hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc

Cool Jealousy, It's such an awful thing...

For those of you unfortunate enough to have been banned or are too lazy to sign up to Keechback, then have a butchers at the Yams 606 thread on our recent acqusition.

the word 'Jealousy' is used a couple of times and its a great laugh to see them squirm!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A56068374

2. Log in to remove the advert

ahhhh the sun is shining, hearts are in turmoil, hibs sign stokes- (didnt even think we'd get him on loan!) possibility of more to come, oh yes, what a time it is to be a Hibee!

@hibs.net private member
    I love the following...

"Nade offers us something that no other striker does.

A goal free game"

oh ma sides...

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Left by mutual consent!
    It's good to be a Hibby !! !!

Haven't felt this good about Hibs in a long time..

Amazing, what a great start to a week off

They are that bad they are drooling over the prospect of Nish being surplus to requirement! Personally, I'd ditch JJ before Nish!

First Team Breakthrough .SeventyFive's Avatar
    To be fair, this is a hilarious replay regarding Nish signing for Hearts:

Any thoughts?

I don't have any thoughts, just a distant voice repeating over and over again 'oh sheet, oh sheet...'

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HEARTS-V-DINAM...#ht_500wt_1182

Ach for £2.25 a ticket I might take the family for a nights worth of comedy gold

The best yam post EVER!

was looking at the Hibs board and the general consensus was that they feel they have too many strikers, and a few were suggesting they get rid of Johansson and Nish.

I know the guy is a Hobo through and through but I wouldnt mind taking Nish off their hands, I've always admired the guy and I think they underrate him.

Any thoughts?

What a day!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HEARTS-V-DINAM...#ht_500wt_1182

Ach for £2.25 a ticket I might take the family for a nights worth of comedy gold
    Cheapest comedy at the fringe, I'll bet.

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    The best yam post EVER!

was looking at the Hibs board and the general consensus was that they feel they have too many strikers, and a few were suggesting they get rid of Johansson and Nish.

I know the guy is a Hobo through and through but I wouldnt mind taking Nish off their hands, I've always admired the guy and I think they underrate him.

Any thoughts?

What a day!!
    They should be so lucky. Nish is the 12th all time SPL goalscorer with the chance to move above those ahead of him this season.

He's ours, thank you very much.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    The best yam post EVER!

Any thoughts?

What a day!!

They would kill for a forward with Nish's scoring rate. He outscores six of their forwards all by himself.

Mon the Nish
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Euan88
    I admire their honesty. Usually if one of us signs a good player the other fans find some way to play the signing down (old, overrated, injury-prone etc) so it shows how good a signing he is that even they are praising it.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by famous_five_hfc View Post
    I admire their honesty. Usually if one of us signs a good player the other fans find some way to play the signing down (old, overrated, injury-prone etc) so it shows how good a signing he is that even they are praising it.

"Admiration is for poets and diary cows, Bobby", as Ben Horne from Twin Peaks once said.

Anyhoo, it's not honesty. They're saying it because they're hurting. If they never got gubbed 4-0 last night they'd never dream of saying anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Todd View Post
    "Admiration is for poets and diary cows, Bobby", as Ben Horne from Twin Peaks once said.

Anyhoo, it's not honesty. They're saying it because they're hurting. If they never got gubbed 4-0 last night they'd never dream of saying anything like that.
    Sign of their weakness. They can't ignore the inevitable.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

This is our season

Watch this space

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post

We could be top of the table tomorrow, too

Edit: and the Yams could be bottom come Sunday!!

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post

Oh yes !!

The signing of Stokes shows intent and that is something we have been lacking in recent years.
    I'm chuffed to bits with this signing and reading between the lines in the Hughes interview , there could be another of similar quality coming in

I'm normally optimistic at the best of times but i'm drooling at the moment.

Aye , its good to be a Hibby

John Hughes inspires me when he talks football. The last manager to do that was Mowbray.
    One game into the season and i'm already certain that John Hughes is the right man at the right time for our club.

Mon the Hibees
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Landells View Post
    This is our season

Watch this space

Why not ?

I love feeling like this at the begining of a season. The trouble is though , it normally only lasts 3 or 4 games

Still , Mon the Hibees

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post

Oh yes !!

The signing of Stokes shows intent and that is something we have been lacking in recent years.
    I'm chuffed to bits with this signing and reading between the lines in the Hughes interview , there could be another of similar quality coming in

I'm normally optimistic at the best of times but i'm drooling at the moment.

Aye , its good to be a Hibby

John Hughes inspires me when he talks football. The last manager to do that was Mowbray.
    One game into the season and i'm already certain that John Hughes is the right man at the right time for our club.

Mon the Hibees
    Great post SG and agree with all you've got to say.

