hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So Yogi - what ya gonnae dae aboot it?

"We didn't turn up. I said they would have to come here and work.

"I picked my team and made sure I had some physical stuff in there, but we were second-best.

"Hamilton deserved to win the football match, which is disappointing for us.

"If we want to go where we want to go, the boys are going to have to do better than that.

"You're working with egos - guys who think they're better than they are. For me, it's a recipe for disaster.

"You have to play as an underdog, and anything you get you battle for.

"I need to get that right throughout my team. If I get that, I can take getting beat."

Be interesting what team Mr Hughes plays next week

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    sorry, I thought that was his post match speeches from last year...

Quote Originally Posted by H18SVG View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sure Yogi will learn from this but will we? We underestimated Hamilton, rubbished them as being garbage, we still are.

Yogi needs time. we need to give him time and we all need to learn.
    very true,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    the euphoria of the last week swept the fans into thinking, we now had a team who could beat anybody
    well thats utter keek
    we are certainly missing the big fella
    hogg is never captain material
    hes been the weakest link so far,yogi has some tough decisions to make in the next week
    hb

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbeebri View Post
    very true,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    the euphoria of the last week swept the fans into thinking, we now had a team who could beat anybody
    well thats utter keek
    we are certainly missing the big fella
    hogg is never captain material
    hes been the weakest link so far,yogi has some tough decisions to make in the next week
    hb
    Absolutely, not least giving himself a good talking to over the playing of 433

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just wish Yogi would shut the **** up about all his 'we're gonna play like this', 'where I wanna take them', 'players with something to prove' bull****.

I cringe listening to his intervews and all the amateur psychology crap he comes out with.

I like the guy, I really do, but please Yogi just shut yer gob and get on with getting the team organised, playing for 90 mins and not losing the first bloody goal every game.

Oh and sign a bloody Centre Half!

Left by mutual consent!
    I'm sure Yogi will learn from this but will we? We underestimated Hamilton, rubbished them as being garbage, we still are.

Yogi needs time. we need to give him time and we all need to learn.
    no we didn't underestimate them IMHO.

They are rubbish - we are just unable to beat such rubbish.

Left by mutual consent!
    I respect your HO.

But that would suggest we are rubbishererer. but the consensus of opinion was that Hibs would win today therefore we underestimated their rubbishness or overestimated our non rubbishness.
    Your talking rubbish.

Well someone had to.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    If you are a limited player who can't do much then that's fair enough. When you have players who are performing WAY below what they are capable of then that is unacceptable. Some need to buck up - and fast.

Left by mutual consent!
    I respect your HO.

But that would suggest we are rubbishererer. but the consensus of opinion was that Hibs would win today therefore we underestimated their rubbishness or overestimated our non rubbishness.
    everyone and there brother fancied us today as we were a stick-on.

I knew it was bad when Sporting Life tipped us in there Sunday betting tips.
    Last edited by Toaods; 13-09-2009 at 05:40 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Hibs were pish today, everything was done at jogging pace, our defensive frailties were badly exposed, no cutting edge, infact it was a throwback to last season where ironicly we beat hamilton 3 times.

Yogi has some work to do

Would I be right in thinking that this is the first time Hamilton have beaten us at home in 70 years?

First Team Breakthrough Greenway's Avatar
    For the last two weeks Yogi has been going on and on about treating this as a "cup final". Perhaps he might have thought to mention this to the players who thought they were on a day trip to Blackpool.

I couldn't believe I was watching such a gutless and clueless performance from a team that has been promising so much and delivered nothing.

That was quite frankly embarrassing from the 1st minute to the last. And for FS would someone explain the offside rule to Nish, as he has completely no idea what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenway View Post
    For the last two weeks Yogi has been going on and on about treating this as a "cup final". Perhaps he might have thought to mention this to the players who thought they were on a day trip to Blackpool.

I couldn't believe I was watching such a gutless and clueless performance from a team that has been promising so much and delivered nothing.

That was quite frankly embarrassing from the 1st minute to the last. And for FS would someone explain the offside rule to Nish, as he has completely no idea what he's doing.

It's not just his mastery of the offside trap that one could apply that judgement to..................

Yogi had better be cracking some skulls 1st training session back - just a good bloody rant about how lucky they are to play for our great club before they even kick a ball again in training should be enough.

If the players aren't professional enough to react to that, then it'll soon be the ER "Sortie" door for them

Think this is the wake up call we all needed to be honest, specially with all the Yam and Nade bashing recently. Need to concentrate on our team more!!

