer they need to protect their own interests first of all.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenPJ View Post
    I agree in most things he is a Fud but can't knock him for these comments. If the lad has been injured and then swans off to play for his country without permission its not Nigeria who have to pay his wages its Aberdeen if he injures himself further. As an employer they need to protect their own interests first of all.
    I think/hope the player will be sensible and not jeopardise his fitness for the remainder of the season.

He's only going to get one shot at this, if he's not at 100% then the coach won't play him anyway unless other players aren't near his standard.

As I understand this is just a 'meet' to get them together as a group. Coaches generally want all their squad together whether they're injured or not.

Reminds me of a story i heard about a now famous football manager who was told by his bosses (CR Smith) he had to work on a sat morning when he was due to play football for Berwick.

Did the work early ...and then resigned by setting the company van on fire!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hughio View Post
    Reminds me of a story i heard about a now famous football manager who was told by his bosses (CR Smith) he had to work on a sat morning when he was due to play football for Berwick.

Did the work early ...and then resigned by setting the company van on fire!!

Someone was telling me a story the other day about the man in question.

Apparently he was speaking with a new lassie that had started round the club, he was meant to have been chatting away asking her what she was up tae at the weekend and she gave her answer.

She asked what he normally does. He says "I just sit around watching my phone" and she asked what he meant, apparently the words were "I watch the phone and wait for it ringing to find out which of these *******s are in nightclubs or being lifted by the polis".

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    IIRC however with Celtic in particular he had a habit of scoring against the Yams towards the death, killing of any hopes of a comeback from the poor wee lambs. Thats gotta be worth something but other than that yes - fud.

Quote Originally Posted by Westie1875 View Post
    It seems the sheepies have a wee problem, seemingly Mark McGhee told Aluko he was not allowed to go to this tournament and he has gone anyway.

Interesting considering he played as a sub against Falkirk on Monday night too so should be fit.
    According to the Hamilton program, this could be a problem for Yogi too!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Mark McGhee is a total fud.