hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

FAO Petrie and Yogi - bring back Boozy!

Right guys, lets get the message to Rod and the Yogmeister

BRING BACK BOOZY!

The time is now for him to come home to the team he loves.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Really?

*sniff sniff*

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

BRING BACK BOOZY!

What - after Yogi said his age limit for new players was 28??

"It has to be calculated, the players concerned have to fit the bill in terms of things like age, guys aged between, say 20 and 28, who either still have their best years in front of them or who are just hitting their peak. "

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/H...hen.5593217.jp

Guillaime is 31 next birthday!!

I agree 100% but I don't see it happening unfortunately. Yogi has brought in Cregg and McBride. We already have Thicot, Stevenson and Rankin and he's been trying to get Arfield. I would say it doesn't look like he's been after Boozy.

Assuming we will try again for Arfield in January I can't see the point in bringing in Boozy unless some others are moved on. I suspect we'll make do with what we've got unless Yogi has given up on Arfield.

Yes I know what your saying but he would bring experience and younger players will learn from him. It's a squad game n everyone will play they're part. 30 isn't that old nowadays look at Graham Alexander. Still feel he's got a few good years in him yet.

BRING BACK BOOZY!

Did you see any of his performances in his last six months at Hibs, not very good..... No thanks....

Lets just concentrate on what we have, which IMO is a pretty decent midfield already

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No thanks..But thanks for the memories..

The time is right because he doesnt have a club & no other interest..??

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes I know what your saying but he would bring experience and younger players will learn from him. It's a squad game n everyone will play they're part. 30 isn't that old nowadays look at Graham Alexander. Still feel he's got a few good years in him yet.

David Wier is about 70 and hes doing ok!

We would definately benefit from a player of his quality. Age and injuries aside, he would be an excellent addition to our squad and to the new passing game that JH wants to introduce. Even if it were only for a year or two. Boozy to feed Zemmama, Zemmama to feed Deeks/Stokes. Sounds good to me. Bring him back

First Team Regular DaniAndersson's Avatar
    Injury-prone player who is probably past his best. He was good a few years ago. Now I think he'd either be a substitute or on the treatment table. I'd rather see the wage (circe £1,500 per week, I'd guess) used on a right back or centre half in the next transfer window.

i agree, get him back to the team he loves, fans favourite in his time here, free, still got a couple of good years in him!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    We would definately benefit from a player of his quality. Age and injuries aside, he would be an excellent addition to our squad and to the new passing game that JH wants to introduce. Even if it were only for a year or two. Boozy to feed Zemmama, Zemmama to feed Deeks/Stokes. Sounds good to me. Bring him back
    As i remember it boozy played at sweeper/centre half under Mowbry or JC (not sure which) he did o.k. and is reasonable in the air. I feel he is better working in midfield but this would be another plus if he signed.

too old and injury prone, boozy!!!!

think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post

Exactly what I'm getting at. He would fit right into the system yogi is playing. What's wrong with a 2-3 year deal and the youngsters get to learn from him. He's a clever strong player who can keep hold of the ball in difficult situations instead of us having the ball pumped back down our throats all the time. We lose the ball far to easily sometimes. Quite slot on Sunday actually.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: hibees Wii Code: 007

BRING BACK BOOZY!

Why? Just coz he love's the team?

IMHO we don't need him, its defenders we need.

Am I one of the few who thought Boozy was actually a tad over-rated??

First Team Breakthrough glenn6270's Avatar
    Exactly what I'm getting at. He would fit right into the system yogi is playing. What's wrong with a 2-3 year deal and the youngsters get to learn from him. He's a clever strong player who can keep hold of the ball in difficult situations instead of us having the ball pumped back down our throats all the time. We lose the ball far to easily sometimes. Quite slot on Sunday actually.
    how many games do you think he would play in 2-3 years not many i think
    keep the wage until january dont waste your money rod

Quote Originally Posted by moff1875 View Post
    Am I one of the few who thought Boozy was actually a tad over-rated??
    When he turned it on he was a good player..however that wasnae very often.....never say never though..

