hibs.net Messageboard

La Liga 09/10 - TV Coverage

Anyone know where Spanish football is being covered this season, can't see anything about it on the Sky site, or any tv guide.

Disappointing as I used to enjoy watching these matches on a Sunday evening.

Thanks

2. Log in to remove the advert

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    nothing on the standard listings (http://www.livesportontv.com/football) but this site
    http://www.livesoccertv.com/competitions/spain/primera-division/
    has them down as online (via Bet and Win)

ESPN shows coverage in the US. Here's hoping is not some dispute for showing in Europe.

Just six days ahead of the start of a new season, no British broadcaster has secured the rights to screen Spanish football. BSkyB's deal to show La Liga expired in the summer and the satellite giant is reluctant to meet the £15m-a-season asking price. (The Sunday Times)

From bbc gossip column

Just been announced that Sky Sports has signed a new deal to show La Liga for the next 3 years.

Starts on Saturday with Real Madrid's first game.

Does anyone know if most/all of La Liga and Premiership games are going to be on Sky Sports 1? I've got Virgin Media and the whole sky sports package costs too much for me but I could get Sky Sports 1 for about a tenner. Worth it?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir
    Quote Originally Posted by jakedance View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone know if most/all of La Liga and Premiership games are going to be on Sky Sports 1? I've got Virgin Media and the whole sky sports package costs too much for me but I could get Sky Sports 1 for about a tenner. Worth it?
    Don't think they all are. It changes depending on what other sporting events are on, for instance, Super Sunday was on Sky Sports 2 yesterday because of the Ashes. Spanish defo been on either 1, 2, 3 or extra over the years.