PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    no more than a booking tho. Blacks challenge on Monday night was much worse

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no more than a booking tho. Blacks challenge on Monday night was much worse
    Nope, that was a red card.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    I didn't think it possible to despise the man any more than I already did. The man is a complete coward.

Quote Originally Posted by frazerbob View Post
    I didn't think it possible to despise the man any more than I already did. The man is a complete coward.

Over the moon he got a red. Keith Jackson may help him pay the fine

Left by mutual consent!
    Although I hate the guy with a passion that was terrible refereeing as usual from him and I wouldn't expect any less from Ian Black.

It was a attempt to block a punt up the park and the trailing leg caught Black - a booking for sure but not exactly a malicious challenge. Bamba had far worse challenges yesterday.

Did Thomson(Craig) fail to notice the leading leg was certainly hurled out but at least one ot two foot in front of Black's boot??

what about a decent refereeing allowing for that plus Thomson(Kevin) just back from a long absence and booking him with a strong word.

murder decision - reminded me of Rankin's booking yesterday where his trailing knee caught Twaddle.

Quote Originally Posted by Toaods View Post
    Although I hate the guy with a passion that was terrible refereeing as usual from him and I wouldn't expect any less from Ian Black.

It was a attempt to block a punt up the park and the trailing leg caught Black - a booking for sure but not exactly a malicious challenge. Bamba had far worse challenges yesterday.

Did Thomson(Craig) fail to notice the leading leg was certainly hurled out but at least one ot two foot in front of Black's boot??

what about a decent refereeing allowing for that plus Thomson(Kevin) just back from a long absence and booking him with a strong word.

murder decision - reminded me of Rankin's booking yesterday where his trailing knee caught Twaddle.
    it's quite worrying if referees are now saying those types of challenges are red card offences, don't think they'll be many games finishing 11 v 11

which ones?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna_Asylum View Post
    which ones?
    almost all of them - he leads with his shoulders and arms - I'm not saying Bamba was dirty either but he does impact the man direct, Thomson and Rankin merely caught the other player, both low down, neither with any studs.

Watch the second half of the hearts game - there will be worse challenges than Thomson made by both sides that don't even have a foul awarded against them.

almost all of them - he leads with his shoulders and arms - I'm not saying Bamba was dirty either but he does impact the man direct, Thomson and Rankin merely caught the other player, both low down, neither with any studs.

Watch the second half of the hearts game - there will be worse challenges than Thomson made by both sides that don't even have a foul awarded against them.
    Bizzare.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

I cant agree toads, Thomsons tackle was an ankle breaker, a cowardly tackle. None of Bamba's tackles were.

He can hardly leave them behind in the dressing room!

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron1875 View Post
    Sent off

GIRUY
    Ha Ha!

Thomsons a fud!

Sent off for a tackle on Black. He should have tried to break the wee fanny's leg!

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I am with Toaods on this. Barely a yellow. Shocking decision. Hearts player did exactly the same in tee second half(I forget who) and wasn't even spoken to. One if the better refs too but got that wrong along with the penalty decision. CrIb Thomson had spoor game IMO

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    An unquestionable booking, but never in a million years was it a red! Still, Thomson evened it up, as it was never a penalty either.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I disagree, i have watched it again. Thomson made no attempt to go for the ball. That was dangerous play in anyones book, and thats why it was a red card. It was a cowardly tackle, a tackle he thought he would get away with, one of those tackles that lets the player know he's in a game. It was dangerous, he caught the players standing leg, while making no attempt to play the ball. Straight red, correct in my book.

