hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wotherspoon

Wotherspoon

I know he's young and needs nurtured etc etc but I felt we missed him badly today. I think DW is already an essential pick and i'd get him back in asap to add that verve and vitality to midfield.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know he's young and needs nurtured etc etc but I felt we missed him badly today. I think DW is already an essential pick and i'd get him back in asap to add that verve and vitality to midfield.
    Agreed, how he could be dropped beggars belief

@hibs.net private member Lmc2105's Avatar
    playing a 4 3 3 just doesn't work!!! simple as that against celtic we were fantastic with the 4 4 2, but today proves wotherspoon shuda been in for that waste of space nish and we might have got something today

but agreed was missed badly.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Delabooze View Post
    Yep, I don't understand this lack of experience thing - he played him against Celtic so why the hell not today when we were crying out for someone with a bit of drive and with the ability to cross a ball.

Quote Originally Posted by leemc-1989 View Post
    playing a 4 3 3 just doesn't work!!! simple as that against celtic we were fantastic with the 4 4 2, but today proves wotherspoon shuda been in for that waste of space nish and we might have got something today

but agreed was missed badly.
    We single out Nish??? There were more than the big man...... Easy scapegoat eh?

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!

Blog Entries
    I've previously tried to take your view on Nish, Delabooze, but I thought he was truly garbage today. I think Hughes has no option but to put him to the back of the queue for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I've previously tried to take your view on Nish, Delabooze, but I thought he was truly garbage today. I think Hughes has no option but to put him to the back of the queue for the foreseeable future.
    Was he any worse than Stokes or Riordan though Jim????

nah if you read my comment!
    i was sayin ad rather have wotherspoon than nish
    just think a 4 4 2 suits us better and we sacrificed a good player for a mediocre one but agreed there was more than nish today!

Agree its wrong to have a go at CN as he was only one of 11 who didn't perform. However its also clear that three up front didn't work and i'd drop him for Riordan Stokes/Benji. We don't have a pacy right back so we need four in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by leemc-1989 View Post
    nah if you read my comment!
    i was sayin ad rather have wotherspoon than nish
    just think a 4 4 2 suits us better and we sacrificed a good player for a mediocre one but agreed there was more than nish today!
    Just wish we would play 4-4-2 every time, we should not trying to play a system to accomodate certain players, when it clearly doesn't work.........

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Me too

I think yogi is being over protective with this boy.Everything about him says he is ready to me. man of the match against st.mirren dropped for falkirk.Standout against celtic dropped today!We had no midfielders capabable of going past a player and getting the ball into the box today which he does everytime he plays. Must start against st.johnstone and get a run in the team. good enough...old enough.

Just wish we would play 4-4-2 every time, we should not trying to play a system to accomodate certain players, when it clearly doesn't work.........
    totally agree with you Brockie and hopefully Yogi will now play a 4-4-2 for the future games starting with the saint's on saturday!

Coaching Staff
    Given DW is a Perthshire lad then I am quite sure that he will be in from the start next week.

Blog Entries
    Was he any worse than Stokes or Riordan though Jim????
    OK, they were maybe only marginally better but at least I think that, with them, we are always likely to get something. If Yogi moves away from three up front, Nish has to go.

Agree, the way he started had me thinking he would be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Left by mutual consent!
    He's been exceptional and should be in there until he screws up. What's with the "If he's good enough,he's old enough" ethos? He's shown skill ,vision ,confidence ....

doesn't matter how good he's been he still needs protected from week in week out football just now.

the fact people think we're already depending on him underlines this point.

Mcneil, Stevenson are just two players i think had too much pressure on them from their debut on and it ****ed them up imo.

it would be easy for Hughes to throw him in but also reckless for the lad and its good to see he is playing the long game rather than doing what would be simplest for himself.

in a couple of months we can review how he's coping and take things from there imo
    Last edited by hibsdaft; 13-09-2009 at 07:24 PM.

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsdaft View Post
    doesn't matter how good he's been he still needs protected from week in week out football just now.

Mcneil, Stevenson are just two players i think had too much pressure on them from their debut on and it ****ed them up imo.

it would be easy for Hughes to throw him in but also reckless for the lad and its good to see he is playing the long game rather than doing what would be simplest for himself.

in a couple of months we can review how he's coping and take things from there imo
    He's in great form, and has the ability. He should play IMO.