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Can't we see past ex players and ex Falkirk players?

Yogi and Rice claim to be up and down the country all the time looking at players. Not much evidence of it in this window.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?

Disagree.

His last spell at ER he was blowing hot and cold, sometimes reasonably good, other times entirely anonymous. He's injury-prone, and I'm very far from convinced that he would have helped us hold the ball any better than we did against Celtic.

The club he loves? Like the guy who brought him here, he wasted no time in moving on when a bigger wage-packet was offered - which is his right, OK? But he didn't 'love' Hibs enough even to extend his contract so we could get a fee for him.

Bringing him back would be a total waste of time and precious resources IMO.

clever

clever, yes , strong not so sure, injury prone defo.

@hibs.net private member
    How do you know that he wasn't offered a deal? I dont know anything like but I think its a bit off to assume we haven't considered him.

If Yogi and co think he's what we need and Boozy accepts the terms offered I would love to see him back. He'd be an expensive signing as a teacher though, we haven't got that sort of budget. If he comes back it would have to be because he could give something on the park that we dont already have. The Boozy that we had before could do that but time has passed and I think we should leave that judgement down to those who can not those who think they can.

If we've made savings on the wage bill with these guys going - perhaps a short term deal, where he can prove his fitness, might suit both parties!

BH.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    Disagree.

His last spell at ER he was blowing hot and cold, sometimes reasonably good, other times entirely anonymous. He's injury-prone, and I'm very far from convinced that he would have helped us hold the ball any better than we did against Celtic.

The club he loves? Like the guy who brought him here, he wasted no time in moving on when a bigger wage-packet was offered - which is his right, OK? But he didn't 'love' Hibs enough even to extend his contract so we could get a fee for him.

Bringing him back would be a total waste of time and precious resources IMO.

You mean he tried to better himself by moving to a different team. If someone came to you at yourwork and offered you 4 times the wages to go to go to a bigger company and challenge yourself. You would say no would you. Barry Ferguson loves Rangers n still moved on. Can't blame simons for trying to better their career, football or not football.

His passing ability goes with our style of play. Everyone has their opinion though.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    I was offered 200k a year to be Christian Nade's fitness trainer which is far more than I earn just now.

But I just couldn't do it. I pride myself on results and couldn't see myself delivering tangible success.

Money isn't everything.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member ...WentToMowAnSPL's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: satvis1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    I was offered 200k a year to be Christian Nade's fitness trainer which is far more than I earn just now.

But I just couldn't do it. I pride myself on results and couldn't see myself delivering tangible success.

Money isn't everything.
    That could well earn a place in my sig ! well done PH
    "At the end of the day, we all aspire to bigger things in our lives but one thing I can truly say from my heart is if I never kick a ball for one of these bigger clubs I would be delighted to stay with Hibs for the rest of my career. That's how highly I regard this club." Ivan Sproule

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Boozy was vastly over rated IMO.

He only lived up to expectations once in every 20 games.

He's old and past it.

No thank's he was not the player of two years ago-time to move on.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    You mean he tried to better himself by moving to a different team. If someone came to you at yourwork and offered you 4 times the wages to go to go to a bigger company and challenge yourself. You would say no would you. Barry Ferguson loves Rangers n still moved on. Can't blame simons for trying to better their career, football or not football.

His passing ability goes with our style of play. Everyone has their opinion though.

I said it was his right, OK?

I'm just not sure he would fit into our midfield now.

Who drops out? There are good reasons IMO not to drop any of the regular four - McBride, Cregg, Rankin and Wotherspoon each bring something to the team, not least enbergy and workrate. Boozy's passing ability would have to be very good indeed to compensate.

I think we'd be far better-advised to put the cash back in a high-interest account and wait till January, myself.

In three months Yogi's strengthened the squad, begun introducing some of last year's U-19s, and cut out a lot of dead wood. Seems reasonably good going to me.

But "the club he loves"? I don't think so.

Much better to coach McBride to improve his range of passing rather than concentrating on playing the easy ball.