hibs.net Messageboard

St James' tonight

I've just got back from a reasonably entertaining game, Newcastle 1 Sheff Weds 0, attendance 44,000; so to give the Geordies credit they are still turning out in good numbers.

However, most of the evenings entertainment was provided by a load of bats who are obviously nesting (do bats 'nest'? i dont even know) in the top tiers of the stadium and were flying about the heads of both sets of supporters.

Anyone seen this anywhere else or is this unique to St James Park?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've just got back from a reasonably entertaining game, Newcastle 1 Sheff Weds 0, attendance 44,000; so to give the Geordies credit they are still turning out in good numbers.

However, most of the evenings entertainment was provided by a load of bats who are obviously nesting (do bats 'nest'? i dont even know) in the top tiers of the stadium and were flying about the heads of both sets of supporters.

Dunno about unique, but they've been there a good few years. The fans nicknamed a favourite midfielder after the creatures in the mid-1990s.

@hibs.net private member wazoo1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Dunno about unique, but they've been there a good few years. The fans nicknamed a favourite midfielder after the creatures in the mid-1990s.
    Joey Baton

@hibs.net private member Hibbie_Cameron's Avatar
    Ashley opened his wallet

Quote Originally Posted by wazoo1875 View Post
    Joey Baton
    David Batty

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Kieronoptera Dyer?
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Angry

I once got a bat in the mooth off a polis at dens park 30 year ago my crime was to trip on the steps going to the loo lol

Did Hearts not have the same problem at Tynie with bats, sure I read this a while back. Maybe just Vlad the vampire sucking the club dry.