Fabregas played regularly for Arsenal from a young age (I'm not comparing the two players like for like here!).

Wotherspoon is only going to learn and improve from playing and the more first team experience he gets, the better.

Not that i'm saying DW is anywhere near this class but i dont remember the likes of giggs, rooney, scholes etc cotton wooled during their yonger days.

Thats the problem with the scottish game imo, we find a good prospect but hamper his chances of playing week in week out & we wonder why our game is in ther state it's in.

Age shouldn't come into it imo, we have a 19 yo that is a better player than say a 24yo but hey lets play the 24yo in fear of burning out the young lad.............bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Spain View Post
    He's been exceptional and should be in there until he screws up. What's with the "If he's good enough,he's old enough" ethos? He's shown skill ,vision ,confidence ....

Anyway Hibs Spain, what about the real issue - have you got over the the trauma of Maka not starting for us today?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Row H View Post
    Anyway Hibs Spain, what about the real issue - have you got over the the trauma of Maka not starting for us today?
    No,I haven't. I wasn't at the game but three trusted buddies were. And by doing nothing Stack's ineptitude might have gone unnoticed to the average punter but it would appear that his lack of command in the box caused the 1st goal and his general lack of command didn't go unnoticed. That having been said,it seems to me that playing a left footed right back,Hogg,Nish and not playing Wotherspoon weren't such clever ideas either.I'm totally and utterly pissed off to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Brando7 View Post
    i dont remember the likes of giggs, rooney, scholes etc cotton wooled during their yonger days.
    they did though, Rooney came off the bench for most of his first season.

Giggs played intermittently for his first two seasons

Scholes got a steady run in his first year but rarely played more than an hour, and came off the bench for 1 in 3/4 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Spain View Post
    No,I haven't. I wasn't at the game but three trusted buddies were. And by doing nothing Stack's ineptitude might have gone unnoticed to the average punter but it would appear that his lack of command in the box caused the 1st goal and his general lack of command didn't go unnoticed. That having been said,it seems to me that playing a left footed right back,Hogg,Nish and not playing Wotherspoon weren't such clever ideas either.I'm totally and utterly pissed off to be honest

Great post Maka, nice 1.
    Last edited by Row H; 13-09-2009 at 08:52 PM.

The thread is referring to Wotherspoon. Wotherspoon was dropped for Colin Nish... Comprende?

they did though, Rooney came off the bench for most of his first season.

Giggs played intermittently for his first two seasons

Scholes got a steady run in his first year but rarely played more than an hour, and came off the bench for 1 in 3/4 games.
    I'll give you that one but they both broke through when they were 17 & by the time they were Wotherspoon's age they were 1st team regulars

Quote Originally Posted by Brando7 View Post
    Not that i'm saying DW is anywhere near this class but i dont remember the likes of giggs, rooney, scholes etc cotton wooled during their yonger days.

Thats the problem with the scottish game imo, we find a good prospect but hamper his chances of playing week in week out & we wonder why our game is in ther state it's in.

Age shouldn't come into it imo, we have a 19 yo that is a better player than say a 24yo but hey lets play the 24yo in fear of burning out the young lad.............bollocks
    think we need to be careful and protect the likes of wotherspoon and byrne from the so called hibs fans! the lads arent a finished article by any means but there will always be a large number of fans who will criticse them from their first silly mistake. this will knock their confidence and effect their game.

but in my opinion from watching david a lot over the past two years i would say he should be the first name on the team sheet every week!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oconnors_strip View Post
    think we need to be careful and protect the likes of wotherspoon and byrne from the so called hibs fans! the lads arent a finished article by any means but there will always be a large number of fans who will criticse them from their first silly mistake. this will knock their confidence and effect their game.

but in my opinion from watching david a lot over the past two years i would say he should be the first name on the team sheet every week!
    Away and bile yer heid. The so called fans have been fantastic with Wotherspoon in particular this season.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Away and bile yer heid. The so called fans have been fantastic with Wotherspoon in particular this season.
    there is always and has always been fans at easter road who will criticse and pick on the new/younger players. they will notice every little mistake, missed pass, being beaten by a man etc etc. ive heard it already this season in the east stand and outside the ground after the st mirren match