Hughes wasn't my first choice but I'm being won over by what he has to say and more importantly, the shape he's lining up. Feels right and we can find the right players to play it, I'm sure. It already looks like we have some

Like you say we're also doing the business by spending money on players. Like Deeks last season. This has been what it's about. Buying folk our competitors couldn't. Doing it year in and year out. 500K this season on one forward alone (plus his wages).

Mon the Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye...® View Post
    Great post SG and agree with all you've got to say.

Hughes wasn't my first choice but I'm being won over by what he has to say and more importantly, the shape he's lining up. Feels right and we can find the right players to play it, I'm sure. It already looks like we have some

Like you say we're also doing the business by spending money on players. Like Deeks last season. This has been what it's about. Buying folk our competitors couldn't. Doing it year in and year out. 500K this season on one forward alone (plus his wages).

Mon the Hibs
    This is what has got my attention. Spending 500k is a fair wedge in this day and age and he will be a good wage.

I will be genuinely astounded if we make another signing of this calibre.

John Hughes must be delighted to get such backing and i could listen to him all day talking about the mentality of the players he wants to bring in during his "tenure at the club".
    To think some folk thought he might not present himself well on camera(me included)

Long live John Hughes

Just had a long-standing lunch appointment with an old Yam chum, arranged long before the events of last week. As I suspected, he went on the bullish counter-attack right away, saying that Stokes was using Hibs as a stepping stone and would try to engineer a move back to a top English club as soon as possible.

I told him the old Leith proverb: "It is better to have a scoring striker thinking of a big move, than a non-scoring one thinking of a big mac."

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Just had a long-standing lunch appointment with an old Yam chum, arranged long before the events of last week. As I suspected, he went on the bullish counter-attack right away, saying that Stokes was using Hibs as a stepping stone and would try to engineer a move back to a top English club as soon as possible.

I told him the old Leith proverb: "It is better to have a scoring striker thinking of a big move, than a non-scoring one thinking of a big mac."
    Ha ha ha ha

It sure is nice that the big team cannae afford one decent striker yet we have at least five forwards who they would love to have! Their spanking at the hands of Dynamo Zagreb was a joy to behold as was Dundee Utd's easy win against them! Add to that Ginger Baws getting sent off and Hibs 100% record this season then I'd have to say that so far this season has been one of the best! Only the small matter of Falkirk away tomorrow....

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    It sure is nice that the big team cannae afford one decent striker yet we have at least five forwards who they would love to have! Their spanking at the hands of Dynamo Zagreb was a joy to behold as was Dundee Utd's easy win against them! Add to that Ginger Baws getting sent off and Hibs 100% record this season then I'd have to say that so far this season has been one of the best! Only the small matter of Falkirk away tomorrow....
    100% calm down we've only played one game!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Todd View Post
    100% calm down we've only played one game!
    The post was meant to be slightly sarcastic! Still, we do have reasonable grounds for optimism this season and let's hope that the Jambo's disastrous start to the season is a sign of things to come.

First Team Regular H1bs6H3arts2 FC's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Dashing Bob S;2140061]Just had a long-standing lunch appointment with an old Yam chum, arranged long before the events of last week. As I suspected, he went on the bullish counter-attack right away, saying that Stokes was using Hibs as a stepping stone and would try to engineer a move back to a top English club as soon as possible.

I told him the old Leith proverb: "It is better to have a scoring striker thinking of a big move, than a non-scoring one thinking of a big mac."[/QUOTE]

brilliant

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    The thing these boys can't handle is the banner headline that the wee team actually signs somebody on a definite term, where money exchanges hands and a contract is signed by a player with a recognisable name, with no smoke and mirrors involved in the deal, and worst of all for them there hasn't been a press campaign linking us with Grant (government) Ronaldo (both) Messi, World domination and everything else the PR man talks about, we just go out and do it then announce it. They have nae class, nae cash, and nae goals, glory glory, if only we had their belief.

Left by mutual consent!
    ...don't forget the first comment though;

"IMO this is a great signing for Hibs, this lad found the net for Falkirk numerous times and will do the same for Hibs."

Credit where credit is due, this has the potential to be a great signing for Hibs.

I'd have been delighted if we had pulled off a stroke like this, but whilst Rod has been persuaded to finally open the biscuit tin, ours is already empty!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Schmidt View Post
    ...don't forget the first comment though;

"IMO this is a great signing for Hibs, this lad found the net for Falkirk numerous times and will do the same for Hibs."

Credit where credit is due, this has the potential to be a great signing for Hibs.

I'd have been delighted if we had pulled off a stroke like this, but whilst Rod has been persuaded to finally open the biscuit tin, ours is already empty!!

Whoooooooooaaah there Jack. You're confusing us with the lesser greens mate. They have a biscuit tin but we're classier and use a cookie jar
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

Appreciate your patronage, thank you humbly, but isn't that the point? we don't make all the claims then produce nothing except column inches and drool from the believers, there's more came into your tin than ever went out in the mad mans time. Keep smiling and believing. If only we could copy you.