Yogi seems angry judging from his post-match comments. He has the right to be because Hamilton are poorer than St Mirren, falkirk and Celtic and unlike those games we never competed. You can't always perform, and the whole team had an off-day, but you can always compete. Had we done so we could have salvaged something.

But he has to take his share of the blame for bad tactics. Nish as a target man wasn't working. Fortunately CN did the honourable thing and got suspended for the next two games.

Two up front against Saints with Benji on bench please.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Just wish Yogi would shut the **** up about all his 'we're gonna play like this', 'where I wanna take them', 'players with something to prove' bull****.

I cringe listening to his intervews and all the amateur psychology crap he comes out with.

I like the guy, I really do, but please Yogi just shut yer gob and get on with getting the team organised, playing for 90 mins and not losing the first bloody goal every game.

Oh and sign a bloody Centre Half!
    What are you talking about about!! we have one bad result and your telling the manager to shut his gob - do you mean he shouldn't give interviews?? As for 'amateur psychology crap' - he's tells it like he sees it - 'too many egos', 'players who thought they were better than they are' - do you disagree with that- Yogi is turning this team around, it's something that won't happen overnight it not Yogi whose spouting crap.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marxman View Post
    What are you talking about about!! we have one bad result and your telling the manager to shut his gob - do you mean he shouldn't give interviews?? As for 'amateur psychology crap' - he's tells it like he sees it - 'too many egos', 'players who thought they were better than they are' - do you disagree with that- Yogi is turning this team around, it's something that won't happen overnight it not Yogi whose spouting crap.
    Sure, give interviews just dinnae go on and on and on about all these methods and psychological techniques he's using as if he's Brian bloody Clough!

He needs to walk the walk not talk the talk.

Turn the team around then boast how you are doing it. Dinnae bang on how your doing this, doing that and then turn in a shocking performance like that one today.

@hibs.net private member Don Giovanni's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho08 View Post
    Think this is the wake up call we all needed to be honest, specially with all the Yam and Nade bashing recently. Need to concentrate on our team more!!

Hopefully this result and performance is a wake-up call to the players, the management and the fans alike.

Quote Originally Posted by 49years a Hibee View Post

"I picked my team and made sure I had some physical stuff in there, but we were second-best.

"If we want to go where we want to go, the boys are going to have to do better than that.

"You're working with egos - guys who think they're better than they are. For me, it's a recipe for disaster.

"I need to get that right throughout my team. If I get that, I can take getting beat."

I thought his comment about the players at training was interesting.

Can't remember the exact quote but he was concerned that they don't give it their all at training and that's what is often reflected on the pitch on match-day.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    that would suggest we are rubbishererer.
    I don't think that's a word. Isn't the correct grammar "more rubbisherer"?

It might be Yogi thinks he's better than he is also ..

Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    I thought his comment about the players at training was interesting.

Can't remember the exact quote but he was concerned that they don't give it their all at training and that's what is often reflected on the pitch on match-day.
    if some players dont give it their all in training then why does he pick them for the starting line-up???

Or maybe everyone has got a bit carried away after a few games and thought it would be too easy - fans and players alike. Yogi has never said we have the finished article - it just get to me how some folk can turn on him already after one game. especially when his post match comments seemed to be correct. today's performance was about poor attitude and that what his points all addressed. As for psychology - to think a modern day manager shouldn't know about player psychology is laughable - Yogi will get the best out of his players because he understands player psychology - sometimes he needs to supportive and other times - like today - he needs players to understand when their performances were not good enough

Can he turn a bunch of chocolate soldiers into something that will fight for the badge ?, time after time results like this happens and i can go back a bit i can tell you and it still hurts like hell that players put in a performance like todays.
    I watched Motherwell play Rangers yesterday and they were light years ahead of us in work ethic and shape and this from a team cobbled together for nowt in a few weeks.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by down the slope View Post
    Can he turn a bunch of chocolate soldiers into something that will fight for the badge ?, time after time results like this happens and i can go back a bit i can tell you and it still hurts like hell that players put in a performance like todays.
    I watched Motherwell play Rangers yesterday and they were light years ahead of us in work ethic and shape and this from a team cobbled together for nowt in a few weeks.
    Yeh . I watched that game and was thinking Motherwell could give us a real doing.They were better than the Huns,should have won and I'd never heard of half of them...

Quote Originally Posted by 49years a Hibee View Post

Gogs, you forgot the inverted commas at the end of the quotes mate

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenway View Post

I agree, i put more effort getting to the game than some of those did during it.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I agree, i put more effort getting to the game than some of those did during it.
    Aye but you didn't have a raging hangover like one of our players did today.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Really, who?

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post

Really?

Is this a "fact endoff" statement or can you provide a bit more info?