A no loser for a Hibby a judas kicks another - great

Not seen the tackle in question yet but what i heard from guys on radio was shocking & for tratior walter to come out with a statement saying "I don't think there was any great contact made and obviously if there had been, the player would never have been able to continue in the manner he did do for the rest of the game" says to me the intent was there n he deserved to go

GIRFUY

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I disagree, i have watched it again. Thomson made no attempt to go for the ball. That was dangerous play in anyones book, and thats why it was a red card. It was a cowardly tackle, a tackle he thought he would get away with, one of those tackles that lets the player know he's in a game. It was dangerous, he caught the players standing leg, while making no attempt to play the ball. Straight red, correct in my book.
    Exactly how I saw it

Left by mutual consent!
    his leading leg was angled but in front of Black and Black's outstretched boot. He clearly did attempt to play the ball and not the man as he dived in hard to block the flight of the ball, just like Jonesy done every week and millions of others around the planet do for a living . Bamba done the same last week at ER to a standing ovation.

Promising Youngster

Thumbs Up

No doubt about it he had to go

Left by mutual consent! New Corrie's Avatar
    A Hibs fan tries to cement a Maroon Balloon at Tynie, and still ends up on the winning side.....Tremendous

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by corrie greens View Post
    A Hibs fan tries to cement a Maroon Balloon at Tynie, and still ends up on the winning side.....Tremendous
    Leaving aside the technical (un)niceties
    of the incident, this is how I'm feeling!

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Straight red for me, Thomson had no intention whatsoever of playing the ball, lunged in from several yards and the only thing that was stopping him was Ian Black's legs.

“Using excessive force”means that the player has far
    exceeded the necessary use of force and is in danger of
    injuring his opponent
    • Excessive force = red card
    Last edited by PaulSmith; 23-08-2009 at 09:12 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    I agree with TOAODS - it was worthy of a yellow card.

It reminded me of the tackle Morais got sent off for at Motherwell a couple of years ago.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I agree with TOAODS - it was worthy of a yellow card.

It reminded me of the tackle Morais got sent off for at Motherwell a couple of years ago.

good recall....that's you, me, Greenlex and Walter Smith in agreement then.

Left by mutual consent!
    I'm still not sure if it was a definate red or not but that's the same kind of challenge the snidey little coward does all the time!

Remember when he nailed Yantorno like that last season knowing fine well he'd just came back from the same injury he had in the past!

He's a complete coward, will never EVER go into a 50-50 tackle like that but will fly in reclessley when he knows he won't be in danger..

If that was a Hibs player I reckon he'd of walked aswell and if it happened to a Hibs player we'd be screaming for a red for the opposition player..

Fletcher walked for far less last season so in that context it was a straight red..

Nae joy for him anyway..

Horrible little welt..

When I saw it live, I thought he had to go. Then I saw it in slow motion from one angle and it looks worthy of no more than a booking and then I saw it for a third time, again in slow motion, but from a different angle and it looked like a red card again.

I've seen worse tackles being met with yellow cards but I can see why the referee's given it.

Personally I think Ian Black knew what he was doing and was "cute".

Still, I've got no sympathy whatsoever with Thomson.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    I am with Toaods on this. Barely a yellow. Shocking decision. Hearts player did exactly the same in tee second half(I forget who) and wasn't even spoken to. One if the better refs too but got that wrong along with the penalty decision. CrIb Thomson had spoor game IMO
    Sure its Thomson (craig) who's a Yam, formerly of the Rainbow bus in Corstorphine
    Last edited by RickyS; 23-08-2009 at 09:40 PM.

Blog Entries
    Scottish refs are far too quick to reach for cards IMO. At weekend the 6 SPL games resulted in 26 yellows & 1 red whereas 10 EPL games, including 2 London derbies, resulted in 21 yellows.
    The refs are aided & abetted by our wonderful media, both yesterday & today they were saying Bamba should have been sent off. What for a goal celebration & a hand flick ( which missed ) at a player who had pulled his hair? Conroy actually got it right for once. If we applied the standards the journos want then about 4 would have had to go with the funny playground scuffle at end of Yams game yesterday.
    PS, anyone want to bet how many yellows/reds Susie will pick up this season? Talk about a face you want to punch!