hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The next signing for us to sit up for is ....

.... Boozy!!

Source: ex player now playing for a certain unwashed team.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Seems to be quite a lot being said about this. Would be very happy if true.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Have heard he's been offered a 3 year deal which I'd be VERY surprised about given his age and injury history

I like Boozy but I really don't see the point in this signing with the strength we have in midfield already.

A spare centre back and a right back are all that's needed now.

We do need more creativity in the midfield, Boozy would be a good addition to the squad.

1 more decent defender and we are in for a good season.

Quote Originally Posted by zlatan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like Boozy but I really don't see the point in this signing with the strength we have in midfield already.

A spare centre back and a right back are all that's needed now.
    I disagree. We created very little from open play today. Whether Boozy is the right guy or not we need someone who can bring the ball down and spray the passes about.

It would also be interesting to see whether Hughes fancied Boozy in the sweeper role. He played there once against Rangers and I thought he was outstanding, Sauzee-esque in fact. I couldn't understand why he didn't feature there more often.

Quote Originally Posted by jakedance View Post
    I disagree. We created very little from open play today. Whether Boozy is the right guy or not we need someone who can bring the ball down and spray the passes about.

It would also be interesting to see whether Hughes fancied Boozy in the sweeper role. He played there once against Rangers and I thought he was outstanding, Sauzee-esque in fact. I couldn't understand why he didn't feature there more often.
    hmm true 'dat, I won't complain if he were to return that's for sure.

Coaching Staff
    We have certain strengths in midfield now but we're still a long way from having the right amount of quality to make 3rd our own.

Would you rather have seen Stevenson or Boozy on the bench today for example?

Will rankin go on showing current form or the mediocrity of previously? Cregg and McBride didn't start games for Falkirk every week. will they keep up the form and will they avoind injury and suspension.

Boozy is class, we can use all the good players we can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

We have certain strengths in midfield now but we're still a long way from having the right amount of quality to make 3rd our own.

Will rankin go on showing current form or the mediocrity of previously? Cregg and McBride didn't start games for Falkirk every week. will they keep up the form and will they avoind injury and suspension.

Was class imho and even then that was the first season he came to Hibs! If he is so good a player why with only a week to go before most clubs will conclude their business does he still find himself a free agent?

Heard he's been offered a three year deal, which will earn him less than the one year contract he's been offered at Celtic.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: shamo9
    Quote Originally Posted by zlatan View Post
    hmm true 'dat, I won't complain if he were to return that's for sure.
    Boozy is the type of the player Yogi would love to have. If you watched the game today then you would have noticed that are passing was abysmal. We kept on panicking, chucking the ball to each other because no one wanted to take responsibility, I counted about 6 times when Rankin dived despairingly for a ball he had no chance of getting. Boozy is just the type of player to stop, breath and pick out the right pass.

Cregg, McBride and Rankin are basically just variations of the same player without any real tangible creativity. Having Boozy just sitting there would also make it so much easier for the defenders, they could just leave it to Boozy to really calm things down and instigate the next wave. Holding it up would also allow our fullbacks the opportunity to be a bit more adventurous.

Defender to Boozy. To Zemmama. To Stokes - goal...

Quote Originally Posted by shamo9 View Post
    Boozy is the type of the player Yogi would love to have. If you watched the game today then you would have noticed that are passing was abysmal. We kept on panicking, chucking the ball to each other because no one wanted to take responsibility, I counted about 6 times when Rankin dived despairingly for a ball he had no chance of getting. Boozy is just the type of player to stop, breath and pick out the right pass.

Cregg, McBride and Rankin are basically just variations of the same player without any real tangible creativity. Having Boozy just sitting there would also make it so much easier for the defenders, they could just leave it to Boozy to really calm things down and instigate the next wave. Holding it up would also allow our fullbacks the opportunity to be a bit more adventurous.

Defender to Boozy. To Zemmama. To Stokes - goal...
    I used to love to see the way Boozy would control and move his body around the ball. He just had that touch of class you don't see very often in the SPL. Even when it wasn't working out for him he had a very simple elegance and poise on the ball.

