hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: dougie mcdonald

dougie mcdonald

well done for having the guts to stand up to the cheats that are celtic football club

2. Log in to remove the advert

I thought the ref had a good game today

First Team Breakthrough stewthehibee's Avatar
    And the lines man on the east stand side?

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    He did well but he should have also booked Killen for his dives

Quote Originally Posted by stewthehibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And the lines man on the east stand side?
    corner in the last min, but was ok

Always happy to have Dougie McD as our ref.

First Team Breakthrough stewthehibee's Avatar
    Thought he gave a few wrong decisions today from where i was sitting

Pity he didn't have the guts to send off Hinkel. He reached into his pocket & then decided against booking him when he realised he had already been booked.

I dont like him but the boy done good

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Over on kickback, allegedly he (McDonald) "pandered to his Hibs heroes by trying to give them an advantage in sending McGeady off" and "that any other referee would have simply ignored the situation on the halfway line and allowed play to continue".

Their SFA/Anti-Yam agenda theory seems to suggest that any witch-hunt would be against poor victimised Nade (who also took a dive today allegedly) and not McGeady.

It's like a broke....broke.....broke.....broke....broke...brok e...broken record with no basis in reality.

Although we lost today, it could be worse - we could support them!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott M View Post
    Over on kickback, allegedly he (McDonald) "pandered to his Hibs heroes by trying to give them an advantage in sending McGeady off" and "that any other referee would have simply ignored the situation on the halfway line and allowed play to continue".

Their SFA/Anti-Yam agenda theory seems to suggest that any witch-hunt would be against poor victimised Nade (who also took a dive today allegedly) and not McGeady.

It's like a broke....broke.....broke.....broke....broke...brok e...broken record with no basis in reality.

McDonald was a nightmare today, we didn't get one decision in the first half hour, and Happy Feet should've been off in the first half for preventing a goal scoring opportunity............

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    I though be bottled it a few times.

But am glad he say the dive. Should have giving killen a yellow.

Left by mutual consent!

perhaps one of the 400,000 persecuted yams will come on and explain to us why not one single player was booked at Perth today for a rush into the fans after Obua scored (thinking they had clinched a win). must have been ten yards behind the pitch. Bearing in mind big Sol was booked for celebrating one yard into the technical area, I fear their persecution complex shield will go quiet once more.

Credit to him for having the guts to send McGeady off but I thought his decision to book Cregg was shocking.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Toaods View Post
    perhaps one of the 400,000 persecuted yams will come on and explain to us why not one single player was booked at Perth today for a rush into the fans after Obua scored (thinking they had clinched a win). must have been ten yards behind the pitch. Bearing in mind big Sol was booked for celebrating one yard into the technical area, I fear their persecution complex shield will go quiet once more.
    They'll ignore that in their frenzy to don a blazer and pen an open letter about the injustices that they've suffered.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    Credit to him for having the guts to send McGeady off but I thought his decision to book Cregg was shocking.
    I thought the ref had a shocker today, to be honest. Let Celtc take free kicks wherever they wanted to, but pulled us back time after time. Gave an offside that the linesman never when we were attacking (haven't seen the replay to see if he was right, but at the time I thought he was wrong).
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnieŽ View Post
    They'll ignore that in their frenzy to don a blazer and pen an open letter about the injustices that they've suffered.

I thought the ref had a shocker today, to be honest. Let Celtc take free kicks wherever they wanted to, but pulled us back time after time. Gave an offside that the linesman never when we were attacking (haven't seen the replay to see if he was right, but at the time I thought he was wrong).

Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    I though be bottled it a few times.

But am glad he say the dive. Should have giving killen a yellow.
    Yes. McGeady would have had straight red for that clean thru foul on DR had it been roles reversed.

To be fair to Nade, that dive was from the last weeks game against the Huns but it just took so long for him to fall that it was only picked up on at Perth.

I couldn't believe he did that either. He also went to his pocket to book Hinkel and then changed his mind. Then we won a corner - all the Celtc players stayed back - and he says goal kick!

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    He was also inconsistent in booking Bamba for persistent fouling, but not booking Samaras for the same in the first half, after a spell of 3 or 4 in quick succession.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    I thought he got a few decisions wrong and generally pandered to Celtc at least until the second half. How come Scott McDonald wasn't booked for diving by the way?

I havent seen it on TV yet, but irrespective of whether it was in fact offside or not, how can he deem himself to have a better view of it when he was 20yds behind play and the linesman was pretty much in line with it ???

....and the went straight up the pitch ans scored

Quote Originally Posted by HibbiesandtheBaddies View Post
    I havent seen it on TV yet, but irrespective of whether it was in fact offside or not, how can he deem himself to have a better view of it when he was 20yds behind play and the linesman was pretty much in line with it ???

....and the went straight up the pitch ans scored
    That linesman was like a coiled spring waiting to give offside against us as well. If he didn't give it then I would be pretty sure we were onside.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    That linesman was like a coiled spring waiting to give offside against us as well. If he didn't give it then I would be pretty sure we were onside.
    The linesman was going to flag but he was waiting till he (can't remember who it was) touched the ball. He stood in possition with his flag at the ready rather than run up in line with the last defender. No problem with McDonald in this icident, he just pre-empted the flag. He did have a shocker tho IMO. How Killen wasn't booked or Hinkel never walked I'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by frazerbob View Post
    The linesman was going to flag but he was waiting till he (can't remember who it was) touched the ball. He stood in possition with his flag at the ready rather than run up in line with the last defender. No problem with McDonald in this icident, he just pre-empted the flag. He did have a shocker tho IMO. How Killen wasn't booked or Hinkel never walked I'll never know.
    Curses, that's my (Hibernian) green tinted theory scuppered.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by frazerbob View Post
    that was my take on it, he was waiting on stokes to touch the ball then flag or boruc to claim it and let play continue. ref should never have blowen but it was a defo offside so cont complain to muhc

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post

Spot on friend. The bit that was most annoying about that booking was McDonalds snidey wee look to see where the ref was before screaming and rolling about like he was hurt in an effort to get Cregg the card. Celtic are full of cheating bawbags.