This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what does fwiw mean?
    For what it's worth

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blueisthecolour View Post
    what does fwiw mean?
    "Free Walter Ignatius Wilson"

RoYo has been campaigning for his release for some time, usually puts that at the start of all his posts

For what it's worth, I think he's right and he should be released
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    what does fwiw mean?
    Bet you know what FTP means though eh

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    hibs have scored 5 goals this season

and rankin has 3 assists....
    Well done Rankin.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    F*** Theo Paphitis ?
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

harsh of you to expect a bluenose to remember the Famous Tommy Preston

thought this might be worth a mention, the amount of abuse that rankin gets on here by some and at the game is quite amazing.

I've defended him on this board after some have branded him 'terrible'. lets wait and see what yogi gets out of him. played well so far this season.

thought this might be worth a mention, the amount of abuse that rankin gets on here by some and at the game is quite amazing.

I've defended him on this board after some have branded him 'terrible'. lets wait and see what yogi gets out of him. played well so far this season.
    One thing you get from Rankin is he works his socks off, and always gives 100%.....Very important player IMO

Rankin is alright, no more no less.

I'd like to have a better quality of player than him, but with our budget it's not always possible, does a job, gives 100%, no complaints from me.

Far too easy a target. He's a decent enough player with a great attitude IMO and Hughes might be the manager to get the best out of him.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye...® View Post

Far too easy a target. He's a decent enough player with a great attitude IMO and Hughes might be the manager to get the best out of him.

Good corner for Sol's goal; lovely pass/cross low to the near post for Deek's first. His booking was IMO him taking one for the team.

He always works his socks off, on the field and in training, and gives 100% effort throughout a game. Guys like JR buy the space, time, and opportunity for guys like Deek to do what they do.

I really like the guy. I thought he had a very good game today.

****** the PO...........lis if i remember from my younger days

Quote Originally Posted by Hanny View Post
    For what it's worth
    Cheers mate

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    Good corner for Sol's goal; lovely pass/cross low to the near post for Deek's first. His booking was IMO him taking one for the team.

He always works his socks off, on the field and in training, and gives 100% effort throughout a game. Guys like JR buy the space, time, and opportunity for guys like Deek to do what they do.

I really like the guy. I thought he had a very good game today.
    Totally agree.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Very underrated. Never gives less than 100%, and done all the running in a very static team last season.

he's playing at about the right level and as long as he continues to play in the way he has over the past 18 months then i'm more than happy for him to stay at Hibs

tbh im surprised by this reaction, thought when i started the thread there would be plenty of nae sayers.....

maybe they just dont come on here when hibs win

more happy to revel in misery

tbh im surprised by this reaction, thought when i started the thread there would be plenty of nae sayers.....

maybe they just dont come on here when hibs win

more happy to revel in misery
    Funny that cos a wee peek on Keekback shows that theres been 106 new Yams registering on a dire week for them...

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    I've got to say that whilst John Rankin will probably never contribute more than the odd decent set-piece and "squiggler", he's 100% guaranteed to run his socks off and as a Hibs fan, all I ask of the players who wear the jersey is that they run themselves into the ground.

Rankin gives you that at as standard.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by heidtheba View Post
    Funny that cos a wee peek on Keekback shows that theres been 106 new Yams registering on a dire week for them...
    its soon to be 107! really considering signing up to revel in their misery

Lets not give em one more than that tho eh...

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    You make me sniff. A lot.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Left by mutual consent!
    You supposed to be undercover

Take a look at the sig and weep

what does fwiw mean?
    ***** the huns

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    I've got to say that whilst John Rankin will probably never contribute more than the odd decent set-piece and "squiggler", he's 100% guaranteed to run his socks off and as a Hibs fan, all I ask of the players who wear the jersey is that they run themselves into the ground.

Rankin gives you that at as standard.
    The thing with the team is that the system Hughes' chooses to play will need varying degrees of grafters, runners and flair types. If Yogi has JR as an integral part of his system, doing his job better than anyone else in the squad, then there's no point bemoaning him for not being a Boozy or whoever, because he's fulfilling the role he's meant to. He's doing his job.

The criticism always makes me laugh - 99.99999% of us are nowhere near his ability, good enough to be playing for one of the better-off SPL clubs on a regular basis. If he was as bad as some make out he wouldn't be at this level. Football's very cruel and very fair in that regard - you don't last at a level above your talent for long.

The thing with the team is that the system Hughes' chooses to play will need varying degrees of grafters, runners and flair types. If Yogi has JR as an integral part of his system, doing his job better than anyone else in the squad, then there's no point bemoaning him for not being a Boozy or whoever, because he's fulfilling the role he's meant to. He's doing his job.

The criticism always makes me laugh - 99.99999% of us are nowhere near his ability, good enough to be playing for one of the better-off SPL clubs on a regular basis. If he was as bad as some make out he wouldn't be at this level. Football's very cruel and very fair in that regard - you don't last at a level above your talent for long.
    Unless you're Christian Nade

For every artist in a team, there needs to be a couple of decorators. Rankin might not be as flashy as a Zouma, Deek or Stokes, but as you say, he does what he's meant to do. Run.

Oh I did think that might raise eyebrows but no not of the Hearts persuasion. Haven't been to ER for a while however. Was a season ticket owner back under Miller in 94/95 and 95/96.

Also wondered if my 'Fulton was a nice guy' post would cause problems but was glad it didnt. Granddad was a Hearts supporter and...dads family were Rangers fans, although he couldn't give a monkeys. Actually fell out with that side of the family over it. Kid you not - true west coast persuasion.

Sorry, you've lost me. What's that got to do with anything?

Rankin's a mess of a footballer. Other than two dead ball deliveries he was a mess again today. The fact that he is 1000 times better than I ever was doesn't alter the position one jot.

He falls very comfortably into the easily replaceable category. So, let's do it.