He wasn't above criticism and his form could be erratic but he's a great footballer none the less. Our squad is probably stronger now so we wouldn't have to rely on him to turn it on every week, I think he'd be a great signing.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Si_17 View Post
    Heard he's been offered a three year deal, which will earn him less than the one year contract he's been offered at Celtic.

He hasn't been offered anything by Celtic.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    I think stokes needs a boozy or zemmama for through balls

@hibs.net private member Don Giovanni's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Archie21 View Post
    Given Hughes preference for former Bairns' players I fully expect us to offer a contract to Trinidad and Tobago coach Russell Latapy...
    The wee man can pull the strings in the midfield and thread those through balls for Stokes to feed off...

get this deal done hibs

too many floated balls forward from wide positions, instead of balls in to feet also need to see more played in to channels.

Spot on.

No Zemmama and no creativity in midfield. We were crying out for a player like Boozy.

I think we have potentially our strongest attacking line up in many a long year at the moment but we need players who can supply the ammunition.

Yes we need a right back and probably a centre half too but if Boozy is available to us it's pretty much a no brainer IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
    Given Hughes preference for former Bairns' players I fully expect us to offer a contract to Trinidad and Tobago coach Russell Latapy...
    The wee man can pull the strings in the midfield and thread those through balls for Stokes to feed off...
    I realise that this is said in Jest, but I wouldn't be disappointed in that whatsoever!

Boozy is a decent player, but I wouldn't cut my wrists if he didn't come back.

Everyone seems to say he was excellent the time he played sweeper vs Rangers, but we lost 3 goals and he was sent off...

The day we can turn our noses up at a player with Boozy's touch and passing ability i'll be a very happy gadgie. We are no where near that day(yet). His composure,vision and link up play would make him a most welcome addition to the squad and good compitition for the other centre midfielders.

The development of Brown and Thomson owed a lot to Boozy giving them the time to play.Only trouble is he is obviously picking up too many injuries.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    The development of Brown and Thomson owed a lot to Boozy giving them the time to play.Only trouble is he is obviously picking up too many injuries.
    Zemmama's not exactly the ironman either. That's the sacrifice you have to make sometimes for flair. Kevin Thomson's picked up two career threatening injuries in a short span of time but I'm sure we wouldn't say no.

Quote Originally Posted by Archie21 View Post
    Exactly what Yogi s looking for

Quote Originally Posted by shamo9 View Post
    Zemmama's not exactly the ironman either. That's the sacrifice you have to make sometimes for flair. Kevin Thomson's picked up two career threatening injuries in a short span of time but I'm sure we wouldn't say no.
    I suspect Boozy's injuries have more to do with his age.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Boozy would have been ideal in our midfield today, obviously Zemmama will bring similar qualities when he's fit but having both of them in our midfield would do just nicely. I really hope he signs

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I suspect Boozy's injuries have more to do with his age.
    Or Steven Naismith being a dirty git...

He played often enough last year to suggest his injuries could be a thing of the past.

You can never have too many good footballers, especially ones with a passing range like his. Even if he can't play every game we've got a good depth of squad to cover for it.

Boozy signing, plus a couple of full-backs (unless Callum Booth is ready now) and I'll be delighted.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    I'd rather have 8 or 9 midfielders who are good enough to be first picks competing and rotating for 4 slots than 3 or 4 good players backed up by 10 dross "squad fillers" who cost us games when called upon.

Come home Boozy, we have a squad worthy of your vision and class again.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    .........Boozy...........
    ..Rankin.......McBride
    Zemmama.....................Riordan
    .............Stokes................

Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    .........Boozy...........

..Rankin.......McBride
    Zemmama.....................Riordan
    .............Stokes................

I think I've just came

Potentially I'd swap Rankin with Cregg in there but there's enough industry and art in that 6 to suggest it would be a strong unit.

To think we'd still have the likes of Benji, JJ, Nish, Wotherspoon etc waiting in the wings as well.

Not bad that, not bad at all.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"