hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Brechin City

Brechin City

Looking forward to this game on Wednesday. I would have been dreading it last year and seeing it a potential banana skin. Now I expect Stokesy and/or Byrne to get their first Hibernian goals at senior level.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Think I am right in saying that this will be the first time that Duff Jimmy has been back in charge of a team and will be followed on Sunday by another previous manager coming back for the first time with a new team. Not sure that I would give him much of an ovation. Don't think that there is much chance of him arriving in a helicopter this time.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think I am right in saying that this will be the first time that Duff Jimmy has been back in charge of a team and will be followed on Sunday by another previous manager coming back for the first time with a new team. Not sure that I would give him much of an ovation. Don't think that there is much chance of him arriving in a helicopter this time.
    Did you see the article in the Sunday Times yesterday? I can't find it online to post a link but basically the story goes that he can't understand why Hibs fans still blame him for getting us relegated. He left in the February he says so how can it be his fault? He still gets asked by Hibs fans why did you do this, why did you do that he says. Maybe because some of his decisions and signings were so bad that 11/12 years on we still can't believe it?!

He comes across even more of a clueless clown than he does on the radio/TV.

I've got nothing against Brechin but I hope for Duff Jimmy's sake it's as big a humiliation as is possible.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Totally looking forward to this. I'll be stood on the edge of my seat for 90 minutes as we probably give ourselves a fright.

And yes, West Standers, I said stood on my seat!

I've always quite liked Brechin. I don't think Duffy was a very inspiring appointment after Michael O'Neill.

I don't think he's very good manager, but I liked him as a player and he did well to come back after serious injury.

can you pay at the gate ?

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    He managed Dundee several times against Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    He managed Dundee several times against Hibs.
    That famous 4-4 game, which saw the best and worse of Mowbray's style.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by 7Hero View Post
    can you pay at the gate ?
    There's no danger of a sellout so yes.

cheers toads

First Team Breakthrough Oscar Lomax's Avatar
    I cant believe some supporters are taking this so lightly. I have followed Hibs for 30 years and games that they were expected to win against lower league opposition in up ties have turned in to embarassing defeat....
    Im not saying we wont win but I think we should treat Brechin with the same respect as Celtic will get on Sunday....
    Ive seen it to many times.

First Team Breakthrough .SeventyFive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Lomax View Post
    I cant believe some supporters are taking this so lightly. I have followed Hibs for 30 years and games that they were expected to win against lower league opposition in up ties have turned in to embarassing defeat....
    Im not saying we wont win but I think we should treat Brechin with the same respect as Celtic will get on Sunday....
    I'm crapping myself. Actually have more confidence in beating Celtic than Brechin.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Lomax View Post
    Totally. Maybe not the strongest XI but strong enough to put the game beyond doubt then let some fringe players have a run out.

Give Nish and Stokes the chance for that all important and confidence boosting first goal of the season each.

We should really go for it, and put on a show for the fans too. A show of intent for the season ahead.

And besides, the Brechin fans are travelling to see their team take on an SPL side so lets give them an SPL side worth the journey.