hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't remember McGeady tearing us apart. Hibs doubled up well on him in my opinion and it was actually Hinkel that was putting in telling crosses. How many times do you see McGeady defending his own box against other teams (which we were making him do today at times) ? Totally agree with you about Hogg.......he will make a player when I become a priest. Poor player.
    I suppose he tore us apart cos we let him. He ran at our defence and everyone ran from him, probably too scared to go in in case he did his submarine impression, which he duly obliged with anyway.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Can't remember McGeady tearing us apart. Hibs doubled up well on him in my opinion and it was actually Hinkel that was putting in telling crosses. How many times do you see McGeady defending his own box against other teams (which we were making him do today at times) ? Totally agree with you about Hogg.......he will make a player when I become a priest. Poor player.

Apart from the goal, most of the troubled crosses bame from Fox at corners, Hogg was pretty poor today and I think the captaincy is getting the better of him. Bamba needs to get back to midfield where he's a pillar of strength and bring in another Ch.

Testimonial Due
    nah the main danger was always Samaras. Both Hibs full backs coped well with the celtic wide men. Zemmana did not get into the game when he came on but thats maybe too be expected as by then the game was going at a frantic pace.

Very optimistic about the season ahead after today. Played well in 2nd half and should have got a point. Boruc was magnificent in goals and wotherspoon looks a real find.

Only concerning thing is we need an older head in that team. Murray coming back will give us a lift but if stories like russel anderson coming are true then that would be great as he is experienced an a good leader.

Think hughes might have made a mistake in playing mccormack as i thought we looked better when wotherspoon was crossing the ball in from the right.

Huge improvement on last season and its good to see a manager who knows what he is doing. The games against Hamilton and St Johnstone are the ones which will shape our season, not games like today.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron1875 View Post
    Very optimistic about the season ahead after today. Played well in 2nd half and should have got a point. Boruc was magnificent in goals and wotherspoon looks a real find.

Only concerning thing is we need an older head in that team. Murray coming back will give us a lift but if stories like russel anderson coming are true then that would be great as he is experienced an a good leader.

Think hughes might have made a mistake in playing mccormack as i thought we looked better when wotherspoon was crossing the ball in from the right.

Huge improvement on last season and its good to see a manager who knows what he is doing. The games against Hamilton and St Johnstone are the ones which will shape our season, not games like today.

You'll get them all talking about Boozy again, although he'd be the perfect man to have today, someone to put their foot on the ball and use it wisely.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hiblander View Post
    Was last years score not 0-0 ???
    Meant the whole of last year not just some fluke backs to the wall 0-0

Coaching Staff
    Just a shame that Cregg picked up that early yellow in the first half because he started to shy away a little from making telling challenges. Hibs did well though to nullify Brown, Maloney and McGeady. The two saves from Boruc were saves that shows he is world class (pains me to say that). Interesting comments from Mowbray though which also backs up what May said last week. We are now a team not afraid to mix it and to not allow the opposition too much time on the ball (which was Mixu's huge failing last season). I am still very encouraged from what I have seen from Hibs so far this season.

@hibs.net private member JoeTortolanoFanClub's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Cameron1875;2153289]Very optimistic about the season ahead after today. Played well in 2nd half and should have got a point. Boruc was magnificent in goals and wotherspoon looks a real find.

Only concerning thing is we need an older head in that team. Murray coming back will give us a lift but if stories like russel anderson coming are true then that would be great as he is experienced an a good leader. QUOTE]

Spot on. We missed Murray in central defence. Babma would have been better in midfield.

Much better than last season though. We are good to watch going forward. Easrly days yet. We are in with a good shout of third place.

Will be interesting to see what Gordon Smith of the SFA about the antics of McGeady and Killen.

Thought Hughes made 3 blunders today.

1. He started Stokes when he is nowhere near fit and his legs had gone after 25 minutes-hopefully he'll improve with games but today shoould not have been one of them.Nish should have been on much earlier-one over the bar and laid on 2 sitters.

2. Moving Wotherspoon back-he had been running the midfield and distributing the ball beautifully-moving him back and wide made him much more one dimensional.

3. Bringing on Zemmamma-obviously unfit-not the game(or time)to bring him on-caught on his heels at Nish's knock back.

Unlucky to lose -pity Bamba is not as cool up front as at the back.
    Because we outnumbered Celtic in central midfield we controlled the game for long spells but lacked a good final ball.

Left by mutual consent! New Corrie's Avatar
    Wotherspoon looks some prospect, Benji should have been on instead of Stokes (who was blowing oot his erse and looked like a player who hasn't scored for 3 years) Regardless of what folkls say, Stokes is a gamble! Hogg had a Weston Super Mare, McBride=Ordinary, Bamba...not one of his better ones. Thought Deeks was good, the young full backs did ok....A bit gutted at losing, but Celtic in reality could have been 3 up at half time.

Hate losing football matches, but young Wotherspoon will stop me getting to down in the dumps.

Quote Originally Posted by corrie greens View Post
    Wotherspoon looks some prospect, Benji should have been on instead of Stokes (who was blowing oot his erse and looked like a player who hasn't scored for 3 years) Regardless of what folkls say, Stokes is a gamble! Hogg had a Weston Super Mare, McBride=Ordinary, Bamba...not one of his better ones. Thought Deeks was good, the young full backs did ok....A bit gutted at losing, but Celtic in reality could have been 3 up at half time.

Hate losing football matches, but young Wotherspoon will stop me getting to down in the dumps.
    Wotherspoon was a definite plus, but the standard of football was very poor, especially from Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    when we beat celtc at home last year it was a total flook, we didnt play well and John Rankin scored form the halway line cos boruc was sleeping. Id say that performance today was a massive improvement on last years win.

The other game we didnt lose was a 0-0 backs to the wall 90 mins in which we done nothing at all.
    Except get some points.