hibs.net Messageboard

Faxed Back to Kaunas

Transfer Window predictions for wir team

I predict that Darren Barr ( or the dutch version De Barr probably better ) will be signed and will be our new right back. Bet ye. I am so sure on this one although I don't know why.

2. Log in to remove the advert

May has offered Flynn, who is on a season-long loan from Liverpool, a permanent deal and will continue his bid to extend Scotland defender Barr's stay beyond next summer.
    May added: "I think it`s important as well that people know we`re trying to retain Darren Barr for a little longer, and Scott Arfield and Tam Scobbie along with Ryan Flynn. We`re not here to sell people, sell people, sell people. We`re here to develop a football club, as we have done in the last six years, and keep on progressing in the right direction."

(Thursday 27th August)

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/270820...n-quartet.html

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I remember JC sayin the same about Brown and thompson and look how that turned out. Money talks

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by burleynomore View Post
    I predict that Darren Barr ( or the dutch version De Barr probably better ) will be signed and will be our new right back. Bet ye. I am so sure on this one although I don't know why.
    If Barr is signed it won't be as a right back IMO. Yogi played him all season at centre half, he got capped at that position, yogi says he wants his full backs to be like wingers so a centre half wouldn't really work there and finally Barr has already stated he's not happy being played at full back at falkirk as he sees himself as a centre half.

I think we're crying out for a right back but i doubt if Barr is the right back we need.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    I know this is for 'wir team' but can't help noticing that there's a thread on KB suggesting that Raphael Nadé, yes - you guessed it - fat man's brother, was at Tynie tonight with his agent another one! Please god.

@hibs.net private member ano hibby's Avatar
    If you read the interview with Yogi on main site he seems to think Wotherspoon could have the potential to be a good RB. That would be a bonus for us - clearly not ready to be play 35 games a season but great potential.

“Yes I was going to play David Wotherspoon at right-back on Saturday, and it broke my heart to have to leave him out of that team. We felt he could play at right back, he is full of energy – I have to say I think the boy is outstanding, no point in beating about the bush! That boy has a big, big future in this game – if I was a parent of David I’d be very proud of him, and not just because of his football but because of the way he conducts himself.

“He never gives you any trouble and has some great values that I think makes him the player he is. It’s my job to keep nurturing him – you know if he gets 15 games in this first season as a senior player then that’s not a bad return. If he keeps doing what he is doing we might have found a right-back, you never know.”
    "We've also been unsure about what has happened to the receipts of the players who have been sold."
    George Foulkes BBC website 20/3/08

I can see Darren Barr being signed with Nish being used as part exchange. May has stated that he is looking for an experienced striker.

Quote Originally Posted by ano hibby View Post
    If you read the interview with Yogi on main site he seems to think Wotherspoon could have the potential to be a good RB. That would be a bonus for us - clearly not ready to be play 35 games a season but great potential.

“Yes I was going to play David Wotherspoon at right-back on Saturday, and it broke my heart to have to leave him out of that team. We felt he could play at right back, he is full of energy – I have to say I think the boy is outstanding, no point in beating about the bush! That boy has a big, big future in this game – if I was a parent of David I’d be very proud of him, and not just because of his football but because of the way he conducts himself.

“He never gives you any trouble and has some great values that I think makes him the player he is. It’s my job to keep nurturing him – you know if he gets 15 games in this first season as a senior player then that’s not a bad return. If he keeps doing what he is doing we might have found a right-back, you never know.”
    Not wanting to put pressure on him but could he be the new John Brownlie.

Quote Originally Posted by YehButNo But View Post
    Not wanting to put pressure on him but could he be the new John Brownlie.

"Not wanting to put pressure on him" At nineteen John Brownlie had already been capped by Scotland & by 21 he was already keeping the likes of Sandy Jardine & Danny McGrain out of the Scotland right back position, [all before before that dam leg break], no pressure though

2 or 3 in .. 3 out

Quote Originally Posted by Ray-in-ireland View Post
    "Not wanting to put pressure on him" At nineteen John Brownlie had already been capped by Scotland & by 21 he was already keeping the likes of Sandy Jardine & Danny McGrain out of the Scotland right back position, [all before before that dam leg break], no pressure though
    Your memory is better than mine.

So whats holding him back then, get him in the team every week.

Quote Originally Posted by YehButNo But View Post
    So whats holding him back then, get him in the team every week.
    I think the only thing holding him back is that he's ONLY 19. And I don't think has played RB before...

Yogi has not only inherited another good crop of youngsters but seems to be creative in where he plays them, in 'Spoon's case. Or is he just 'playing players out of position'?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    2 or 3 in .. 3 out
    Is this an educated guess or just a Greggs ? or even better a confirmed piece of knowledge.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs7 View Post
    Is this an educated guess or just a Greggs ? or even better a confirmed piece of knowledge.
    TQM?

Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!