hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strips Today

Question Strips Today

OK I'm getting old and my eyes are not as good as they used to be, but today I found it hard to pick out who was who on the TV.
    Both teams had white selves and wore white shorts making it hard to distinguish who was the Falkirk player and who was Hibs player, same goes with Maka and the officials in all red.
    Anybody else have that problem?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Not just you mate, it was very difficult.
    Think the sunlight contributed as well.

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar
    Yeah but maybe old age setting in Its a bugger int it

Was complaining about the exact same thing, must have been the sunlight as said, was difficult thought falkirk were 1 on 1 about 20 times haha.

Quote Originally Posted by thebakerboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah but maybe old age setting in Its a bugger int it
    It sure is, mind you I should get one off those fancy things that all people seem to have these days..........................A COLOR TV!!

Quote Originally Posted by WhosYourDaddy View Post
    OK I'm getting old and my eyes are not as good as they used to be, but today I found it hard to pick out who was who on the TV.
    Both teams had white selves and wore white shorts making it hard to distinguish who was the Falkirk player and who was Hibs player, same goes with Maka and the officials in all red.
    Anybody else have that problem?
    Aye it wasnae good. Both teams with white sleeves and shorts - in bright sunshine - made it confusing

It sure is, mind you I should get one off those fancy things that all people seem to have these days..........................A COLOR TV!!
    YOU MEAN TV IS NOW IN COLOUR THOUGHT I WAS WATCHING ARSENAL TODAY PLAYING HIBS

Maybe the ref had the same problem! And ended up booking six Hibs players instead of those cheatin' Falkirk welts!!

Agree with the above and also, surely the ref shouldn't have worn the same colour as Maka? Mind you, there was a slight difference in the sizes to help us tell them apart

YOU MEAN TV IS NOW IN COLOUR THOUGHT I WAS WATCHING ARSENAL TODAY PLAYING HIBS
    No just a color tv, I here most folks have one of those russian sputnik things in the hoose!!

No just a color tv, I here most folks have one of those russian sputnik things in the hoose!!
    Is that a satelite thingy you mean they are worse than this world wide web crap they are all talking about

@hibs.net private member
    I thought it was okay but my 12 year old was moaning about it- he is colourblind and I blamed it on that

@hibs.net private member Silver Fox's Avatar
    I agree, I wondered why we weren't wearing our away kit today.

Is that a satelite thingy you mean they are worse than this world wide web crap they are all talking about
    Must be a big spider!!!

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    As many have mentioned the eyes are no what they were....but my younger son was saying "can't see the problem"....Did the rules no state that you couldn't wear the same jersey type, shorts or socks. old

Just reassuring that it's no just me being a fuddy-dud...

I bought the away strip and wore it to Bolton game and wearingi today watching the tv. It was really confusing with the strips today on tv and even Maka 's being the same as the refs.Why did Hibs not wear their away strips? This is the first game that ever justified an away strips and us supporters who bought the away strips are taken for mugs, some say against celtc but it is easily distinguished between our and their hoops.

Are Hibs for the season not going to wear their away strips? if they dont, I want my money back!!

First Team Breakthrough .SeventyFive's Avatar
    Yeah it was a nightmare!

A shout of "Why are there 2 Hibs players going for the ball?!" was common this afternoon.

Finally we have found a team where it is practical to wear the away shirt.

I thought it was just my rubbish eye sight but the white sleeves and shorts really got me today.

Tried to work it out by using which way Hibs were attacking but it was really confusing in the middle of the par etc.

glad to see this thread..my mate looked at me like i was an idiot when i told him i was struggling to tell the difference between shirts !!...

i'd still prefer they wore the home strip, whenever possible, when colours permit !

Left by mutual consent!
    I thought the coverage from ESPN was no too bad considering they are new to the game.

Liked the walk about the dressing rooms before the game,and the interviews with both managers. Superb I thought

Didn't like Colin Henry as a pundit, too dour for me. Booth is a knob jockey but at least he has some enthusiasm.

The strips were too similar today, no doubt about it. The sun probably didn't help either. These are just a few things ESPN should be taking note of.

Oh and almost forgot to mention the subbie of Deeks?? Not sure if I missed it or if ESPNmissed it too?? Anyone???

Wasn't sure why deek was subbed...he got a great applause tho..would have liked to have seen him go for his hatrick tho..

i was a bit worried one of the yellow carders was going to walk and hoped yogi would maybe sub one/two of them...

glad we got away with it tho and no bans..yet !

Yip, said the same thing as soon as the game kicked off - couldn't tell which was which. I was sure Hibs would be told to change their shirts (or shorts) at HT, but nope.

ESPN have huge experience in sports broadcasting, so surprised at their naivety.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    To be fair the clash with the home tops were that there was too much white (sleeves, shorts and top of socks) so I don't see how Hibs moving to an all white top would've helped...

Maybe Falkirk should've used their 'European' 3rd kit!!?

The Maka and the Referee wearing the same strip though should not have happened. Ref and asst's could have quite easily worn yellow, black or the light blue version

Falkirk should have worn their away strip. I hope you're not suggesting Hibs should have worn more green i.e. green shorts? Don't please - I've only just had my breakfast!

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GREEN SKYE View Post
    I thought the coverage from ESPN was no too bad considering they are new to the game.

Liked the walk about the dressing rooms before the game,and the interviews with both managers. Superb I thought

Didn't like Colin Henry as a pundit, too dour for me. Booth is a knob jockey but at least he has some enthusiasm.

The strips were too similar today, no doubt about it. The sun probably didn't help either. These are just a few things ESPN should be taking note of.

Oh and almost forgot to mention the subbie of Deeks?? Not sure if I missed it or if ESPNmissed it too?? Anyone???
    A bit understandable at the moment, no?

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GREEN SKYE View Post

I would perhaps give Colin Hendry the benefit of the doubt for the time being, he only lost his wife a few weeks ago so I think he deserves some credit being back in the public eye so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz23jc View Post
    Maybe the ref had the same problem! And ended up booking six Hibs players instead of those cheatin' Falkirk welts!!
    Finnegan was a nasty piece of work.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    I would perhaps give Colin Hendry the benefit of the doubt for the time being, he only lost his wife a few weeks ago so I think he deserves some credit being back in the public eye so soon.
    Yep I suppose your right. Can't be easy for the big fella. But at the same time I just don't see him as a good cadidate for being a regular pundit? I hope he and ESPN up their game in the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    To be fair the clash with the home tops were that there was too much white (sleeves, shorts and top of socks) so I don't see how Hibs moving to an all white top would've helped...

Clubs should really have a change strip that it totally different from their home one (I'd personally go for all yellow). An all white strip against Celtic would actually be much worse than wearing the home strip.

When did Falkirk start having white sleeves?It was hopeless for viewing-not helped by some of the camera long shots which seemed to be through the wrong end of a telescope while bouncing on a trampoline.Reminded me of the heyday of Scotsport-bring back Arthur.