hibs.net Messageboard

 

Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Hibs Spin

  1. #1
    Testimonial Due ahibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Posts
    4,354

    Hibs Spin

    I think the Hibs Spin is spinning out of control these days. Players going on about our training facilities being the reason the came etc. Come off it the most important thing is surely how much money they can earn in a short career. Maybe I have the wrong attitude but I would go where the money is not where the training facilities are best (the exception of course would be Hearts, no matter how much they offered).

    Yogi telling us that he has had the full support of the board. Come off it, if that was truely the case then surely we would have someone in midfield who can actually win a ball and a centre half worthy of the title. If it is the case though then why hasn't Yogi got either. You know Bamba is capable of winning the ball in midfield his problem is what then to do with it. However, if we had a decent centre half in then Bamba could play in midfield.

    Either the board aren't totally committed to doing what needs to be done or Yogi hasn't identified what we need!


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    Coaching Staff The_Todd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    London SE23
    Age
    38
    Posts
    6,946
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: gringotodd
    Given that we're not exactly well known for our wages, I doubt that any of our players are here for the purpose of filling their bank accounts.

    I can't see why the facilities aren't a valid reason?

  4. #3
    First Team Regular Ell_Chrisso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    781
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: EllChrisso PSN ID: EllChrisso
    Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the Hibs Spin is spinning out of control these days. Players going on about our training facilities being the reason the came etc. Come off it the most important thing is surely how much money they can earn in a short career. Maybe I have the wrong attitude but I would go where the money is not where the training facilities are best (the exception of course would be Hearts, no matter how much they offered).

    Yogi telling us that he has had the full support of the board. Come off it, if that was truely the case then surely we would have someone in midfield who can actually win a ball and a centre half worthy of the title. If it is the case though then why hasn't Yogi got either. You know Bamba is capable of winning the ball in midfield his problem is what then to do with it. However, if we had a decent centre half in then Bamba could play in midfield.

    Either the board aren't totally committed to doing what needs to be done or Yogi hasn't identified what we need!

    am i the only one not understanding much of this post?

    take Liam Millers comments against this, i think the fact we do have some of the best facilities available does influence players decisions into coming to us...

  5. #4
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,932
    If had two clubs pursuing me, with wages not too far apart, I would feel more positive about a club that looked properly set up and professionally run.

  6. #5
    Old Codger Hibstorian Jonnyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    East Lothian
    Age
    67
    Posts
    31,878
    Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the Hibs Spin is spinning out of control these days. Players going on about our training facilities being the reason the came etc. Come off it the most important thing is surely how much money they can earn in a short career. Maybe I have the wrong attitude but I would go where the money is not where the training facilities are best (the exception of course would be Hearts, no matter how much they offered).

    Yogi telling us that he has had the full support of the board. Come off it, if that was truely the case then surely we would have someone in midfield who can actually win a ball and a centre half worthy of the title. If it is the case though then why hasn't Yogi got either. You know Bamba is capable of winning the ball in midfield his problem is what then to do with it. However, if we had a decent centre half in then Bamba could play in midfield.

    Either the board aren't totally committed to doing what needs to be done or Yogi hasn't identified what we need!
    Sorry buddy but I disagree with a lot of what you say

    It's pretty well documented by the players that have arrived at the club since the training centre opened that the facilities helped them make up their minds whether to sign or not. I don't know if you've had a tour of the place but it's top notch with wonderful facilities to assist players in getting fit and recovering from injury.

    As to the Board not backing the manager I think the rash of signings since Yogi took over nullifies your argument. If we've not signed a centre half or midfield ball winner its because Yogi has not identified his targets rather than the Board not giving him the money.

    No offence buddy, just a counter view to your own
    This is how it feels

  7. #6
    Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dunfermline
    Age
    29
    Posts
    12,796
    Well if I had the choice between...

    Playing at a club on smaller wages, but with great facilities, run by great people with a great attitude about the game, a better looking stadium, an excellent youth academy & great fans.

    And...

    Playing for a club who pays bigger wage, but not necessarily on time, a manky stadium in a manky area, people who just arent people, poor facilities that they don't even own, can't pay their water bills, can't pay to fix a light, they have a poor attitude about the game and prefer to play lump ball & who's liability has flown out the window.

    I know where i'd go.

  8. #7
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    52
    Posts
    20,413
    LTYF

  9. #8
    @hibs.net private member bernz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    34
    Posts
    14,371
    Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the Hibs Spin is spinning out of control these days. Players going on about our training facilities being the reason the came etc. Come off it the most important thing is surely how much money they can earn in a short career. Maybe I have the wrong attitude but I would go where the money is not where the training facilities are best (the exception of course would be Hearts, no matter how much they offered).

    Yogi telling us that he has had the full support of the board. Come off it, if that was truely the case then surely we would have someone in midfield who can actually win a ball and a centre half worthy of the title. If it is the case though then why hasn't Yogi got either. You know Bamba is capable of winning the ball in midfield his problem is what then to do with it. However, if we had a decent centre half in then Bamba could play in midfield.

    Either the board aren't totally committed to doing what needs to be done or Yogi hasn't identified what we need!
    ...or the other clubs didnt want to let their players leave

  10. #9
    Testimonial Due ahibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Posts
    4,354
    Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...or the other clubs didnt want to let their players leave
    Could be.

  11. #10
    Testimonial Due ahibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Posts
    4,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor® View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LTYF
    Atleast I can understand why you would think that.

  12. #11
    Testimonial Due ahibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Posts
    4,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry buddy but I disagree with a lot of what you say


    No offence buddy, just a counter view to your own
    No worries I was just playing devils advo.. and all that. Sorry.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved