hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough Lewis77's Avatar

BROONY, how far could he go?

This is related te another post where someone said that Brown could/would never sign and play for a team the likes of Man Utd, but a canny see why! Fergie loves bringing through Scots(and Irish) players and Broony is a Fergie type player, in that he's always had them at Utd! Giggs and Scholes are ending their playing days and Fergie will be looking for another world class midfielder which Brown is and because he plays in the SPL he could get him at a gud price compared to equal quality players else where(and Fergie loves a bargin).

Now, before anyone jumps doon ma neck saying its no Hibs so who cares, we must keep in mind we made the bhoy what he is and he is Scotlands best player and for those reasons alone this subject must be of interest because if Brown went te Man Utd I can bet you he'd get far more international recognition for the quality of player he is than if he stays at the tic, which can only be a boost fer Scottish fitbaw as we have no had a major internationally recognised star fer a while noo!!

Therefore watch this space in the summer!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think Scott is a great player, who would make a mark in the Premiership. It's been a pleasure to watch him to progress from the raw 16 year old who first came into the Hibs team into a rounded pro.

I hope he can go all the way.

I'll quote my argument from the other thread,

Quote Originally Posted by F'Res Hibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If, as is to be believed, Celtic have put a price of around £11m on Brown then it could hardly be described as 'a gud price'. Ferguson only really signs Scottish and Irish players when they're vey young, ie Miller, Galbraith, Stewart, Fletcher etc. When was the last time Man Utd signed a Scottish or Irish outfield player of 21 or over?
    For the record I said he wouldn't play for Man Utd. I didnt say he was gash or anything.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Only my opinion but do not think he will play for a 'big' club. Yes he had a good game today and maybe he will go to EPL with Spurs or Everton etc, but do not think he is consistent enough for a Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea etc.

Maybe I will be proved wrong but too many big games he has 'good' games, when he should be having 'brilliant' games.

I believe big players do big things in big games, yes it was a big game today but he needs to perform at a higher level at some of the ther bigger games I have seen him in over the last 2/3 years i.e. when Celtic were in Champions League I would not say he was a stand out, when he really needs to be if he wants to play for a 'big' club.

As I said

For the record I said he wouldn't play for Man Utd. I didnt say he was gash or anything.

You're probably looking at McClair days but none have fitted the bill since then which Broon does and Fergie is no scared of Signing and playing Scots! Also, as I've already said, if Carrick is worth 18 million Broon is worth 11 and Fergie wudnae worry aboot spending that on him!

Fergie loves players like Broony!! He's aye had them at utd but hasnae really got one the moment!
    Last edited by Lewis77; 05-09-2009 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis77 View Post
    This is related te another post where someone said that Brown could/would never sign and play for a team the likes of Man Utd, but a canny see why! Fergie loves bringing through Scots(and Irish) players and Broony is a Fergie type player, in that he's always had them at Utd! Giggs and Scholes are ending their playing days and Fergie will be looking for another world class midfielder which Brown is and because he plays in the SPL he could get him at a gud price compared to equal quality players else where(and Fergie loves a bargin).

Now, before anyone jumps doon ma neck saying its no Hibs so who cares, we must keep in mind we made the bhoy what he is and he is Scotlands best player and for those reasons alone this subject must be of interest because if Brown went te Man Utd I can bet you he'd get far more international recognition for the quality of player he is than if he stays at the tic, which can only be a boost fer Scottish fitbaw as we have no had a major internationally recognised star fer a while noo!!

Therefore watch this space in the summer!
    I thought it was just celtic fans who add a H to words

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I dont know if he will go to man united, but i'd love to see him get the chance, and see him play with that class of footballer. We'd then see just how good he is.

You're probably looking at McClair days but none have fitted the bill since then which Broon does and Fergie is no scared of Signing and playing Scots! Also, as I've already said, if Carrick is worth 18 million Broon is worth 11 and Fergie wudnae worry aboot spending that on him!
    How do you know Fergie isnt scared of signing Scottish players? Also Michael Carrick is an excellent player - as good, if not better than Xabi Alonso.

Quote Originally Posted by blueisthecolour View Post

Alonso

How do you know Fergie isnt scared of signing Scottish players? Also Michael Carrick is an excellent player - as good, if not better than Xabi Alonso.
    In terms of top , top players Alonso IS NOT one of them, he is a gud player but by no means is he one of the top midfielders in the world! I'd rather have Broon in my team any day of the week than Alonso!
    Last edited by Lewis77; 05-09-2009 at 07:06 PM.

