hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Arfield

Arfield

For what i seen yesterday that laddie would walk into our team no problem at all ,i think our midfield is to lightweight just now ,upfront we look solid but theres definately room for improvement in the midfield especially somewhere were we are lacking qaulity .
    How much do you think we could get him for?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    I wouldn't make his signing a priority to be honest. Zemmama, Murray, Rankin and Riordan can all play in his position.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbage07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For what i seen yesterday that laddie would walk into our team no problem at all ,i think our midfield is to lightweight just now ,upfront we look solid but theres definately room for improvement in the midfield especially somewhere were we are lacking qaulity .
    How much do you think we could get him for?
    300-500k.

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    I wouldn't make his signing a priority to be honest. Zemmama, Murray, Rankin and Riordan can all play in his position.
    I would rather have deek playing up front

Quote Originally Posted by cabbage07 View Post
    I would rather have deek playing up front
    Then take your pick of Zemmama, Rankin and Murray then.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Hes a good player but dont think midfield is a priority really; we have alot of attacking options, its defensively that work needs done, could do with a RB and maybe another CB brought in imo (and not Barr)!

Then take your pick of Zemmama, Rankin and Murray then.
    Why? If 442, Zemmama would be playing on the right as hes the main contender ahead of Wotherspoon, Murray will probably be at Left Back, or if Bamba leaves, CB, or competing with Cregg and McBride for the defensively minded CM role whereas Arfield is an attackingly minded player, so he would only be competing with Rankin for that other CM really. If Rankin is considered for the LM role in a 442 competing with Galbraith and Stevenson, then theres a lot of room for him in our squad and XI.

First Team Breakthrough Mr Magoo's Avatar
    It was in the Sunday Mail that Rods was in discussion with the falkirk chairman

Promising Youngster
    exactly the type of player we should be targeting, young, bags of energy, skillful and improving. would defo improve the team. despite us securing stokes I think arfield is probably too expensive for us this year..........unless he wants to come and play for the arsenal of the north for a burton-on-trent wage but if we can structure a deal for stokes then why not arfield?

I would be pleased by the quality of the signing don't get me wrong. However, there are more urgent areas of the pitch that need attention - namely Centre Half. We've aleady got Galbraith, who i forgot about, as well.

Arfield is exactly the sort of player Hibs should be looking at imho as he will yield a larger transfer fee in the near future. I think there has possibly been a slight change in the transfer policy of Hibs the last season or two whereby they are quite happy to back the manager by bringing in players who will potentially attract interest at a far higher fee than paid for them. Given the activity from Hibs this season 2nd only to Celtic in terms of player aquisitions I think the board should be applauded for reinvesting money into the team.

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    It was in the Sunday Mail that Rods was in discussion with the falkirk chairman
    Oh to be a fly on the wall

££££ £££ ££ £ How much ! naw sorry to dear

Quote Originally Posted by brownlies bits View Post
    Oh to be a fly on the wall

££££ £££ ££ £ How much ! naw sorry to dear
    What? You mean like with Stokes? Or Riordan?

Promising Youngster
    What? You mean like with Stokes? Or Riordan?
    Falkirk have put a price of £1 000 000 on Arfield, I know the Tache is a reformed character but hey come on, he has already opened his wallet this year

Falkirk have put a price of £1 000 000 on Arfield, I know the Tache is a reformed character but hey come on, he has already opened his wallet this year
    Tache will punt £1m on a twenty year old for a three year contract cause he knows that he can move him on for £3m after 18 months. As i've said, we are no longer a selling club, we're a trading club.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Tache will punt £1m on a twenty year old for a three year contract cause he knows that he can move him on for £3m after 18 months. As i've said, we are no longer a selling club, we're a trading club.

Nail, Head,Wallop.

The Ajax/Monaco of Scotland

I think they may part with him for £500,000. If they moved on in Europe, I would agree with £1m though.

Imo midfield is the weakest area of the hibs squad right now. Even yesterday I thought our defence, in general, looked ok (with Bamba especially impressive) and when we got the ball to Stokes or Deek we looked quite dangerous however in midfield we didn't compete imo - i literally didn't know Cregg was playing until his was subbed - and I thought McBride was poor too. Rankin was the only one Id have given pass marks to. I think midfield is definately where we need to strengthen (assuming Bamba stays) and I think Arfield could walk into our side right now and make a very positive contribution.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by F'Res Hibbie View Post
    Imo midfield is the weakest area of the hibs squad right now. Even yesterday I thought our defence, in general, looked ok (with Bamba especially impressive) and when we got the ball to Stokes or Deek we looked quite dangerous however in midfield we didn't compete imo - i literally didn't know Cregg was playing until his was subbed - and I thought McBride was poor too. Rankin was the only one Id have given pass marks to. I think midfield is definately where we need to strengthen (assuming Bamba stays) and I think Arfield could walk into our side right now and make a very positive contribution.
    Rankin, Cregg and McBride are OK, but too much-of-a-muchness, run-up-and-down-all-day-long, they will play in the same pedestrian, predictable way game after game. Without Zemmama there is no spark or creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    Rankin, Cregg and McBride are OK, but too much-of-a-muchness, run-up-and-down-all-day-long, they will play in the same pedestrian, predictable way game after game. Without Zemmama there is no spark or creativity.

My laddie came in this morning and said he heard last night from a mate that Boozy is to sign Monday, hopefully if all the rumours are true then that'll add to the midfield.

Shoudn't we just buy the whole Falkirk team seeing they were such a success last season?

Quote Originally Posted by JC50 View Post
    My laddie came in this morning and said he heard last night from a mate that Boozy is to sign Monday, hopefully if all the rumours are true then that'll add to the midfield.
    thot we where signing anderson+ ayling
    now there talking about boozy + arfield
    the board are certainly backing YOGI if this comes true