hibs.net Messageboard

Daryl Broadfoot article on Scottish game

I'm not normally Daryl Broadfoot's biggest fan, but this article is pretty much on the money IMO

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/hea...t_survival.php

There is normally an over-exaggeration of the Scottish game's plight when the clubs perform badly in Europe and the national team takes a bit of hiding, but I sense things could well be as bad as they appear to be. I have to say, when I watched Hibs-Falkirk on Saturday and tried to objectively summarise the game, all I could think was that it was a miracle that each team held onto possession for more than 3 or 4 passes. Same with the Huns-Yams game yesterday.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    yeah excellent article....... I read somewhere that to progress in football you need to play or practise 24 hours per week. Kids today might play 6 hours a week when not long ago you used to play for hours during the summer months. Look at other sports - swimmers train 4- 6 hours per day. Circus performers put in long hours to perfect their skills while footballers at least in Scotland probably don't actually train enough.
    We used to have great players but with no head for the game ! Now we have very average players with still no head for the game.

Sad fact is that everything has been done to keep the old firm at the top to the detriment of the game in general.

Quote Originally Posted by euro Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Circus performers put in long hours to perfect their skills...

I foresee comments related to Zibby coming up...