In terms of top , top players Alsonso IS NOT one of them, he is a gud player but by no means is he one of the top midfielders in the world! I'd rather have Broon in my team any day of the week than Alonso!
    I was referring to that style of player, Scott Brown definately isnt that style of player so there isnt a comparison to be had whereas Carrick and Alonso are of a similar style of central midfielder.

True

I was referring to that style of player, Scott Brown definately isnt that style of player so there isnt a comparison to be had whereas Carrick and Alonso are of a similar style of central midfielder.

Yes Carrick and Alonso are similar style players, but in terms of what a player can bring to a midfield, if Carrick is worth 18 Broon is worth 11, no doubt aboot it!!

@hibs.net private member millarco's Avatar
    In terms of top , top players Alonso IS NOT one of them, he is a gud player but by no means is he one of the top midfielders in the world! I'd rather have Broon in my team any day of the week than Alonso!
    I suppose everyone is entitled to their opinion but for me Brown couldn't lace Alonso's boots.

It was great seeing Brown back to his best today, from running at defenders to snarling in their faces. However he needs to show this kind of performance more consistently-he should be running riot in the SPL. He needs to improve on many aspects of his game, his passing, shooting and touch for starters. He's good enough for the Premiership, but not for one of the top 4 IMO. Plenty of time to improve right enough.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    You are becoming a tiresome bore. I think, but stand to be corrected if wrong, that Hibs were being called the Bhoys before your twin ugly sister had evn been shat onto the earth

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    You are becoming a tiresome bore. I think, but stand to be corrected if wrong, that Hibs were being called the Bhoys before your twin ugly sister had evn been shat onto the earth
    by who?

Could be your right but ive never heard anyone call hibs the bhoys, where does this H come from?

He has great natural athleticism, real will to win and a lot of the raw tools to be a success.

I think he'd be a stand-out for the likes of Everton, but if he wants to move up another level he'll have to tidy up his passing and add goals to his game.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Could be your right but ive never heard anyone call hibs the bhoys, where does this H come from?
    Its something us normal people call the alphabet.

That's true.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna_Asylum View Post
    by who?
    As I said, I stand to be corrected but I have heard this before. Perhaps some of the more knowledgeable guys on here can confirm or otherwise

I think it became less and less when the theives at Darkheid started to use it
    Last edited by weecounty hibby; 05-09-2009 at 07:31 PM.

Quoted post removed
    well its no in ma books
    Last edited by marinello59; 06-09-2009 at 05:48 AM.

Quoted post removed
    Funny that only last night someone asked where i had been as i hadn't been on here for a while.
    Last edited by marinello59; 06-09-2009 at 05:49 AM.

Odd One

Funny that only last night someone asked where i had been as i hadn't been on here for a while.
    LOL Yer an odd one man LOL !

@hibs.net private member hibee_nation's Avatar
    Trouble is the hun speaks mair sense ken like.

Quote Originally Posted by Perspective View Post
    He has great natural athleticism, real will to win and a lot of the raw tools to be a success.

I think he'd be a stand-out for the likes of Everton, but if he wants to move up another level he'll have to tidy up his passing and add goals to his game.
    Yeah Id go along with you there. As someone else said, he was back to his best today, but needs to be doing that every week. He should be running riot in the SPL, if he does that yeah a move to the EPL is on the cards. Look at top EPL teams midfields, Chelsea Man Utd Arsenal probably not, Liverpool for me yes, Spurs Villa Everton yes. So if he can improve why not

Aye

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_nation View Post
    Trouble is the hun speaks mair sense ken like.
    Aye, that will be a first!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by millarco View Post
    I suppose everyone is entitled to their opinion but for me Brown couldn't lace Alonso's boots.
    It was great seeing Brown back to his best today, from running at defenders to snarling in their faces. However he needs to show this kind of performance more consistently-he should be running riot in the SPL. He needs to improve on many aspects of his game, his passing, shooting and touch for starters. He's good enough for the Premiership, but not for one of the top 4 IMO. Plenty of time to improve right enough.

****in spot on ma man

Aye, that will be a first!
    and where does that leave you

lookin gid

We are talking about Scott Brown of Celtic ,
    never in a million years is he anyway near the class of Xabi Alonso.
    Hes went backwards since he went west IMO, he would be a better player away from Celtic .
    To say Alonso is not one of the best midfielders in the world and would rather have Broon than Alonso ,your on drugs and if your not you should be coming out with statements like that utter pash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q_a_ehKnbA

I rest my case .

Strange

Quote Originally Posted by Luna_Asylum View Post
    and where does that leave you

lookin gid
    Strange, siding with the gers BHOY! lol