hibs.net Messageboard

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: magseven7

Russell Anderson and Darren Barr

Anderson now being linked with a season long loan move to Dundee according to Scottish Sun. Hopefully we can swoop in there and make a move. It would probably be better for us to get him on loan too, see what he is like with the option of a permanant deal at the end of the season?

Also seen in the Metro today that Eddie May is resigned to losing Darren Barr to us at the end of the season. Surely it would not cost much to make the deal permanant before the window shuts?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: magseven7
    Source:

Darren Barr story

Cant'd find a link for the Anderson story, sorry.

Surely one of this pair will be at ER by Tuesday.

Dundee!? That's a pretty low level? Or did you mean Dundee united? If so, the last thing they need is another good cb.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Nah it is Dundee. Seems like theyve agreed a deal with Sunderland, just need the player to agree.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys89 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dundee!? That's a pretty low level? Or did you mean Dundee united? If so, the last thing they need is another good cb.
    Dundee have a bit of cash to spend and have realistic ambitions to reach the SPL They are leaking goals at the moment though and are on the lookout for an experienced defender/s.

@hibs.net private member wazoo1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weeonly162 View Post
    Dundee have a bit of cash to spend and have realistic ambitions to reach the SPL They are leaking goals at the moment though and are on the lookout for an experienced defender/s.
    True dat
    I was reading Eric Patons interview in the paper the other day and he was saying he couldn't understand how the same players were conceding so many goals this season . Makes sense for them to go and try for him anyway , he had a bad injury for the last year and i don't think he's played much at all . I would rather have Barr anyway he has potential to make us a good few quid if he keeps progressing the way he has in the last couple of years .

I believe Yogi when he says he is not interested in Russell Anderson

Bamba, Hogg, Murray, Thicot, McCormack and Moyes - six centre-backs already with Barr possibly coming our way

A few of those guys can play full back as well

I can see why Yogi is coming out and saying he is not interested in Anderson, but I think its cause his main focus is on getting Barr.

I rate Anderson but the fact is, he is very very injury prone, severely lacking first team football and maybe only has a few years left in him. I know he's not that old but I think his best days are past him

Barr on the other hand is up and coming, has proved himself with a smaller club, been called in to the scotland squad recently and a player that could potentially give hibs a good few seasons before (lets be honest) we could cash in on him, make the wages and fee's we paid him over the few season back plus more.

Anderson has already had his big career move, whereas Barr still has alot to prove

Quote Originally Posted by dirtydirk View Post
    I can see why Yogi is coming out and saying he is not interested in Anderson, but I think its cause his main focus is on getting Barr.

I rate Anderson but the fact is, he is very very injury prone, severely lacking first team football and maybe only has a few years left in him. I know he's not that old but I think his best days are past him

Barr on the other hand is up and coming, has proved himself with a smaller club, been called in to the scotland squad recently and a player that could potentially give hibs a good few seasons before (lets be honest) we could cash in on him, make the wages and fee's we paid him over the few season back plus more.

Anderson has already had his big career move, whereas Barr still has alot to prove
    have to agree, but cant help feeling if we dont spend a bit cash on barr now
    and he has a good season with falkirk there will be english teams with bigger wage budgets than ours ready to step in come january.

c'mon rod... it makes sense.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magnificent_seven View Post
    Source:

Darren Barr story

Cant'd find a link for the Anderson story, sorry.

Surely one of this pair will be at ER by Tuesday.
    That to me looks like a clear case of a manager preparing his supporters for the inevitable departure.

"Look guys we had to sell him now to get some cash as in a year's time he was gone for nothing.

Seen it many many times from Hibs

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by 49years a Hibee View Post
    I believe Yogi when he says he is not interested in Russell Anderson

Bamba, Hogg, Murray, Thicot, McCormack and Moyes - six centre-backs already with Barr possibly coming our way

A few of those guys can play full back as well
    Is on a season-long loan at Livingston, according to the Scotsman's website today.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorburn1 View Post
    That to me looks like a clear case of a manager preparing his supporters for the inevitable departure.

"Look guys we had to sell him now to get some cash as in a year's time he was gone for nothing.

Seen it many many times from Hibs

That is exactly how I see it too mate..

Think we have saw and heard similar things prior to a player leaving so many times before..

I'd expect Barr to sign by Tuesday, and either Van Zanten as part of a deal or McCann on loan for a season..